Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14, 11:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
My mind is still blown to this day that Ford doesnt even paint the entire car.
Old 3/28/14, 11:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
My mind is still blown to this day that Ford doesnt even paint the entire car.
Money. First, there's the paint itself. Paint the whole thing, you've got to have enough paint. That means money. Secondly, if they paint each part before they weld it, they've got to grind the parts that will be welded. If they wait until afterward, then it will take more time to get the paint sprayers into the spots that are made tight and difficult to get to after assembly of the frame and body components.
Old 3/29/14, 02:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This guy has the best threads and reviews. I always click when i see his posts.
Totally agree! Burton is the man!
Old 3/29/14, 04:48 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
This guy has the best threads and reviews. I always click when i see his posts.
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yes he does. Very well written. Burton,...that is awesome. I told you Corsa was quality! I love the way the tips line up too. That's the way it should be. Car sounds awesome. Especially when she's getting angry!
Originally Posted by Thomas S
Totally agree! Burton is the man!
Guys, thanks a ton for the kind words. I not only love writing, but I love contributing to the TMS family. If it can help someone else out make a decision, then it was worth it. I enjoy doing it too, as you can probably deduce. Open and honest feedback is what I try to provide. Besides, it's mid year eval now for my employees, so I'm in a writing mood lol!
Old 3/29/14, 04:51 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by lime05
It sounds great. And they look spectacular. Fitment does look perfect. SS tips match great. I know you were contemplating on a different finish but man they are a home run. Congrats
Thanks sir! Indeed they do! When I came home from work yesterday I just walked around the whole car again, and walked really slow around those tips again, just so I can admire them . I've been so used to seeing those borla tips back there sticking out, now I see these shapely beauties, and I say under my breath "dang, those look really good..." Hopefully, if they clear the streets off today, I can take her out for a spin.

Installed them in January. A bit more involved than your install. Sorry for the crappy video. Been meaning to strap my go pro on the car and do a video. Video Link: http://youtu.be/koc9f7AMPyo
Sounds great narph!!! How would you rate the sound personally, out of 10? I forget that yours are sports and mine are extremes, so I wonder how different they are? Do the quad tips even come in extremes?

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 04:53 AM.
Old 3/29/14, 09:19 AM
I Have No Life

Weather is in the 50s today and sunny. After lunch I'll finally be able to take her out for a decent drive and pics.

Uploaded another vid... A simple one, just a close up of idle. I just think it's so cool how each exhaust has its own distinct tone. It's all in the design acoustics.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 09:22 AM.
Old 3/29/14, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Weather is in the 50s today and sunny. After lunch I'll finally be able to take her out for a decent drive and pics. Uploaded another vid... A simple one, just a close up of idle. I just think it's so cool how each exhaust has its own distinct tone. It's all in the design acoustics. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opkMaV39kI
I plan on washing both the vehicles when I leave work today. I'll have to swing by best buy and pick up a suction cup mount and get some footage of me hitting up through the RPM ranges.
Old 3/29/14, 10:35 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Close!
That is gorgeous!
Old 3/29/14, 12:00 PM
I Have No Life

Ok, went for a short cruise and stopping for sushi, so figured I'd post this short update.

My oh my. I love these babies. They really are the "grownup" version of the borlas. Cruising around town is noticeably quieter than the borlas. But the minute you step on it, even at 4k rpms they just roar to life. It's a Jekyll Hyde thing for sure. I turned so many heads in 20 minutes lol. I even got the attention of a couple pickup trucks and a ricer sentra that somehow sped up just be behind me. Hilarious.

I also took her on the highway, and this is where they truly shine and distance themselves from borla, IMO. Why? Cruising at 60mph is much much much much quieter than the borlas. Absolutely no drone at all. Corsa R&D holds true to their promise. It's just amazing. I didn't realize how different the borlas were. The borlas were mostly loud all the time, essentially. So cruising with the wifey to dinner somewhere will be so much better. But again, punch the throttle and the banshee comes out. I don't know how corsa does it, but wow, it sounds so good.

Remember that double sine wave analysis I talked about in my first post? That really sums it up. It's so much more versatile than the borlas. You can tailor it to how and when and what you feel like when you drive. The borla s is just on volume 8/10 all the time. Corsas can adjust from volume 3 to volume 10

I made a short video of the cruising at 60 to show how quiet it is. Then after lunch, I'll try to take some more vids when I actually get on it, from inside the car. Then I'm off to take some photos somewhere...brought my tripod and Nikon

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 04:04 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Ok, went for a short cruise and stopping for sushi, so figured I'd post this short update. My oh my. I love these babies. They really are the "grownup" version of the borlas. Cruising around town is noticeably quieter than the borlas. But the minute you step on it, even at 4k rpms they just roar to life. It's a Jekyll Hyde thing for sure. I turned so many heads in 20 minutes lol. I even got the attention of a couple pickup trucks and a ricer sentra that somehow sped up just be behind me. Hilarious. I also took her on the highway, and this is where they truly shine and distance themselves from borla, IMO. Why? Cruising at 60mph is much much much much quieter than the borlas. Absolutely no drone at all. Corsa R&D holds true to their promise. It's just amazing. I didn't realize how different the borlas were. The borlas were mostly loud all the time, essentially. So cruising with the wifey to dinner somewhere will be so much better. But again, punch the throttle and the banshee comes out. I don't know how corsa does it, but wow, it sounds so good. Remember that double sine wave analysis I talked about in my first post? That really sums it up. It's so much more versatile than the borlas. You can tailor it to how and when and what you feel like when you drive. The borla s is just on volume 8/10 all the time. Corsas can adjust from volume 3 to volume 10 I made a short video of the cruising at 60 to show how quiet it is. Then after lunch, I'll try to take some more vids when I actually get on it, from inside the car. Then I'm off to take some photos somewhere...brought my tripod and Nikon Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8_LQquKhE
Quit posting and reply to my PM dammit!
Old 3/29/14, 12:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Quit posting and reply to my PM dammit!
Lol Patrick! I read it earlier and I'm like, "holy crap this is a deeeep question"

So let me finish my "driving" and then respond to it when I get back? That ok? I'm enjoying my sushi right now and keep thinking about my car and her new exhaust and how I can't wait to get back out there and drive
Old 3/29/14, 12:14 PM
I Have No Life

Here's proof of my sushi
Attached Thumbnails Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-2141318492.jpg  
Old 3/29/14, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok, went for a short cruise and stopping for sushi, so figured I'd post this short update.

My oh my. I love these babies. They really are the "grownup" version of the borlas. Cruising around town is noticeably quieter than the borlas. But the minute you step on it, even at 4k rpms they just roar to life. It's a Jekyll Hyde thing for sure. I turned so many heads in 20 minutes lol. I even got the attention of a couple pickup trucks and a ricer sentra that somehow sped up just be behind me. Hilarious.

I also took her on the highway, and this is where they truly shine and distance themselves from borla, IMO. Why? Cruising at 60mph is much much much much quieter than the borlas. Absolutely no drone at all. Corsa R&D holds true to their promise. It's just amazing. I didn't realize how different the borlas were. The borlas were mostly loud all the time, essentially. So cruising with the wifey to dinner somewhere will be so much better. But again, punch the throttle and the banshee comes out. I don't know how corsa does it, but wow, it sounds so good.

Remember that double sine wave analysis I talked about in my first post? That really sums it up. It's so much more versatile than the borlas. You can tailor it to how and when and what you feel like when you drive. The borla s is just on volume 8/10 all the time. Corsas can adjust from volume 3 to volume 10
I was amazed at how there was no drone; after I installed them I made a 300 mile drive to San Antonio, and then up to Austin, and they didn't even bother me.

Some people I get in there car and it is borderline unbearable at city speeds. Then again, haven't done headers yet so we will see.

Also, **** you! I'm know going to Best Buy to purchase a new Go Pro.
Old 3/29/14, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude that's loud in 5th? @ 60. My borlas aren't that loud.
Old 3/29/14, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I have to agree. I can't hear the Borlas at the lower cruising speeds until I tip in a little throttle. But when I suddenly floor it, the Coyote screams, my wife screams...at me...a lot. Life gets interesting.

Maybe it's your x-pipe or all that water your carrying around?
Old 3/29/14, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I have to agree. I can't hear the Borlas at the lower cruising speeds until I tip in a little throttle. But when I suddenly floor it, the Coyote screams, my wife screams...at me...a lot. Life gets interesting.

Maybe it's your x-pipe or all that water your carrying around?
it also seems like that droning sound is...... drone. tone isn't bad though, I'd probably not go with Extremes. They're like ATAK loudness.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/29/14 at 01:28 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the Corsas, not a Borla fan for precisely the reasons the OP cites, even though the corsas sound louder they are more mellow and don't sound like a tin can. For my money, it will be corsa or magnaflow. Great post by OP and nice vids.
Old 3/29/14, 01:45 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I have to agree. I can't hear the Borlas at the lower cruising speeds until I tip in a little throttle. But when I suddenly floor it, the Coyote screams, my wife screams...at me...a lot. Life gets interesting. Maybe it's your x-pipe or all that water your carrying around?
it also seems like that droning sound is...... drone. tone isn't bad though, I'd probably not go with Extremes. They're like ATAK loudness.
Lol... I couldn't disagree more. I've had my borlas for 2 years. They're wayyyy louder than that at cruise. That's 6th gear btw Danielle. Perhaps my iPhone vid doesn't capture it well. It's way quieter than my borlas. And no, that sound you "hear" is not drone at all...I've been in cars with drone. Heck after hearing my corsas, my borlas actually had sort of a drone.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 01:50 PM
Banned

i guess the 3.73's make the car significantly louder @ 60
Old 3/29/14, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lol Patrick! I read it earlier and I'm like, "holy crap this is a deeeep question" So let me finish my "driving" and then respond to it when I get back? That ok? I'm enjoying my sushi right now and keep thinking about my car and her new exhaust and how I can't wait to get back out there and drive
Hahaha all good I'm just and were at UNOs right now!

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd