Sponsored By:

LCA vs UCA / Barton Bracket/Blowfish

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/14, 05:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCA vs UCA / Barton Bracket/Blowfish

Howdy Howdy,

So recently I've gotten into drag racing. But I'm having trouble putting the power down. My best run was 13.2 @ 110, but I either get too much wheel hop, or I get locked out of 4th gear shifting at high RPMs.

Here is the wheel hop:

Would I be better off getting LCA or UCA to help with this? Should I be looking at adjustable or non-adjustable?

Here is me getting locked out of 4th gear. This happened 60% of the time that day:

Would the Barton two post bracket solve this problem? I know a lot of people like the blowfish bracket, but the Barton is a third of the price. I thought I'd start with that and see if that helps. If others could point me in the right direction, information would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a video of my best run. Gotta love those Borlas.

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 9/29/14, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You can't go wrong with the Barton 2 Post. Its still a highly recommended Bracket. I had installed mine when I did my shifter (Barton shifter) as well and haven't had lock out since then....

Mind you, I don't drive a GT and you have a lot more power to play with.

Blowfish might be better for you, depending on what your end game is and what you plan on doing to your car, I dunno. I can't see you going wrong with the Barton 2post, It is still one of the best brackets out there.
Old 9/29/14, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have seen this come up in numerous threads. Evey one is looking at the shifter or the way it mounts. I can not wait till the 2015's get here so I can test drive one. Ford re deigned the shift linkage rod and that is suppose to be the real issue not the way it mounts so we will see.

I am also wanting to know why some people have really bad wheel hop but others do not. I personally don't. I have the track pack if that makes a difference.
Old 9/29/14, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I have seen this come up in numerous threads. Evey one is looking at the shifter or the way it mounts. I can not wait till the 2015's get here so I can test drive one. Ford re deigned the shift linkage rod and that is suppose to be the real issue not the way it mounts so we will see. I am also wanting to know why some people have really bad wheel hop but others do not. I personally don't. I have the track pack if that makes a difference.
Have you given it hell yet? Before I did my suspension, I actually had traction in first, but once I shifted to second it was HOP HOP HOP HOP, let off, traction, GO. I haven't done my LCAs yet, but it has been much better with the Steeda/Koni combo, with a J&M adjustable PHB. My LCAs are J&M too, but I wanted to see if they'd be necessary. I think I'm going to do Relo brackets at the same time, as the angle on the LCAs is now about 15* up, whereas they should be level with the ground.

Still, no more wheel hop for me. At least on the street. I haven't tracked or dragged my car, and don't really have a plan to. But, the Pirellis have to go. I spin through first and second on the street, even with all the "aids" on.
Old 9/29/14, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I have seen this come up in numerous threads. Evey one is looking at the shifter or the way it mounts. I can not wait till the 2015's get here so I can test drive one. Ford re deigned the shift linkage rod and that is suppose to be the real issue not the way it mounts so we will see.

I am also wanting to know why some people have really bad wheel hop but others do not. I personally don't. I have the track pack if that makes a difference.
Mine has the RTR package. Ford racing shocks, struts, and springs with about a 1.25" drop. Also the 19" X 9.5" RTR wheels. I actually have to put some effort in to break them loose. The grip on the Falken tires is pretty incredible. I get a little wheel hop if im spinning through a turn, but not too bad otherwise. May do lcas/panhard bar soon to try and completely eliminate it. From what I've seen with mine compared to a few of my buddies, Wheels/ tires can make a big difference.