2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 14 GT turned one year old today..

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/15, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, but every time I get in it, it is like the day I picked it up...and when yours is trashed...mine will still be brand new...matter of fact, the dealer who took my 12 in on trade put it on the showroom floor as it was mint condition.
Attached Thumbnails My 14 GT turned one year old today..-2012-stang-2.jpg  
Old 5/24/15, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
If I didn't put any more miles on mine than you put on yours they would be hauling me off to the little flower home before it got as many miles on it as it has now.
Old 5/24/15, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Yeah, but every time I get in it, it is like the day I picked it up...and when yours is trashed...mine will still be brand new...matter of fact, the dealer who took my 12 in on trade put it on the showroom floor as it was mint condition.
LOL my car will be trashed because i actually drive it instead of look at it?

I bought this car to drive it, thats what cars are for. If you want to look at your car and not drive it you shouldnt have even bothered trading for a 5.0 then.
My car is mint and i take care of it, i also enjoy driving it and i guarantee it runs and performs better than the cars that sit at home tucked away in garages.
Old 5/25/15, 06:11 AM
Cobra Member

"Mint is in the eye of the beholder....if it is totally free of blemishes and not a speck of dirt under the hood, trunk, etc...ok, it is mint......and I guarantee mine runs and performs just fine......
Old 5/25/15, 07:38 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
My car just turned a year too and I've got under 1500 miles. It's my weekend car. When I sold my 2000 GT when it was 14 years old it had just over 60k on it. I plan on adding some good quality miles this summer.

I think there is something to cars are probably better off being driven though.
Old 5/25/15, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

It's driven, it's driven!!!!!!! Just not in bad weather or winter......come on Burton, where are you when I need you!!!!!?????
Old 5/25/15, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
I'm one of those 'old guys' (75) and my two year old Stang has nearly 31,000 miles on it.

I'm with you there! my car is just around the corner from turning 1 year old. It has just under 16k Miles on it (25,000KM) and I've driven it part time up until a month ago. was carpooling with a neighbor. or I would be exactly where you are in mileage.
Old 5/25/15, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get keeping the miles down if you plan to keep a car for 10 or 20 years, and I can relate to a car that is just a weekend or occasional use car not seeing a tons of miles annually.... that's what mine is. But to buy new and sell after 2 years with a few thousand miles is a really expensive hobby. But keep it up, without you guys I wouldn't get the great deals on 2 year old low mileage cars that are my hobby. The per mile depreciation if you don't drive much those first few years is astronomical...... so again, thanks.

Last edited by logical; 5/25/15 at 09:18 AM.
Old 5/25/15, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by logical
I get keeping the miles down if you plan to keep a car for 10 or 20 years, and I can relate to a car that is just a weekend or occasional use car not seeing a tons of miles annually.... that's what mine is. But to buy new and sell after 2 years with a few thousand miles is a really expensive hobby. But keep it up, without you guys I wouldn't get the great deals on 2 year old low mileage cars that are my hobby. The per mile depreciation if you don't drive much those first few years is astronomical...... so again, thanks.

Yup. I agree. No one would ever be so lucky with my cars. I tend to dump them when they have 250k+ on them I'm hoping to keep this car as a summer car only once I have it paid for and buy a beater for the winter months. that will definitely help keep the miles down a bit.
Old 5/25/15, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

This is my last toy, .....and yes the person who got my last car got basically a brand new car....but I wanted one last chance at the V8....oh, and i couldn't stand having a black car any longer...too ****....and too old to keep it looking new.....
Old 5/25/15, 03:15 PM
Cobra Member

"Mint is in the eye of the beholder....if it is totally free of blemishes and not a speck of dirt under the hood, trunk, etc...ok, it is mint......and I guarantee mine runs and performs just fine......
No car will be free of imperfections. Its a machine made out of metal that is designed to be driven on public roads, not in a living room. External variables are out of your control. As per performance, an engine needs to be fully settled and worked in at higher RPMs. Based on your stories i dont envision you exceeding 3k rpm in your car. Who knows if oil is properly circulating throughout. Watch out for the tick.

It's driven, it's driven!!!!!!! Just not in bad weather or winter......come on Burton, where are you when I need you!!!!!?????
I understand that and respect that. Im just trying to convince you to start living your life and enjoying the performance car you paid for. In my eyes, a person cannot be a real enthusiast if they dont drive their car and dont enjoy doing so in a performance oriented manner. I dont know how old you are, but you according to your posts youre not a young man. Drive your car, enjoy it, get some excitement in your life. Take advantage of the days. If the car is stored most of the time and not driven, its like you dont even have it. Go use it and enjoy it while you can.

Burton is an enthusiast, he enjoys driving his car more than anything and he mods it for that reason to enjoy the performance even further. He is pro at detailing and for that reason likes to keep his car mint and stores it when needed. He doesnt do this because he prefers to look at his car instead of drive it.
Old 5/25/15, 05:21 PM
Cobra Member

He also does not drive his in the rain......
Old 5/25/15, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The weather does not hurt your car. It is designed to withstand rain.
Old 5/25/15, 07:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
The weather does not hurt your car. It is designed to withstand rain.
Well most weather, just not hail.
Old 5/25/15, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

He also does not drive his in the rain......
Its a car dude, a Mustang at that, its nothing special. We are not talking about an R spec 1 of 4 limited production Pagani Zonda here.

Last edited by xtc.inc; 5/25/15 at 10:25 PM.
Old 5/26/15, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

And I have come close to the redline quite a few times......I just don't abuse it...there is a difference between getting getting on it and beating the s**t out of it which, based on the number of video's i have seen, many do just that...yeah it is a Mustang....but it is my Mustang......to each his own.....
Old 5/26/15, 07:39 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
LOL what kind of logic is this. You shouldnt bang your wife so many times. Keep her nice and fresh for the next guy.
this had me LOOL!! 😂
Old 5/26/15, 07:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Mine turned one the other day. I did not realize it.
My dealer sent me a note saying it was one year old kinda like a Birthday card.Lol I laughed and could not believe it was one year already.
I went outside and Looked at her in the Garage. Seems like it was yesterday I was waiting for Ford to Manufacture this car. Then waiting for it to arrive felt like an eternity.

Now she sits in the garage under my lift. I have a few cars and it is not my DD. So this summer it is time to Driver her. I plan on taking her on a trip or tow and time to go Racing again. Yea and some more Mods as well.
It will be time for her First Service and I still only have 2500 miles on her. So I will be Driving Her more often. That is my Present to Her. LOL
Old 5/26/15, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
My dealer sent me a one year email too, it said we hope you are enjoying your 2014 Mustang, now come in and try the new 2015 Mustang. No thanks, the 15s are great, but I like the 14s better.

It's been crazy after owning this car for one year, drove it through rain, snow, and below freezing temps. It's definitely not showroom new anymore, it has swirl marks, scratches and nicks over it, but I just just gave it a full detail two weeks ago for the summer, and it looks pretty much brand new though.

It hasn't been perfect though, I do have the tick that came right on at 1500 miles, before the first oil change. I had it looked twice by 2 different dealers and got BS. Also had a water leak into the car behind the cowl on the passenger side, dealer had to replace the carpet and the passenger side airbag module. Of course, the MT82 isn't that great, but other than that, I still get a smile every time I drive my Mustang.
Old 5/26/15, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I like how one guys 2014 is one years old, but my 2013 is 3 years old... try explaining that math in front of none car people.

Quick Reply: My 14 GT turned one year old today..