2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cilajet? Anyone with Experience?

Old 10/18/10, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cilajet? Anyone with Experience?

Did any of your dealerships tried to get you to buy it?

Supposedly, it's aviation-technology spray that helps seal your paint, make it shinier, more resistant to natural contamination, etc. etc.

It costs around $600.

I've read both positive and negative reviews. Some people claim it's a gimmick. Others swear by it and say it's great. Still on the fence about this one.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks.
Old 10/18/10, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ireallycare
Did any of your dealerships tried to get you to buy it?

Supposedly, it's aviation-technology spray that helps seal your paint, make it shinier, more resistant to natural contamination, etc. etc.

It costs around $600.

I've read both positive and negative reviews. Some people claim it's a gimmick. Others swear by it and say it's great. Still on the fence about this one.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks.
Yea they tried to sell me that when I picked up my car told them no. If it works I would think about it but I have no idea.
Old 10/18/10, 05:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Any GOOD polymer sealant will do the same job.
And costs WAY less.
If you don't want to do it yourself, I'll bet a local detail guy could do it for under $200.
Old 10/18/10, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
These products are for the people who don't want to wash and wax the car on a regular basis. If you take care of the car, you don't need this, and at $600., it is a grossly overpriced.
Old 5/8/12, 02:02 PM

My opinion on Cilajet

I recently purchased a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Although it had been detailed and looked sharp you could tell that the paint work was 5 years old.
I could have looked into getting a new paint job or on a lesser end had my vehicle professionally detailed from time to time in order to keep it looking sharp.
The problem with a paint job is once I decide to get something else paint work reduces the value of your car and detailing adds up over time.
I could have washed and waxed it myself but I'd rather spend those hours with my children.
After looking around I learned of a product named Cilajet.
After doing some research I found both negative and positive reviews.
The negative reviews however were all people who had not purchased the product so I felt I could only go so far with their opinions.
The people who had used it however were all and I mean all very pleased with it.
So I figured I'd give it a shot.
I live in the Washington DC area and found some dealerships that were offering it for 995 on vehicles my size (which included interior exterior and wheels) and 1095 for larger ones like a van or SUV etc.
The price seemed a bit steep for me and I wasnt sure until I found a Cilajet representative post on Craigslist of all places.
I ended up getting a reduced price of $595 and that seemed more reasonable the $1000 so I contacted Mr King and he said as long as I brought him in the printed ad the price would be honored.
Apparently he is trying to make some type of point through different advertising venues.
Anyways I dropped off my car and they were nice enough to present me with a loaner car so I could go shop eat or what ever I wanted during the application process.
Once my Eclipse was ready I was amazed.
She looked brand new!
The paint looked fresh and the rims sparkled.
I couldnt really see any difference on the inside but according to the paperwork the leather is now protected against cracking and the cloth areas such as carpet etc are now stain resistant.
I did spill a bit of water on the carpet just to check and it beaded right up.
The exterior is where I'm getting my bang for the buck though.
I can't even begin to say how good it looks.
The process is new so we'll see how long the lasting power is.
I plan on taking monthly photos and documenting them somewhere a blog perhaps.
This should make it easier for people like me on the cusp to make a decission.
Hopefully this has been helpful and if not I guess you'll just have to experience Cilajet for yourself.
I myself and quite pleased with this product and will be recommending it to people I know.
Old 5/8/12, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you very much Aiden. I'll be doing the Cilajet treatment on my car now after your unconditional endorsement. I mean if there is anybody you can trust in a forum is the first post guy that wakes up a two year old thread about a product that nobody talks about to tell you how good it is. How can you go wrong with that
Old 5/8/12, 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Can i buy shares in the company ! I'm sold.
Old 5/8/12, 08:36 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Can i buy shares in the company ! I'm sold.
Can you buy stock in a ponzi scheme?