2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Getting ready to pull the trigger for a supercharger install

Old 9/24/16, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I assume you both are running long tube headers?
I think KOOKS are like the only long tube header that passes emissions with zero problems. I think ARH does pretty good too. (If I ever do headers on my next build, it would be Kooks. That's "if" I even do long tubes. The stock manifolds work great and don't take away from the boost. I'm willing to sacrifice the sound for more boost. Plus, I'd go with an x pipe to help sound a bit. lol)
Maybe it's the tune that cannot make them pass? Good luck guys and let us know how it goes.
Negative, I am still on factory headers, cats, etc..., just boss side pipes and roush axlebacks.
Old 9/24/16, 09:06 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by imeyers302
Negative, I am still on factory headers, cats, etc..., just boss side pipes and roush axlebacks.
Then that's not right. Your tuner should be able to make a tune to pass emissions from the start.
Old 9/24/16, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am running SLP 1 1/2 inch primary long tube ceramic coated headers with high flow cats and X-pipe.

Last edited by STUKUP2112; 9/24/16 at 09:32 AM.
Old 9/24/16, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Then that's not right. Your tuner should be able to make a tune to pass emissions from the start.
The problem was I did not want to keep driving without the supercharger anymore and did not do enough miles before install to reset monitors. There should not be a problem but I won't know till after I drive it some more. Tuner said same thing, with factory headers and cats there should not be a problem. Want to go to high flow kooks with the kooks boss h pipe to keep my side exhaust but not sure it's worth the hassle if there are problems with inspection.
Old 9/24/16, 12:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
^^THIS!
If you have a good tuner,...you should have no problems passing emissions.

The problem was I did not want to keep driving without the supercharger anymore and did not do enough miles before install to reset monitors. There should not be a problem but I won't know till after I drive it some more. Tuner said same thing, with factory headers and cats there should not be a problem. Want to go to high flow kooks with the kooks boss h pipe to keep my side exhaust but not sure it's worth the hassle if there are problems with inspection.
I don't understand what's going on here?
You need to drive more miles? Why? That isn't going to change the tune. I'm thinking your tuning is off and they, the tuners, just don't know how or what to fix. That's what it sounds like to me. Good luck!
Old 9/24/16, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

^^THIS!
If you have a good tuner,...you should have no problems passing emissions.

I don't understand what's going on here?
You need to drive more miles? Why? That isn't going to change the tune. I'm thinking your tuning is off and they, the tuners, just don't know how or what to fix. That's what it sounds like to me. Good luck!
As I said in my original post. I changed back to stock then back to my steeda tune before going for an inspection. It failed because I did not drive enough miles before going in after the reset. I drove about 250miles and there were still 2 monitors not set. I decided instead of doing more driving on that tune to just install my procharger and lund tune. Now that it is fully tuned I have only driven it 90 miles and it needs to be driven more to reset the monitors. Even if you dont have any issues it can take 200+ miles depending on where and hiw you drive it before they reset. Even lund said there won't be a problem, I just have to put some miles on it for it to reset. I won't even know if there's a problem until I drive it more.

Last edited by imeyers302; 9/24/16 at 01:07 PM.
Old 9/24/16, 01:32 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
You know this is my setup, right? Best quality ever, with no issues. A good tuner and tune is key.
Old 9/24/16, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
You know this is my setup, right? Best quality ever, with no issues. A good tuner and tune is key.
The Procharger? Yeah, zero issues, kit is very high quality. Lunds tune is spot on. Drives flawlessly.
Old 9/24/16, 03:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
The Procharger? Yeah, zero issues, kit is very high quality. Lunds tune is spot on. Drives flawlessly.
No, sorry. I meant all the kooks stuff you mentioned . I've got that all, except the kooks side pipes too, not the boss.
Old 9/24/16, 04:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

As I said in my original post. I changed back to stock then back to my steeda tune before going for an inspection. It failed because I did not drive enough miles before going in after the reset.
Why didn't you just leave the stock tune before going into the inspection? I'm sure that would have passed easily being a stock tune, right? I'm not being facetious here, for the record.
Old 9/24/16, 04:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

As I said in my original post. I changed back to stock then back to my steeda tune before going for an inspection. It failed because I did not drive enough miles before going in after the reset.
Why didn't you just leave the stock tune before going into the inspection? I'm sure that would have passed easily being a stock tune, right? I'm not being facetious here, for the record.
And yes, Lund is a great tuner!
Old 9/24/16, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

And yes, Lund is a great tuner!
My car has a Boss manifold and had a steeda cai and Steeda tune before I put the procharger in it. It would have passed but I did not even think about the inspection when I flashed to stock and back to steeda tune in order to update my x3 so it would be ready when the procharger came in. My sct x3 tuner had older software that needed to be updated otherwise I could not datalog with the laptop.
Old 3/12/17, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I KNOW IT'S BEEN A WHILE, but we finally figured out the problem why my car would not pass inspection since my O2 and cat monitors would not turn on !!!!
Initially we thought a tuning issue, so we put back on the dyno to make adjustment to see if that was the problem, but no cure !!!! Also after every pull we were losing a lot of power !!!! Now were talking like 400 rwhp then 300 rwhp and that should not be after initially doing 717 rwhp !!!! We were totally baffled !!!
Anyway, on the last pull, they heard a big BANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "OH NO DID WE BLOW THE ENGINE !!!!!" The engine was running F**ked up !!! The checked all the cylinders and everything was lighting up, so it was not the engine. The car was put up on the lift to check the exhaust and followed it down to the mufflers, only to find on the right one after shaking it, they heard moving metal inside it. Investigating the muffler they found a solid fist size ball of metal inside my right Borla muffler !!!!!!
Needless to say, what had happened my high-flow cats insides melted solid and was eventually preventing any exhaust from flowing on one side, finally dislodged from the cats, shot through my pipes and ended up inside my muffler. The other cat was partially melted, with very little flow, which explains the engine running badly after the right-side cats inside dislodging, because one side was clear and the other was partially blocked.
Finally, after replacing my mufflers, gutting out my cats and turning them off in the tune, then driving it around several miles, the O2 monitors turned on and the cats were showing not supported !!!! Ultimately, it was good enough to pass !!!!!!!
NOW WERE GOOD TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/13/17, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
Finally, after replacing my mufflers, gutting out my cats and turning them off in the tune, then driving it around several miles, the O2 monitors turned on and the cats were showing not supported !!!! Ultimately, it was good enough to pass !!!!!!!
NOW WERE GOOD TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This combination should throw codes ?
N.Y. will pass a car even though all systems are not enabled....................WOW, are you lucky !!
Old 3/13/17, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
AWESOME. I'm jelous.
The following users liked this post:
STUKUP2112 (3/14/17)
Old 3/14/17, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
This combination should throw codes ?
N.Y. will pass a car even though all systems are not enabled....................WOW, are you lucky !!

Thank god !!!! No Codes !!!! I'll take the luck !!!!