Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

HP possible from bolt ons on 11 GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/10, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP possible from bolt ons on 11 GT

Just doing some math from different forums, different posts, different companies..

It's looking 450 - 480 rwhp is going to be achievable with a few bolt on's and will probably cost about $2500 in parts.

Just using the following parts for example purposes because they have posted numbers with supporting dyno sheets recently.

ARH Headers and X pipe... 32 hp
Steeda CAI w/ tune... 44 hp
SCT tune on stock... 28 hp

Now it's hard to really say because the CAI has a little bit of tune in it, so it might be gaining some from the 28 hp listed from SCT

Lets say a 11 GT dyno's stock at 370 hp and you get the mods listed above, that will probably give you anywhere from 75-100 hp total (hard to say cause of the tune issue)!

I've seen many cobras with a few mods dyno at the same numbers. This is going to be an awesome car
Old 6/11/10, 01:42 PM
GT Member

You're not going to gain 100 RWHP from bolt-ons. 50-60 RWHP seems a lot more reasonable with real-world cars and real-world owners. That is still quite respectable, and inline with the kind of gains one might expect with its main competitor - the LS3. Many of those owners wishfully claimed the 5.0 was likely "maxed out" from the factory.

Also note that Steeda's CAI/Tune increases include the switch from 87 octane to 93 octane gas.
Old 6/11/10, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
You're not going to gain 100 RWHP from bolt-ons. 50-60 RWHP seems a lot more reasonable with real-world cars and real-world owners. That is still quite respectable, and inline with the kind of gains one might expect with its main competitor - the LS3. Many of those owners wishfully claimed the 5.0 was likely "maxed out" from the factory.

Also note that Steeda's CAI/Tune increases include the switch from 87 octane to 93 octane gas.
I'm just adding the numbers that have been posted by people modding these cars already, but we won't know the real numbers until someone does all the mods together, which I'm sure will happen pretty soon.
Old 6/11/10, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You ever here the saying " Don't believe the Hype"!
These claims are no different than the 4.6 mods. Im sure you will see 20-25 rwhp gains from a tune and CAI.
Steeda said their tune and intake with the elbow gained 38 rwhp on the 4.6. Show me one person who actually gained that?
Old 6/11/10, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
You ever here the saying " Don't believe the Hype"!
These claims are no different than the 4.6 mods. Im sure you will see 20-25 rwhp gains from a tune and CAI.
Steeda said their tune and intake with the elbow gained 38 rwhp on the 4.6. Show me one person who actually gained that?
It's kind of like the testing JJ did with the MMR CAI. We won't really know numbers until someone gets one in their hands and starts testing.
Old 6/11/10, 02:26 PM
GT Member

Time will tell. I guess I have two points that I'm trying to make:

1) Wait and see what owners report on their gains from the various products that they buy.

2) Don't add up reported gains from this mod and that mod and expect to actually see that. Half is probably a better guestimate that will keep you from being disappointed.

Regardless...the new 5.0 is one stout piece, that appears to respond very well to "bolt-on" mods and a tune. Good news for those of us that are fans.
Old 6/11/10, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
Time will tell. I guess I have two points that I'm trying to make:

1) Wait and see what owners report on their gains from the various products that they buy.

2) Don't add up reported gains from this mod and that mod and expect to actually see that. Half is probably a better guestimate that will keep you from being disappointed.

Regardless...the new 5.0 is one stout piece, that appears to respond very well to "bolt-on" mods and a tune. Good news for those of us that are fans.
It's fun to speculate and not read a post about why our cars aren't here or why we're banging out heads against the same wall over and over. It's fun to see what manufacturers report vs. what real life testing comes up. Was just hoping to get some people who have maybe already added mods to their 11's
Old 6/11/10, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

ricer math never works. you cant add all of the individual gains and expect thats what youll make.

we have a pretty good idea where the max is going to be.

411 rwhp from longtubes and catted X pipe. another 5 from mufflers

416rwhp

maybe 5 from CAI

421rwhp

tune? another 10 tops

solid driveshaft, light weight flywheel, pullies.

435-440

i mean the average car will make 425-435rwhp with full bolt ons IMO. freaks making 440rwhp.

some combo are gonna lose power over the "perfect" combo, so just adding numbers doesnt work.

if you get 440rwhp consider yourself the tops.
Old 6/11/10, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by csledd
Just doing some math from different forums, different posts, different companies..

It's looking 450 - 480 rwhp is going to be achievable with a few bolt on's and will probably cost about $2500 in parts.

Just using the following parts for example purposes because they have posted numbers with supporting dyno sheets recently.

Now it's hard to really say because the CAI has a little bit of tune in it, so it might be gaining some from the 28 hp listed from SCT

Lets say a 11 GT dyno's stock at 370 hp and you get the mods listed above, that will probably give you anywhere from 75-100 hp total (hard to say cause of the tune issue)!

I've seen many cobras with a few mods dyno at the same numbers. This is going to be an awesome car

I learned this long ago, never add HP numbers from different mods and expect the sum to be what you will gain. It just doesn't work like that. Three mods may gain 30 HP, 25 HP, and 42 HP each, but it won't add up to 97 if you put them all on the car and dyno before/after.

Back on topic, if this 5.0 is shown to gain similar power to the4.6 3v from modifications, I think it could possibly reach 465-470rwhp with full bolt on's, full exhaust, aggressive cams, and high flowing heads. I imagine we'll have to wait a few months if not more to see the full N/A potential of this car though.

Who knows what's possible with a stroker(if there's a way to make enough clearance for one)....

Last edited by mustangfan123; 6/11/10 at 05:52 PM.
Old 6/11/10, 06:17 PM
GT Member

Cams add a whole new dimension to the game. However, they are not typically thought of as 'bolt-ons'.
Old 6/11/10, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Dont figure that much but with full exhaust, CAI and tune you should see 400-420 RWHP which is still very very nice. Torque numbers are what I am looking for though. hopefully we can get those up around 390+ with those mods.
Old 6/11/10, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by assasinator
ricer math never works.
Old 6/11/10, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd be happy with 400rwhp myself.
Old 6/12/10, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by super6stang
I'd be happy with 400rwhp myself.

400rwhp is going to be cheap and easy.
Old 6/12/10, 07:17 AM
Cobra R Member

I'm looking forward to the Ford Racing S/C numbers... hoping for close to 500rwhp.
Old 6/12/10, 09:38 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the ford racing 550hp(05-09) whipple was doing about 470ish whp. So I do not think it to much of a leap.
Old 6/12/10, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
the ford racing 550hp(05-09) whipple was doing about 470ish whp. So I do not think it to much of a leap.
but with just NA bolt ons?
Old 6/12/10, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with the comment that that's ricer math. Also the Cobra's you speak of are supercharged... so with a different pulley, tune, and bolt on's it will net a ton more power with their blowers. Don't expect the same result from a naturally aspirated motor. You will get nowhere near 100hp with an intake, tune, and full exhaust. It's not as simple as just adding numbers.

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 6/12/10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 05:08 PM
V6 Member

I'm just adding the numbers that have been posted by people modding these cars already, but we won't know the real numbers until someone does all the mods together, which I'm sure will happen pretty soon.
All those mods individual hp gains are by themselves. Different mods peak hp gains happen at different rpm's (and i gaurantee you most parts hp gains are advertised solely at their peak gain point, not lowest gain point). When all the pieces are together, you will experience gains, but you cannot simply add the peak gains together - you will NEVER see that kind of cumulative gain! If you add the peak gains and arrive at 75hp, it will probably translate into around 50 peak hp at the peak point on the rpm curve. However, all those mods together will make nice gains throughout the entire rpm band most likely. It will be a wait and see thing. Once vendors have power packages available, we will see the real numbers.

Last edited by StuckInNYForever; 6/13/10 at 05:09 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 11:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
400rwhp is going to be cheap and easy.
I promised myself that I won't go too deep into this car, already got my eye on the 50th anniversay models.

Quick Reply: HP possible from bolt ons on 11 GT