Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Frustrated with Vendor...

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/14, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frustrated with Vendor...

Ordered a set of GT500 axle backs from American Muscle mid-day Friday, 12/19, with the advertised promise of "guaranteed 3 day delivery."

It is now Saturday, 12/27 and the delivery has yet to arrive, showing a UPS delivery date of Monday, 12/29. I'm in the Southeast, so it's not like it's going to Alaska.....

Thanks for nothing, AM.
Old 12/27/14, 12:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by RTR-5.0
Ordered a set of GT500 axle backs from American Muscle mid-day Friday, 12/19, with the advertised promise of "guaranteed 3 day delivery."

It is now Saturday, 12/27 and the delivery has yet to arrive, showing a UPS delivery date of Monday, 12/29. I'm in the Southeast, so it's not like it's going to Alaska.....

Thanks for nothing, AM.
UPS would show what day they shipped - is it AM or UPS?
Old 12/27/14, 12:55 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its always a bad idea to depend on shipping dates during the most busy time of year.
Old 12/27/14, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Agree. It took 8 days to get something I ordered 2 day priority. Everything was so backed up from the holidays. My tracking showed est delivery 6 days before I actually got it.

I would check to see when AM shipped it. It could be UPS's delay.
Old 12/27/14, 02:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts

Thanks for nothing, AM.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/shipping.html

Specifically, this bit:
Guaranteed 3 Day
Orders will be shipped via UPS 3 Day Select OR UPS Ground, depending on your location. Delivery is guaranteed within 3 business days after the ship date. (Saturdays and Sundays are not counted as business/working days) Shipping method is not guaranteed. Orders placed M-F before 4:00 PM Eastern Time will ship out the same day (except in cases where an item may be out of stock or order is pending verification)
The red bold italics are mine, for reasons given below.

So. The questions I have, given all the current evidence before me:

Did they have the item(s) in stock at the time of the order? If not, then there is your delay and you should have expected it.

Did they in fact do what they say, and get the order out before 4pm that day? Or did you in fact order it after 4pm (Eastern, mind.)

Without this information (and in picture form, mind, because accusations of this nature are libelous and/or slanderous, and one should have decent proof before riling up the natives) it is at best inconclusive as to whom disappointment should be laid upon, AM, UPS, or yourself for higher expectations than should reasonably be expected.

I will assume that the order was verified, but as stated, that may also delay the shipping. In which case... well, there it is.

If indeed you are verifiably shown to have ordered pre-4pm that day, and indeed they did have the item in stock at the time, and indeed they did not ship it that day, nor many days thereafter, then indeed, AM is absolutely worth my time and effort to sharpen my pitchfork and let them have it (metaphorically speaking.)

However, if indeed you are verifiably shown to have ordered pre-4pm that day, and indeed they DID NOT have the item in stock at the time, then the problem is you, sir, and you should not have expected the item so quickly.

Further, if indeed you are veifiably shown to have ordered pre-4pm that day, and indeed they did have the part in stock, and indeed they did ship it that day, but then UPS is the problem in that they have delayed your receipt of said parts, then it is NOT the fault of AM, but UPS, and you should retract your statement that AM is the source of your disappointment, and lay blame where it truly lies, UPS.

One other thing. If you did order the parts post 4pm Eastern, then there would be an automatic delay of two (2) days, for Saturday and Sunday do not count, and the parts would be shipped Monday. So your time of arrival at best from the order would not be 3 days, but 5 days. Arrival on, I believe, Wednesday 12-24 should have been expected. The day before Christmas. Very interesting timing you expect there, sir.

In any event, I an having a problem with laying the blame solely with AM, and would much like more information than is provided so I can determine where my pitchforks need to be pointed.

I thank you very much in advance, RTR, and look forward with unbridled anticipation at your verification of the facts in the case and answers of the questions above.

Should I expect that in 3 days, or...?

TL;DR: You should probably get with AM regarding your situation rather than just finger them as the issue, man. It may not be their fault, to which, I'd rather know that before I start a campaign for ya.

Last edited by houtex; 12/27/14 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12/27/14, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

When I read this post I keep hearing Elvis in the back of my mind "Return to Sender." Hope you get the product soon. I am still waiting for two items ordered in early December from two seperate vendors.

Last edited by poldrv; 12/27/14 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12/27/14, 04:58 PM
V6 Member

Not looking for a "pitchfork brigade", and drop the ridiculous allegations of libel and slander....just sharing a frustration. I emailed AM customer support on 12/26, but have not received a response.

Answers to questions:

"Did they have the item(s) in stock at the time of the order? If not, then there is your delay and you should have expected it."
Yes - the item was in stock.

"Did they in fact do what they say, and get the order out before 4pm that day? Or did you in fact order it after 4pm (Eastern, mind.)"
Order acknowledged at 3:05pm EST on 12/19 - pic attached. However, the shipment did not go out until Monday, 12/22.

"One other thing. If you did order the parts post 4pm Eastern, then there would be an automatic delay of two (2) days, for Saturday and Sunday do not count, and the parts would be shipped Monday. So your time of arrival at best from the order would not be 3 days, but 5 days. Arrival on, I believe, Wednesday 12-24 should have been expected. The day before Christmas. Very interesting timing you expect there, sir."

It's Christmas and companies are busy. Yeah, I get that. In that case, DON'T PROMISE 3 and 2 day deliveries. That's my problem.

[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails Frustrated with Vendor...-image.jpg  
Old 12/27/14, 05:43 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
its always a bad idea to depend on shipping dates during the most busy time of year.
You would think that would be common knowledge. But yet he has to make a hate thread about the vendor. duh!
Old 12/27/14, 05:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
You would think that would be common knowledge. But yet he has to make a hate thread about the vendor. duh!
The company ADVERTISED 3 day, and then 2 day, shipping for Christmas. That's my point.
Old 12/27/14, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
well, things happen, not surprised in this season

At least you're not dealing with USPS destroying your box, sending you just the top flap of said box, and then promising that they'll find the package at their "lost package center". Been about 10 weeks now and I've submitted my claim, but that's another who knows how long process.... first bad shipping experience I've had in quite some time, but what a pain! Glad it's track related parts that I didn't need anytime soon

Good luck.
Old 12/27/14, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude stop crying. It's not the end of the world.
Old 12/27/14, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
FWP
Old 12/27/14, 07:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Excellent work, RTR. I thank you very much.

Given your new information regarding the events, I believe now that *both* AM and UPS are to share in the derision of 'Thanks for nothing.'

So I will have two pitchforks at the ready for our marches. When do we get started? This must needs be addressed, my good sir, post haste.

But we might have to wait on the marchin' on account of my bum knee. So... maybe mid February?
Old 12/27/14, 08:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I have nothing to add because you guys pretty much covered it.
Old 12/28/14, 01:18 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I have nothing to add because you guys pretty much covered it.
Old 12/28/14, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nothing to do with the OP, but I saw a FedEx driver making a delivery in my neighborhood Christmas morning, around 10:00. Don't know if they always work on the 25th, but first I'd seen it... and I was impressed. And I expect whoever got the package was, too.
Old 12/28/14, 07:05 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Fwiw, GT500 axlebacks are worth the wait.
Old 12/28/14, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Fwiw, GT500 axlebacks are worth the wait.
Nah too quiet for my taste and I hope deleting my cats really wakes them up. I mainly posted to derail the op. Lol
Old 12/28/14, 10:31 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I also ordered something (floor mats so not a rush) with the expectation of before x-mas delivery (ordered 12-17, with a delivery expected before x-mas) - UPS shows 12-29 delivery.

I think AM promised one thing, then went the cheap delivery method... I don't care one way or another for my delivery but wanted to chime in as it sounds similar...
Old 12/29/14, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for nothing, AM.
RTR-This is absolutely ridiculous and I'm really sorry to see and hear about the delay. This is hands down the worst thing that could happen around the Holiday and I'd like to see what specifically occurred that prevented this from being delivered On time! Please shoot me a PM with your order number so I can take a look at what happened and reach out to my contact at UPS - I'm going to see to it that we have some of the cost of the exhaust put back in your pocket for the delay and inconvenience and I'm going to get you set up with a bunch of AM gear. Let me know and I'll have this fixed for you today!

Alex

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Vendor...