Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm So Getting Rid of This Piece of ****

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/16, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm So Getting Rid of This Piece of ****

So in the last 10 thousand miles my car has blown the pinion seal, the AC system **** the bed and had to be completely replaced and now the water pump just died. The car has 42 thousand miles on it. This is not what I call a quality product. This POS is getting traded as soon as I get it back from the shop. Never again.
Old 9/23/16, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your next purchase.
The following users liked this post:
3point7 (9/23/16)
Old 9/23/16, 08:13 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Yup, good luck . . . Mines 12 years old without a hiccup . .
Old 9/23/16, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I could almost see it if I had been hard on this car or not done the maintenance as scheduled but I have taken exceptionally good care of this car. Oil changes and tire rotations done every 5k like clockwork. Engine air filter every 10K. Transmission fluid was changed out at 30K. Rear axle lubricant was changed out just last week even though its supposedly good for well over 100K. The car doesn't get driven hard or pushed to its limits. It gets babied most of the time. It is garage kept and regularly washed. Despite all of that it's having failure after failure and I'm just done with it. Before this I made the mistake of buying a 2012 Focus with that craptastic dual clutch transmission and what a POS that thing was. Needless to say I won't be buying Ford again.
Old 9/23/16, 11:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the Focus to. Less than a year.
3point7 (9/23/16)
Old 9/24/16, 12:34 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
With the problems you have had I would feel exactly the same way, what would you look at to replace your Mustang? (not a loaded question, just curious).
Old 9/24/16, 12:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fawls
With the problems you have had I would feel exactly the same way, what would you look at to replace your Mustang? (not a loaded question, just curious).
I've actually thought about looking at the Canyon / Colorado trucks. No matter what I get I know I'm going to take a bath on it because of the negative equity on the Mustang but I'm just not going to keep a car that has another major issue every couple of months.
Old 9/24/16, 04:31 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Join a Forum on the next vehicle your interested in. I joined a Corvette Forum, I 'was' thinking a Vette would be my next car in a few more years. Not so sure now after reading the troubles some of the members are having.

My 11 V6 has been perfect, except for the power seats for the 6 years and 4 months I've had it . I only have 26,000 miles
Old 9/24/16, 04:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Join a Forum on the next vehicle your interested in. I joined a Corvette Forum, I 'was' thinking a Vette would be my next car in a few more years. Not so sure now after reading the troubles some of the members are having.

My 11 V6 has been perfect, except for the power seats for the 6 years and 4 months I've had it . I only have 26,000 miles

Don't worry David, it's coming for you too brother. Mine was flawless up to 30 thousand miles and then everything started falling apart.

PS I wouldn't mind a Corvette but I have had heard that the 911 is actually a very reliable car. What I need is a vehicle that I can count on to run with minimal problem and regular maintenance for about 300K miles and have a sports car as a weekend car. Any suggestions?

Last edited by 3point7; 9/24/16 at 05:01 AM.
Old 9/24/16, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I have worked around cars for the last 12 plus years of my life. My opinion... You want reliable go Japanese. You want Sporty/Fun go American Muscle. You can't have both. My family's daily drivers are Toyotas and the Stang is my toy. I know that is not in the cards for everyone... But my observation over a decade in the business.
Old 9/24/16, 09:58 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I continue to have luck with Ford. I have had one or two vehicles over every major American make and a Toyota. All of them have me more problems than the dozen fords I've had put together.

I've been lucky. So when you're lucky you just ride her till she bucks ya.
Old 9/24/16, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Every cheby and GM vehicle I've owned has been a piece of ****. Every single one. Both trucks had the transmission fall out of it between 36k and 40k miles, quite conveniently right after the warranty ran out mileage-wise. Two different trucks, two different transmissions, two very expensive lessons on what not to buy when looking for reliability in a truck.

On the other hand, I've driven Ford trucks both for work and as personal vehicles and they have been reliable and trustworthy throughout my usage of them. Both used and new, they've done their jobs without pissing themselves every other time I needed them. If GM was the only automaker on the planet, I'd be taking the bus and riding a bike. They're crap.
Old 9/24/16, 02:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I have worked around cars for the last 12 plus years of my life. My opinion... You want reliable go Japanese. You want Sporty/Fun go American Muscle. You can't have both. My family's daily drivers are Toyotas and the Stang is my toy. I know that is not in the cards for everyone... But my observation over a decade in the business.
Amen, I got the Prius for work and stang for fun :-) :-)
FromZto5 (9/26/16)
Old 9/24/16, 03:53 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I counter this with reliablility from my American brand purchases. I am on my 4th Jeep. little Cherokee and 3 GC. The first three all make it over 130k, one made it to 170k and only with minor issues. Also had two Ford Expeditions. First over 80k on the 97, then pickup a 99. Had the 99 for 13 years and 98k. Absolutely 0 issues. 89 Cougar, well over 100k. I have seen some of those reliable Toyota hanging by a thread at 60-80k. I would much rather drive my Jeeps and Fords.
Old 9/24/16, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Statistically I think you're all right.

Major manufacturers make 100's of thousands of vehicles per year. Most of us have 2 or 3 or 4 that we've had exposure to. The ones that break all the time typically are less than 0.01% of that.

Manufacturers measure issues in IPTV or incidents per 1000 vehicles. Less than 25 is good. Some measure in PPM or parts per million, some in FIT or Failure in Time as in probability of failure per hour of operation. So statistically you are bound to have a vehicle which delivers 100,000 miles + with just 1 or 2 issues.

And let's be honest. There are 4 dozen or so major Tier 1s. Everyone uses the same suppliers, the failure rates of major OEMs are not that different anymore.

Sure, there are still lemons out there. The statistical outlier that gets a few of the parts outside of 6 Sigma (or 5). But each of the major foreign or domestic OEMs has roughly the same chance of this happening.

Brand is not synonymous with reliability anymore.

So this whole argument of Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota is preposterous to me. Statistically they are very close to being the same. Sure, one brand might have 6 PPM advantage over another. But what is 6/1,000,000? That is the chance that your vehicle is affected.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 9/24/16 at 08:03 PM.
Old 9/24/16, 10:05 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
So in the last 10 thousand miles my car has blown the pinion seal, the AC system **** the bed and had to be completely replaced and now the water pump just died. The car has 42 thousand miles on it. This is not what I call a quality product. This POS is getting traded as soon as I get it back from the shop. Never again.

Are you sure you didn't get a chinese replica? Someone in a trenchcoat sell it to you?

seriously though, that is a run of bad luck there. sorry to hear of your pain.
Old 9/24/16, 11:48 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
I had a love and hate relationship with my 13 gt when i bought it new. The first two year of owning few things went bad

- Front lower control arms groaning/squawking over bumps
- Engine tick ( stopped when i switched over to pennzoil instead of mobil 1)
- auto trans 5-6 flare
- rear pinion leak x2
- driver rear caliper malfunctioned
- .75" rear axle offset from factory threw off thrust angle, i had to get a adjustable panhard bar to center it.
-rear axle breather leak
-oem battery died alittle over 1 year
-hood paint bubble
-fender paint bubble

Im almost fourth year in owning it and so far since last year has been problem free. Its a fun car when its working without issues. I been dying to get a supercharger but afraid new problem will arise if do so and gives me more headache down the road. This is my first mustang and probably will be my last for some time until ford step up with the quality control. Do not get me wrong, i love my car heck i have threw couple grand into modding the car and will probably be driving the car till the wheel fall off.

Last edited by Winkawak; 9/24/16 at 11:55 PM.
Old 9/25/16, 12:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Basically with Ford you roll the dice every time. Sometimes you get a good car that works and has no issues, other times you get a lemon. You never know. Ford does not make quality products, they make mass produced, affordable and for the most part economical vehicles. Hate to say this but when you a buy a base model v6 mustang, which is basically a 20k car there is not much you can expect, especially since its Ford. Granted, a Volkswagen golf for the same price is a much higher quality vehicle.
Old 9/25/16, 09:09 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Are you sure you didn't get a chinese replica? Someone in a trenchcoat sell it to you?
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Basically with Ford you roll the dice every time. Sometimes you get a good car that works and has no issues, other times you get a lemon. You never know. Ford does not make quality products, they make mass produced, affordable and for the most part economical vehicles. Hate to say this but when you a buy a base model v6 mustang, which is basically a 20k car there is not much you can expect, especially since its Ford. Granted, a Volkswagen golf for the same price is a much higher quality vehicle.
UNTIL,............said Volkswagen breaks down and you pay an arm and leg for parts/to repair it!

Last edited by Stage_3; 9/25/16 at 09:11 AM.
Old 9/25/16, 01:33 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

UNTIL,............said Volkswagen breaks down and you pay an arm and leg for parts/to repair it!
This been there and never again.

Quick Reply: I'm So Getting Rid of This Piece of ****