Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Getting ready to pull the trigger for a supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/15, 06:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Procharger i-1 with the touchscreen controller.
David, that's a KILLER set up. I remember watching the video on it last year. Pretty impressive. When are you expecting yours?
Old 7/1/15, 06:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
A Pillar pod are in with mounted shift light!!!
Very nice!
Old 7/1/15, 06:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
David, that's a KILLER set up. I remember watching the video on it last year. Pretty impressive. When are you expecting yours?
I hope it is here in another week or so. A few days after I ordered it, I was sent a form to list any mods to the car and they wanted the four digit code off the computer.
Old 7/1/15, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Very nice!

A pillar pod is by Speed of Sound and shift light is actually both shift/launch light by Raptor.
Old 7/1/15, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I hope it is here in another week or so. A few days after I ordered it, I was sent a form to list any mods to the car and they wanted the four digit code off the computer.

Just got notified my S/C arrived at the installers !!!
Old 7/1/15, 07:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Just got notified my S/C arrived at the installers !!!
Awesome! Now I'm jealous.
Old 7/6/15, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

100% methanol (M1) Ready

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Well...probably not on a stock short block (from what I understand). Isn't 600rwhp generally considered to be the max for the Coyote's stock bottom end?

Are you also replacing the oil pump gears?

Nevertheless, having that kind of head room in the blower sounds like a great thing if it means that you can build the motor down the road and have the option to put out 150 more hp on the same hardware.

Please keep us posted!!
We got 5 gal of Methanol (M1) ready for the kit !!!! Car get dropped of this Sat !!!
Attached Thumbnails Getting ready to pull the trigger for a supercharger install-0706151507.jpg  
Old 7/6/15, 02:43 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

We got 5 gal of Methanol (M1) ready for the kit !!!! Car get dropped of this Sat !!!
Nice!
So, what octane will you be running, in case I missed it in a previous post, I apologize. Car is going to be BEAST!
Old 7/6/15, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice!
So, what octane will you be running, in case I missed it in a previous post, I apologize. Car is going to be BEAST!
Nothing outrages, just 93 octane at about 10lb of boost.
Old 7/8/15, 05:39 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I am Getting ready to pull the trigger for installing a 2.7 Roush Phase 3 supercharger at the Ford dealership, but they refuse to install my methanol injection with the supercharger.... Any thoughts and opinions ?
Are you sure it's a 2.7 Phase 3 upgrade? Only reason I ask is, the 2.7 is the newest supercharger from Ford/Roush and it redesigned. Wasn't sure they had a Phase 2 or 3 out yet? I know of the Phase 1 for the 2.7. Just curious. Thanks and good luck! Should be beastly.

According to the dealership there is a new 2.7 version. I thought 2.3 also, but he showed me a catalog that had a new 2.7 Roush blower.
That is true. The new Roush Stage 3 cars have the 2.7 supercharger which have changes to the interior of the supercharger and the elbow.
Old 7/11/15, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Well...probably not on a stock short block (from what I understand). Isn't 600rwhp generally considered to be the max for the Coyote's stock bottom end?

Nevertheless, having that kind of head room in the blower sounds like a great thing if it means that you can build the motor down the road and have the option to put out 150 more hp on the same hardware.

Please keep us posted!!
We finally got the car at the Mustang Magic to install the supercharger and Methanol injection.
Old 7/11/15, 10:58 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

We finally got the car at the Mustang Magic to install the supercharger and Methanol injection.
AWESOME!
Gonna be beast!
Old 7/27/15, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Please keep us posted!!

For those of you keeping tabs on this thread. The car is still at the installers being that they have run into a few kinks...(parts missing in the kit) !!!!!!!!! Two day into the install they find out one of the parts missing is the Throttle body !!! How Wipple forgets a throttle body is beyond me !!! In any case, they were good on sending all the missing parts two day with FedEx. Once the parts came in, they continued with the install, only to find out, when their almost done, one more part was missing... a fitting that clips on to the EVAP hose. Now that's where we are at right now, waiting for one last part. Soon we will get it on the dyno and get some numbers !!!! The car has been there a little over two weeks. But no worries because I has other things done to it while waiting for all the parts. I wont mention it now. I will just post the pics when it's finally done. The car will not look the same !!!!! Cant wait !!!
Old 7/27/15, 11:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
For those of you keeping tabs on this thread. The car is still at the installers being that they have run into a few kinks...(parts missing in the kit) !!!!!!!!! Two day into the install they find out one of the parts missing is the Throttle body !!! How Wipple forgets a throttle body is beyond me !!! In any case, they were good on sending all the missing parts two day with FedEx. Once the parts came in, they continued with the install, only to find out, when their almost done, one more part was missing... a fitting that clips on to the EVAP hose. Now that's where we are at right now, waiting for one last part. Soon we will get it on the dyno and get some numbers !!!! The car has been there a little over two weeks. But no worries because I has other things done to it while waiting for all the parts. I wont mention it now. I will just post the pics when it's finally done. The car will not look the same !!!!! Cant wait !!!

ohhhh i'm giddy with excitement! Can't wait
Old 8/12/15, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

ALMOST THERE !!!!

Please keep us posted!!
Ran into another hiccup !!! Everything was installed Meth, Supercharger ect.... only to find out the BAP pump that goes in the bumper was the wrong pump for my car !!!!! They realized that when the bumper would not go on because the pump was for a 2013-14 Mustang, not for my 2012. We called Wipple again !!!!! They said they would Next day the correct pump !!!!!! Hopefully we get it today . And The Saga continues !!!!!!!!
Old 8/12/15, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Update !!!

Ran into another hiccup !!! Everything was installed Meth, Supercharger ect.... only to find out the BAP pump that goes in the bumper was the wrong pump for my car !!!!! They realized that when the bumper would not go on because the pump was for a 2013-14 Mustang, not for my 2012. We called Wipple again !!!!! They said they would Next day the correct pump !!!!!! Hopefully we get it today . And The Saga continues !!!!!!!!

Ok called the installer today to see if the BAP pump came in, to find out that it has been in, and they tried to put the bumper back on, only to find out that the lower fascia C/S fog light have to come out so the bumper can fit back in. So no problem, FOG LIGHTS OUT. !!!! But that was not the only issue. Wipple does not have a tune if any aftermarket exhaust.. headers.. High flow cats....axel backs that were installed in my car. So now we need a custom tune !!! Ok, no biggie ...... But now we go to the can tune to install the base tune before we custom tune. Guess what !!!!! THERE'S NO BASE TUNE IN THE TUNER !!!!!!! Now we call Wipple and wait for them to email the base tune !!!! And the Saga continues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/12/15, 08:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Sorry to hear you're experiencing delays. You'll love it once it is all sorted out. Mine has been up and running for almost 2 weeks and over 600 miles.
Old 8/13/15, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Almost there !!!!

Ok called the installer today to see if the BAP pump came in, to find out that it has been in, and they tried to put the bumper back on, only to find out that the lower fascia C/S fog light have to come out so the bumper can fit back in. So no problem, FOG LIGHTS OUT. !!!! But that was not the only issue. Wipple does not have a tune if any aftermarket exhaust.. headers.. High flow cats....axel backs that were installed in my car. So now we need a custom tune !!! Ok, no biggie ...... But now we go to the can tune to install the base tune before we custom tune. Guess what !!!!! THERE'S NO BASE TUNE IN THE TUNER !!!!!!! Now we call Wipple and wait for them to email the base tune !!!! And the Saga continues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Base tune is in and were on the Dyno for the custom tune !!!!! If all goes well we'll pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Let's keep our fingers crossed !!!
Old 8/13/15, 06:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Wow,.....one thing after another.
Good luck!
Old 8/13/15, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow,.....one thing after another.
Good luck!

Yup !!! Not common for Wipple !!!