Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Garage Door Opener in Visor.

Old 2/28/15, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I looked into it, I have an old liftmaster with a mutli code remote. All I had to do was the the remote part of the instructions, where you hold them next to eachother and press the button. I have no learn button on my lift.
Old 2/28/15, 09:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by captain slow
So I looked into it, I have an old liftmaster with a mutli code remote. All I had to do was the the remote part of the instructions, where you hold them next to eachother and press the button. I have no learn button on my lift.
please explain
Old 3/1/15, 07:36 PM

Don't know how to explain it further. All I did was the first half of the instructions with the remote. My lift doesn't have a learn button so I couldn't do those. It works perfectly, just doesn't have as long of a range as the actual remote.
Old 3/2/15, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally got mine to work. I took some photos and updated the original post with what I had to do with my Wayne Dalton to get it to work with my 2014 'stang.
Old 3/4/15, 11:23 AM

Your update is exactly what the owners manual states....
Old 3/4/15, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, it does but it was a little confusing if you have never done it before. Since I was having trouble and finally figured it out, I thought a visual explanation would help others.
Old 3/25/15, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
guys if ur garage door opener is older than 4 years u need a module to hook up to ur main unit, the company that makes these for ford is called car2u

Universal Garage Door Opener: Car2U for Rolling Code Transmitter│Ford How-To Video - YouTube

I have an older Craftsman unit that is about about 11 years old and is rolling code. I could never get it to work following the steps in the manual after many, many attempts. I gave up even though it always bugged me not to use the visor controls. Found this thread, followed the steps in this video and worked perfectly first time in less than 30 seconds. After owning the car for 2 years I can finally use the visor controls.
Written instructions can also be found at:
http://www.learcar2u.com/rolling-gar...e-instructions
Old 9/12/15, 12:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
Glad yours worked but mine didn't and others haven't as well. I followed the directions verbatim. Not the kind of product I like to deal with. To your response about a GM product, at least it worked as advertised.
Yeah, "worked as advertised" after leaving about $30B of collateral damage in its wake. For that kind of money, it ought to whiten your teeth and freshen your breath too.

It's a shame you apparently compelled to subsidize failure - with every vehicle GM produces being at the expense of a legitimate car maker that's limited by the burden of developing only what its own resources will afford.

Back to HomeLink.

It's not just a binary proposition that if you have a HomeLink opener, things necessarily will work out of the box. Variances ALSO may be attributable to the kind of remote being used to train a vehicle's HomeLink buttons, many of which have been modified over time within the HomeLink-compatible specification.

For example, within the past two months, I've programmed buttons in two newly-purchased Ford vehicles (one a 2014 model year and the other a 2015) which required pairing only the remote to the visor buttons. The visor buttons immediately became functional and operated the devices (in this case, a gate, overhead opener and a jackscrew type).

I programmed the third vehicle (another 2015) Ford from a different handheld unit which controls a different set of doors of the same opener type(s). This vehicle required pressing each device's "Learn" button to recognize the new vehicle's buttons.

Is this Ford's "fault"? No. When I went to the actual owner's manual and followed the printed instructions, it worked perfectly. What threw me off was the that a different type of LiftMaster remote was able to program my other cars' HomeLink buttons in a one-step process - which I took upon myself to presume that it always would be possible.

For as many different variations of openers, remotes and ever-changing "standards" implemented over the years, the fact that ANY of these devices work are able to work even with a considerable amount of effort is remarkable.
Old 9/12/15, 02:11 AM

My Mustang does not have the visor with the buttons for the garage door opener. I was thinking of buying the visor with the buttons because I just don't like clipping things to my visors.

But maybe I should re-think this...similar to the Sync update. Just can't seem to get it to work.
Old 9/12/15, 07:07 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by hctr154
My Mustang does not have the visor with the buttons for the garage door opener.

My garage door opener is on the left side of the steering column.
Attached Thumbnails Garage Door Opener in Visor.-009.jpg  
Old 9/14/15, 04:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I got mine working with my newer Craftsman opener but frequently have problems with it closing and opening the door for some reason (What can cause interference with a garage door opener). Most of the time, mine will work from the street about 1 house down from my house but other times I find myself fishing my old opener out of the center column as I sit in the driveway 10 ft from the opener and the sun visor buttons wont work. Sometimes I have to fold the visor down and press the button to get it to work... Any ideas (wireless wifi in my house or Bluetooth interfering?!?)?!?!
Old 9/17/15, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you have a problem with the garage door opening with your unit, look into the home link repeater. I have a liftmaster, so I would use
this this

I never purchased it since the price was higher than adding an additional remote.
Old 3/13/22, 06:00 PM

Thank you for this...it worked flawlessly.
Old 3/14/22, 01:02 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Welcome aboard and thank you for taking the time in searching the sub forums by selecting the search function menu over submitting a new thread
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (3/15/22)