Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2010-2014 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2010-2014 Mustang News of the Current Generation Mustang
Sponsored By: CARiD

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 2/21/12, 10:19 PM   #1

Gt cutoffs on 2011 v6

Ey guys I was wondering if anyone had done something like this before? I have some 2009 gt cutoff mufflers that I was considering swapping out for my stock v6 ones I have a 2011 v6 will it make the exhaust sound louder? Does increase in hp or mpg? Any info would be great thanks!!
nicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/22/12, 7:17 AM   #2
Temporary Vacation

Sebastian

'05 Torch Red V6
It'll probably make it a little deeper, but not really much louder. Not really a difference in HP or MPG either. It's just for sound.
stupidgenius36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/22/12, 7:18 AM   #3
Bullitt Member

Jason

2013 GT - TP
Garage
Anything can be made to work, but what you are asking might not be very simple. The Axle-back exhaust interface changed after 2011 on both the V6 and GT. After the 2011 MY they all use a ball & socket type interface between the after-cat pipes and the axle-back. If you wanted to use a stock 2005-2010 GT setup on your 2011 V6 setup, you will have to modify the ends of the cat-back pipes to accept a slip-on coupler like the earlier models used. LIke I said, it can be done, you will just pay the muffler shop a bit more for "custom" modifications to make it work for you.
As far as sound/performance/mpg's... I really cannot tell you because as far as I have seen, there are not many people doing this. It will sound different, that is for sure.
I am currently using a set of 2010 GT take-off axle backs on my 2010 V6 which I converted to dual exhaust. IMHO it sounds great (for a 4.0)
Old 2/22/12, 7:18 AM