Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A little tired of the harassment on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/15, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I fall into the "let the idiots look like a fool, or get a ticket" category.

+1
I have an exhaust setup that tends to pop and rumble when I downshift into a light. That seems to be received as some sort of challenge by Vette owners in particular.

I have noticed most newer Camaros and Challengers just exchange a nice nod with me, however...
Old 8/26/15, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I had a guy in a SRT8 300 try to start something at a light. He revved his engine, I though "what are you going to do, give me a smooth ride?" but I revved mine anyway (and of course my sounded WAY cooler with the GT500 burrble), and when the light turned green he peeled out and took off in a middle of a really busy intersection while looking like a total cokc gobbler while I did nothing . Granted, i would have to be on my game to beat a 300 SRT8, but why bother in the first place? I go to the track to do that stuff, and even then I want to come home in a shiny car.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 8/27/15 at 07:45 AM.
Old 8/26/15, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's just too dangerous to mess around on residential roads unless you really live next to some less-traveled stretches where you can open it up a little. Also, you really don't know how crazy/stupid the other person is or if they have a gun. There is sooo much traffic on my way to work... I couldn't do some spirited sprints even if I wanted to unless I want to rear-end someone. I have to say though... All of the nods, thumbs up and stop light conversations definitely help make up for the aggressive/harassing/stupid people.
Old 8/27/15, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PonyMuscletang13
Exactly what I have been experiencing ever since, although I can appreciate certain attention - makes me feel like a rock star. And I thought it is because I'm in SoCal lol.

Mighty(!) Coyote indeed yes. I almost cried lol. I get emotional sometimes. As much as we get attention from the crowd, I notice equal hates on these cars. We can't really argue after watching some douchebags crashing on youtube, their act of lowering our 'class' has been really bugging me. It is those haters hates mostly the behaviors of owner/driver being an **** rather than the car itself in which is really sad they all look at us the same old douchebags driving around reving loud street race. Good call on letting him beat you.
You get that with any sports car. You get idiot drivers with any car. For every mustang idiot crash video, I can show you a Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, BMW, whatever doing the exact same thing or worse. It just comes with the territory. Anyone hating on our cars is just doing exactly that. They are either jealous, a tree hugger, or some brand loyal douche.
Old 8/27/15, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by 05PRMTX
You get that with any sports car. You get idiot drivers with any car. For every mustang idiot crash video, I can show you a Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, BMW, whatever doing the exact same thing or worse. It just comes with the territory. Anyone hating on our cars is just doing exactly that. They are either jealous, a tree hugger, or some brand loyal douche.
except for all the hundreds of Mustang crashes in the Mustang week videos.
Old 8/27/15, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JCCNY
^ Talk about a douche. You don't move over to let faster traffic pass, then when somebody is forced to pass you on the right you block them- smh
I'm not talking about anyone behind me in the fast lane. I spend very little time in the fast lane and always watch my rear view for the need to move over for someone coming up fast. BUT if you wip in behind me as I pass you and start tailgating me I am in no hurry to move over especially if I am already doing 10-20 mph over the speed limit and I have already passed you 3-4 time during my commute without having to alter my speed.
Old 8/27/15, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I find that usually it's some douche in a prius or a minivan that wants to ride my *** when I'm already doing 70 in a 55. I'll admit that I don't move over EVER when someone starts to tailgate me, or when they start flashing their lights (most times I'm only in the fast lane in an attempt to keep open road in front of my car to avoid any road debris or rock damage). I slow down to get them nice and mad then wait for an opening in the right lane to come up, when they angrily jerk over to go around me I speed up just enough to prevent them from passing. If you time it right, the person that was behind them, behind you, moves up and they lose there place behind you and have two cars to get around.
I get in my car every morning wondering "what douche today will have the sole mission of being in front of me". Seems like there is always someone on my highway commute that just HAS to pass me, while I go a set speed all the way to work. It does get annoying to have to pass the same person ten times when I go 70 all the way to work and every time I pass them they feel the need to fly past me and then slow down enough for me to pass them again 2 miles down the road when my speed doesn't change. I do get the daily revving of engines next to me or at stop lights as well.
One of those guys ha? When you grow up and learn what the consequences of your actions can be (Hopefully not the hard way), my guess is if you have a functioning brain in your head (In question at this point) you will stop playing chicken on the public roads. If you want to kill yourself in your car go ahead, take it to the track and go for it…but be damned, don’t do it on the public roads and take out somebody else with you, whether they’re being stupid themselves or not. None of those things you wrote about that irritate you are worth running the risk of getting killed for. Calculate how much kinetic energy is stored in a 3700 pound car going only 60-80 mph…or crash a car going that fast and live through it and you will forever have second thoughts about ever pulling stupid $hit like that again. I’ve spent 40 years at road courses, dirt and asphalt oval tracks and the strip with cars equipped with the best safety equipment. Even under those “best of” conditions what can and does happen to the human body is frighteningly appalling. Beyond that, you have no idea of the limits or mindset of the driver you’re toying with or those of the other drivers on the road around you. Bottom line is, if you want to be stupid in your car, take it to the track and knock yourself out, literally.

G-**** stupidest post I’ve read on this forum in a very long time…thought we had smarter people on this forum. And don’t PM me or even respond to this post. I’m right and you’re wrong and we both know it.

John
Old 8/27/15, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the harassment that I'm getting really tired of comes from the police in the area. I have nothing against police in general, most of my friends and family are in law enforcement of one type or another, but the way these local cops flock to my car like moths to a flame is getting ridiculous, and frankly dangerous. Constantly getting tailgated by police, for miles and miles, with their spots and high beams shining so bright from behind\in my mirrors, I can't see a **** thing. And it's totally just because of the car being what it is (and it being 2-3AM, as that's when I get off work.) I was never followed\bothered in any of my trucks or my BMW the way I am in the Mustang.

The idiots who just want to try to race or some other stupid stuff, I just ignore. I have nothing to prove to fools.
Old 8/27/15, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
except for all the hundreds of Mustang crashes in the Mustang week videos.
Yea, you have a point there. Anytime you get that many sports cars together though, there's bound to be some idiots present.
Old 8/27/15, 04:34 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
I have a stock mustang and it's not that fast,
Since when has a 425 HP car become slow? These cars are insanely fast right out of the factory... I guess its all relative to what you are comparing it too..

THough by that logic one of these days we will be calling our 1000 hp factory cars slow becase it cant out run a koenigsegg.
Old 8/27/15, 04:43 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
Since when has a 425 HP car become slow? These cars are insanely fast right out of the factory... I guess its all relative to what you are comparing it too..
Well said. Even the 6 cyl Mustang is on the plus side of respectable, and the EB seems to be proving itself in the performance and upgrade departments.

Ain't no slouches in the Pony world.
Old 8/27/15, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SouthernStang79

THough by that logic one of these days we will be calling our 1000 hp factory cars slow becase it cant out run a koenigsegg.
What I meant by that statement is that I realize my car is quick, but don't drive it like I think it's one of the fastest cars out on the road... Because it's not. I drive through some fancy pants neighborhoods en route to work. I've seen SLS AMG's, GTR's, BMW i8, Tesla Roadster

Last edited by Last1; 8/27/15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 8/27/15, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Last1
What I meant by that statement is that I realize my car is quick, but don't drive it like I think it's one of the fastest cars out on the road... Because it's not. I drive through some fancy pants neighborhoods en route to work. I've seen SLS AMG's, GTR's, BMW i8, Tesla Roadster
I know exactly what you mean. I have driven alongside with those fancy cars (especially GTR's) on weekend canyon cruise events, and sadly our cars are not that fast - relatively speaking of course. To those of you who plan on harassing us, go pick on some GTR's lol.
Old 8/27/15, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhitePonyGT/CS
Lol, just had it yesterday. Driving along, minding my own business and I merge right next to a new Tesla S 85d (422/465). He ends up in front of me for a mile or so until traffic opens up. The Dude literarily brake checks me to get my attention. So I let a couple cars pass on our right and finally move to simply pass him since he is now running 60-65 in a 70 mph zone.

Once I get by his door he starts jabbing his accerator. So Im like ok buddy, toggle my a6 down to third (orx and muffler bypass) and we hit it at same time. Not a great speed for my third, but nonetheless put about 3 bus lengths on him by 125 mph and walking him hard. I gently rolled down the window and waved bye, bye. Quess he thought/hoped mine was stock (looks bone stock on outside). Justice served on 85k plus car.
"He ends up in front of me for a mile or so until traffic opens up." "...but nonetheless put about 3 bus lengths on him by 125 mph and walking him hard." Going 125 mph on a public road in "traffic"? You are dangerous to everyone (families and children) around you and I hope you lose your license before you kill someone. Take it to a track!!!
Old 8/27/15, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
One of those guys ha? When you grow up and learn what the consequences of your actions can be (Hopefully not the hard way), my guess is if you have a functioning brain in your head (In question at this point) you will stop playing chicken on the public roads. If you want to kill yourself in your car go ahead, take it to the track and go for it…but be damned, don’t do it on the public roads and take out somebody else with you, whether they’re being stupid themselves or not. None of those things you wrote about that irritate you are worth running the risk of getting killed for. Calculate how much kinetic energy is stored in a 3700 pound car going only 60-80 mph…or crash a car going that fast and live through it and you will forever have second thoughts about ever pulling stupid $hit like that again. I’ve spent 40 years at road courses, dirt and asphalt oval tracks and the strip with cars equipped with the best safety equipment. Even under those “best of” conditions what can and does happen to the human body is frighteningly appalling. Beyond that, you have no idea of the limits or mindset of the driver you’re toying with or those of the other drivers on the road around you. Bottom line is, if you want to be stupid in your car, take it to the track and knock yourself out, literally.

G-**** stupidest post I’ve read on this forum in a very long time…thought we had smarter people on this forum. And don’t PM me or even respond to this post. I’m right and you’re wrong and we both know it.

John
Wow, since you told me not to post a reply, maybe I should just cancel my membership to this forum. I've been driving now for nearly 30 years and NEVER been in an accident, and have had 3 tickets in that time. Long enough to know if someone is truly just trying to drive, or trying to mess with me because of my car. My commute is at 4AM with very minimal traffic on the 30 miles of highway with 65-70MPH posted speed limits. Hardly playing chicken but thanks for the lessons in physics, racing, and morality.
Old 8/27/15, 09:01 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Left lane for passing only

I don't care why you're riding in the left lane it's for passing only. There's like actual highway sings that say it.

Why anyone would intentionally act like a douche and jamb up traffic is beyond me. Sounds like issues that need to be dealt with on a couch somewhere.

Call the police if someone is driving bad and you're concerned about it but don't try to play traffic cop with your car and other people's lives because you have to prove a point.
Old 8/28/15, 03:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Happend to me the 2nd day I had my car. It was an 80s Honda crx with the fart can he just wouldn't leave me alone. So I dropped it in 3rd to get the rpm up he did the same. Then I just popped the clutch revved up like I kicked it, and he went off racing hisself lol I almost died laughing. But yea street racing is stupid one of these days kids will learn.
Old 8/28/15, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by smrbrz
"He ends up in front of me for a mile or so until traffic opens up." "...but nonetheless put about 3 bus lengths on him by 125 mph and walking him hard." Going 125 mph on a public road in "traffic"? You are dangerous to everyone (families and children) around you and I hope you lose your license before you kill someone. Take it to a track!!!
Lol. You have no clue of where I live, time of day, type of road, weather, nor road conditions.? Four lane concrete interstate with no exits/entrances heading out of town. I accelerated up and back down to legal limit immediately. Calm down "safety patrol".

Last edited by WhitePonyGT/CS; 8/28/15 at 06:24 AM.
Old 8/28/15, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by WhitePonyGT/CS
Lol. You have no clue of where I live, time of day, type of road, weather, nor road conditions.? Four lane concrete interstate with no exits/entrances heading out of town. I accelerated up and back down to legal limit immediately. Calm down "safety patrol".
Not going to happen. I've seen too much carnage over the years from people like you who believe it will never happen and that they are invincible.

Blink of an eye...

https://video-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...e6&oe=55E08AEE
Old 8/28/15, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Why even bother with any of those poor drivers? Most of them drive Toyotas, or other "lesser" cars. I know what I've got....a 450bhp, a6 with a 3.55 rear end, 2015 Race Red Mustang, 20" factory (gorgeous) rims,
Steeda F/R sway bars, Ford Racing exhaust and I move over for idiots. I like my car and despise idiots who drive lesser vehicles and drive poorly. Get away from them and live longer.

Quick Reply: A little tired of the harassment on the road...