2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/17, 08:47 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
It seems that a lot of people who do have two car garages sadly don't have room for any cars in them.
Old 2/17/17, 08:59 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,584 Posts
That definitely would really suck for sure
Old 2/17/17, 09:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Humm ! I wonder why your wife said no Burton lol. But look at the bright side, most folks are lucky enough to have just a 2 car garage, let alone able to fit 3 or more cars.. Heck I'd be more than happy just to be able to fit 2 cars in my garage
HAHA... but on the flip side, you should see her KITCHEN! Hey, if she gets her kitchen, I get my garage. I actually call it, my Garaj Mahal.

But yeah, I can NOT imagine life with a 2 car garage. I would be able to fit ONE car in there, because of all the kids bikes, toys, lawn equipment, snow equipment, spare tires, jacks, tools, I could keep going.

Which brings me to my next point. HOW IN THE HECK, do builders and people not automatically go for at LEAST a 3 car garage? Even watching HGTV like House Hunters or the like, they never and I mean NEVER even show the garage in those shows. They talk about all these great fancy updates they do to the bedrooms, the kitchen, blah blah... but yet, no one even TALKS about the garage. So bizarre.

Another thing - when those people talk about their REQUIREMENTS for a home, not one of them says anything about the garage (I take that back, I think one guy said he needed a 3 car garage). But nothing about size, layout, etc... nothing. And yet all the people and friends I know who have seen my garage say, oh man, I WISH I should have done a bigger garage. LOL.

In today's environment, not only do you have all those "stuff" I mentioned above to put in there, but with kids now having cars? Where the heck will you put those in a 2 car garage?!?!?!

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
progress looks good Burton
Thanks Darren! Long time no talk buddy! Sorry I been so busy. I might actually take Marilyn out of hiding this weekend. I think Spring is here. 65 this weekend!!! I've been too busy to enjoy her.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
It seems that a lot of people who do have two car garages sadly don't have room for any cars in them.
Sadly, that is so true.
Old 2/17/17, 11:28 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
progress looks good Burton
^^What Darren said! Looks awesome Burton.
About 2 months left before move in time?
Old 2/17/17, 12:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Looks good Burton ... for the garage fan and lights, check out Big As$ Fans, they also have LED lighting systems now, and they're awesome of course ...
Old 2/17/17, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
HAHA... but on the flip side, you should see her KITCHEN! Hey, if she gets her kitchen, I get my garage. I actually call it, my Garaj Mahal.

But yeah, I can NOT imagine life with a 2 car garage. I would be able to fit ONE car in there, because of all the kids bikes, toys, lawn equipment, snow equipment, spare tires, jacks, tools, I could keep going.

Which brings me to my next point. HOW IN THE HECK, do builders and people not automatically go for at LEAST a 3 car garage? Even watching HGTV like House Hunters or the like, they never and I mean NEVER even show the garage in those shows. They talk about all these great fancy updates they do to the bedrooms, the kitchen, blah blah... but yet, no one even TALKS about the garage. So bizarre.

Another thing - when those people talk about their REQUIREMENTS for a home, not one of them says anything about the garage (I take that back, I think one guy said he needed a 3 car garage). But nothing about size, layout, etc... nothing. And yet all the people and friends I know who have seen my garage say, oh man, I WISH I should have done a bigger garage. LOL.

In today's environment, not only do you have all those "stuff" I mentioned above to put in there, but with kids now having cars? Where the heck will you put those in a 2 car garage?!?!?!
Yep. We have so many neighbors with 2-car garages and 2 cars in the driveway. When my wife and I started our house search, a 3-car was a "nice to have" but evolved into a "must have" as we kept searching. Our realtor, and my uncle, who's also a realtor, said in many cases, it's become the difference between selling and not selling a house, rather than just a feature you can get a bit more money for.

And I'm very jealous of Burton's! It's looking great, and the electrical is set up really smartly. Glad you did the extra 220 for your future electric car too.
Old 2/17/17, 02:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
^^What Darren said! Looks awesome Burton.
About 2 months left before move in time?
Thanks Tony! Sorry I been awol, bud. So frickin' busy

Yes! Well, maybe more. Closing is mid May, but I'm guessing move is not till June.

Originally Posted by Gabe
Looks good Burton ... for the garage fan and lights, check out Big As$ Fans, they also have LED lighting systems now, and they're awesome of course ...
OHHH YES. Big A$$ fans FTW! They have lights now too? I will look into that. They're pricey though, right Gabe? I'll be hurtin' for a while on budget. No mods for Marilyn for a little bit. Heck, I gotta buy my lift first!!!

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Yep. We have so many neighbors with 2-car garages and 2 cars in the driveway. When my wife and I started our house search, a 3-car was a "nice to have" but evolved into a "must have" as we kept searching. Our realtor, and my uncle, who's also a realtor, said in many cases, it's become the difference between selling and not selling a house, rather than just a feature you can get a bit more money for.

And I'm very jealous of Burton's! It's looking great, and the electrical is set up really smartly. Glad you did the extra 220 for your future electric car too.
Thanks Kyle! Yes, on the topic of outlets - do you know how many outlets I currently have in my garage of my current house? TWO. TWOoooooooooooooooooooo. Can you believe that crap? I hated that part of it. I mean come on... who in the heck designs a garage and puts two in there. Wow. I had extension cords and outlet expanders galore in that garage. I was probably violating electrical safety, but... LOL.

So yeah, now? 16. Suck on that, you stupid home builders! lol.

And yes, selling points - garage and kitchen - man and wife. We got it covered!!!
Old 2/17/17, 10:43 PM

Thanks Darren! Long time no talk buddy! Sorry I been so busy. I might actually take Marilyn out of hiding this weekend. I think Spring is here. 65 this weekend!!! I've been too busy to enjoy her.

Sadly, that is so true.
I totally agree Burton, especially when it comes to kids/family that you need a minimum of having a 3 car garage or space for fitting 4 or more cars without a doubt
Old 2/18/17, 01:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Thanks Kyle! Yes, on the topic of outlets - do you know how many outlets I currently have in my garage of my current house? TWO. TWOoooooooooooooooooooo. Can you believe that crap? I hated that part of it.
I feel your pain. I have 3 in my 3-car garage, two of which are in the ceiling for garage door openers. So stupid. Almost as stupid as the fact that when we moved into the house the walls were all finished with drywall, but hollow with no insulation. So one of my first projects was drilling holes between each set of studs, blowing insulation in, and then patching the holes.
Old 2/18/17, 01:34 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Very Nice Burton. Things are looking great. Me likey what you have done here! Top notch!
Old 2/21/17, 01:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
I feel your pain. I have 3 in my 3-car garage, two of which are in the ceiling for garage door openers. So stupid. Almost as stupid as the fact that when we moved into the house the walls were all finished with drywall, but hollow with no insulation. So one of my first projects was drilling holes between each set of studs, blowing insulation in, and then patching the holes.
You know what's crazy? Not sure if it's just our builder - but maybe builders in general are trying to cut down on cost - but I asked about that, and there were certain rooms and walls they put insulation in but some/most of them they did not. So yes, literally drywall to drywall, hollow inside.

I had to tell them to put blown or laid insulation in. My entire garage for example. That one I had to make sure they blew all that in, walls to ceiling. ALL OVER.

Folks are so cheap nowadays.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Very Nice Burton. Things are looking great. Me likey what you have done here! Top notch!
Thanks Shane!!! I appreciate it bud.

===================

So some very minor updates, but it was a big deal for me. I have been toying around the COLOR of my garage for a while now.

Here is what I decided to have them paint:

We chose Lazy Gray for interior of house (common areas) and I wanted something bolder, so I went with darker, Network Gray, for my entire garage.

What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_0888-1-.jpg  
Old 2/21/17, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm digin it. I like the greys
It's getting closer to the garage party Burton

Last edited by GrnT; 2/21/17 at 02:46 PM.
Old 2/21/17, 03:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Party at Burton's!
Old 2/22/17, 07:28 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GrnT
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Party at Burton's!
Thanks Mark and Gary!!!

Anytime man! You guys just have to remember to take shoes off before entering the garage!

hehe.

So a couple other updates, not really house related, but sortta... I'll post this on latest pics too.

But this past weekend, I activated Marilyn!!! 65 degrees was too hard to pass up. Then it's supposed to be cold again this weekend - go figure. Oh well. At least now she's ready.

I took a video of her first start from this year. Stabil in November, so hibernation for about 4 months? She turned over right away. Perfect.

I drove her over to Castle Black (we call the new house Castle Black - the current house is called Hodoor - you Game of Thrones fans will know my references). I snapped a quick pic on my iphone, so pardon the crappy quality, no time to edit. I call this pic, "SOON......"

Old 2/28/17, 09:48 AM
I Have No Life

Another minor update - tape, mud, and texture were done late last week. You can see the wall mounted light fixtures, and the outlets strategically placed in between them. The bigger square to the right is one of the 220V outlets. I counted again, I think I have 15 regular outlets sprinkled in the garage, plus 3 - 220v outlets.

They are priming as we speak!!! I'll update once that is done! Then I think they put the outlets in...

Last edited by FromZto5; 2/28/17 at 11:46 AM.
Old 2/28/17, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Freaking awesome man!
Old 2/28/17, 02:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Awesome stuff Burton.
A brand new house. Can't beat that bro. Well,....a brand new custom garage is pretty awesome too!!
Old 2/28/17, 03:05 PM

This ^^^^^^^
Old 3/1/17, 07:15 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
Freaking awesome man!
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome stuff Burton.
A brand new house. Can't beat that bro. Well,....a brand new custom garage is pretty awesome too!!
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
This ^^^^^^^
Thanks so much guys!!! Yeah, it's actually really coming together. Still feels surreal. I can't believe I'm actually going to get my dream garage. I was just looking at it again yesterday. I can't believe I will have a hot/cold spigot in the garage (two, for that matter).
Old 3/1/17, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Thanks so much guys!!! Yeah, it's actually really coming together. Still feels surreal. I can't believe I'm actually going to get my dream garage. I was just looking at it again yesterday. I can't believe I will have a hot/cold spigot in the garage (two, for that matter).

haha you're living the dream brother.

Quick Reply: Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)