2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford racing gears void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/14, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford racing gears void warranty?

I have a 2014 v6 auto and the gear ratio 2.73 is ****... I'm looking to either change it to 3.53 or 3.73 but I have warranty still. If I buy ford racing gears and have it installed by a ford dealer, will it void my warranty?
Old 9/17/14, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well unless the gears you install weren't a factory option you would need an aftermarket tune to compensate. Otherwise if you want it done under warranty a gear change is going to be expensive at a dealer.
Old 9/17/14, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by JustaV6
I have a 2014 v6 auto and the gear ratio 2.73 is ****... I'm looking to either change it to 3.53 or 3.73 but I have warranty still. If I buy ford racing gears and have it installed by a ford dealer, will it void my warranty?
To answer your question, it would only affect any warranty if you had a problem with the differential. And, I believe for Ford Racing offers their own warranty on components like that one installed at a dealer.
Old 9/17/14, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kylerohde
To answer your question, it would only affect any warranty if you had a problem with the differential. And, I believe for Ford Racing offers their own warranty on components like that one installed at a dealer.

Kyler is absolutely correct but let me explain how this really works. If the dealership and Ford can find any little way to weasel out of covering anything under warranty they will. Count on it. If they can convince you to pay out of pocket and you don't put up a fight guess what, they'll do it. If they can convince you that the problem you are experiencing is "normal operation" and you should just go on home and quit bothering them, they'll do it.
Old 9/17/14, 09:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
Kyler is absolutely correct but let me explain how this really works. If the dealership and Ford can find any little way to weasel out of covering anything under warranty they will. Count on it. If they can convince you to pay out of pocket and you don't put up a fight guess what, they'll do it. If they can convince you that the problem you are experiencing is "normal operation" and you should just go on home and quit bothering them, they'll do it.

Ford pays the dealership to perform warranty work, therefor the dealership would love to cover a problem under warranty and get paid. If the dealership denies warranty coverage, it is only because they don't believe that Ford will reimburse them due the claim not being legitimate.
Old 9/17/14, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Ford pays the dealership to perform warranty work, therefor the dealership would love to cover a problem under warranty and get paid. If the dealership denies warranty coverage, it is only because they don't believe that Ford will reimburse them due the claim not being legitimate.
Unless said dealership figures they can get more money out of you than Ford would pay them. I've purchased 17 brand new cars in my life so trust me when I tell you that dealerships are crooked as a dogs hind leg.
Old 9/18/14, 01:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
Unless said dealership figures they can get more money out of you than Ford would pay them. I've purchased 17 brand new cars in my life so trust me when I tell you that "some" dealerships are crooked as a dogs hind leg.

Allow me to edit your response above: ..."some" dealerships are crooked...

I happen to work for a very well respected and reputable Ford dealership (15 years at the same store) and I get offended every time someone lumps all dealers into the bad column.

Keep in mind that there are customers that are crooked, as well. They'll screw up something on their car (modification, abuse, accident, etc.) and whine when Ford denies coverage for something that is obvioiusly beyond the scope of the warranty. Then they write nasty letters and/or post online hoping that if they say enough $#!+ about their experience that Ford will cave in to shut them up.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 9/18/14 at 01:13 PM.
Old 9/18/14, 01:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Allow me to edit your response above: ..."some" dealerships are crooked... I happen to work for a very well respected and reputable Ford dealership (15 years at the same store) and I get offended every time someone lumps all dealers into the bad column. Keep in mind that there are customers that are crooked, as well. They'll screw up something on their car (modification, abuse, accident, etc.) and whine when Ford denies coverage for something that is obvioiusly beyond the scope of the warranty. Then they write nasty letters and/or post online hoping that if they say enough $#!+ about their experience that Ford will cave in to shut them up.
Yeah but Brian, unfortunate you and Bowen Scarff are an anomaly in today's climate, not the norm...