Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mgw race spec

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/15, 08:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mgw race spec

Anyone buy one and install? How did you like it?
Old 3/1/15, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
There is several threads on this already do a Search.

Here is one of them. This is the only way to go. It addresses what is wrong with the factory shift linkage. All others think it is the shifter.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...hifter-534913/
Old 3/2/15, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Just waiting for it to show up!
And waiting for the weather to warm up!
And waiting for the snow to go away!
And waiting for the salt to wash away!

A lot of waiting it seems....
Old 3/3/15, 04:01 PM
GT Member

driving out to MGW to get mine installed tomorrow
Old 3/5/15, 01:14 PM
GT Member

-12 this morning
No race spec yet (it's been a few weeks now)
Just go more snow....

This is just not working out well.

The weather guys are hinting at a 50 next week.... I think it was late October the last time that happened. But weather guys/gals lie..... We shall see
Old 3/6/15, 12:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
There is several threads on this already do a Search.

Here is one of them. This is the only way to go. It addresses what is wrong with the factory shift linkage. All others think it is the shifter.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...hifter-534913/
I read through this thread and it looks like it talked a lot about the install and noises. I have one of the original MGW's, purchased and installed back in '12. Love it, no issues with it.

But can someone tell me the difference between my old MGW and the "race spec" MGW? is it just beefier, or what?
Old 3/6/15, 09:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

I read through this thread and it looks like it talked a lot about the install and noises. I have one of the original MGW's, purchased and installed back in '12. Love it, no issues with it.

But can someone tell me the difference between my old MGW and the "race spec" MGW? is it just beefier, or what?
I had the old MGW on my 11. Took advantage of the core credit they were offering so I bought the Race Spec. The Race Spec replaces the complete shifter and components from the trans back. The Race Spec support arm is beefy machined aluminum and the shift linkage is very nicely designed without multiple joints like the stock linkage. Going from the old version to the Race Spec, the biggest difference is the precision of the Race Spec. As for the noise, it's actually quieter than my old version and I'm experiencing zero NVH.
Old 3/7/15, 07:03 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2010GBGT
I had the old MGW on my 11. Took advantage of the core credit they were offering so I bought the Race Spec. The Race Spec replaces the complete shifter and components from the trans back. The Race Spec support arm is beefy machined aluminum and the shift linkage is very nicely designed without multiple joints like the stock linkage. Going from the old version to the Race Spec, the biggest difference is the precision of the Race Spec. As for the noise, it's actually quieter than my old version and I'm experiencing zero NVH.
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. I'd reckon those updates don't warrant me buying the race spec and replacing my current MGW right? I wouldn't think so, but. . .
Old 3/7/15, 07:25 AM
GT Member

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. I'd reckon those updates don't warrant me buying the race spec and replacing my current MGW right? I wouldn't think so, but. . .
Don't get me wrong, the older version worked great for me but I felt the linkage on my shifter would bind at times preventing it from being perfect. This, the fact they were offering the $200 core refund and my OCD made the decision easy for me. It really is a work of art and worth every penny they ask. Here's a pic of everything you get...
Attached Images  
Old 3/7/15, 07:31 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2010GBGT
Don't get me wrong, the older version worked great for me but I felt the linkage on my shifter would bind at times preventing it from being perfect. This, the fact they were offering the $200 core refund and my OCD made the decision easy for me. It really is a work of art and worth every penny they ask. Here's a pic of everything you get...
Dang that IS nice. George has done it again eh? The MGW on my car is one of my favorite mods of all time . However I don't think it's worth taking it all off again and putting a new one on again. Ugh. I dunno maybe it is lol
Old 3/7/15, 02:57 PM
GT Member

Dang that IS nice. George has done it again eh? The MGW on my car is one of my favorite mods of all time . However I don't think it's worth taking it all off again and putting a new one on again. Ugh. I dunno maybe it is lol
Yeah, he does such a great job. It's a real shame the only time you'll actually see how nice the shifter MGW sells is when you open the box.

It's a though call. I debated for a while since I would have to pay twice to have a shifter installed. Finally said to hell with it and haven't looked back. Eh, it's only money, right? The fun of modding these cars is priceless! At least that's how I'm justifying it...lol