Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Baby car seat

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/14, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby car seat

We'll I have baby girl on the way and I have a recaro pro ride baby seat, but I have not tried to install it yet. To all you mommy and daddy's any suggestions or advise for hauling my new baby around? The back seats on these mustangs look really deep. Do any of you have a baby seat in your mustangs?
Old 10/2/14, 01:41 PM

I take care of my 2 year old granddaughter 4 days a week. Once a week we go to the zoo or the park. I put the her car seat in the rear passenger side and away we go. Put head rest up and have the car seat in before you bring your child out. Kinda tight put it works just fine and she likes ridding in the pony car!!!
Old 10/2/14, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

ive got a 6 and 4 year old and have had the car for a year. My kids sit in booster seats, obviously not the same as the car seat you will need for a newborn.

I'm sure the depth will be fine, I'd be more worried about length...
Old 10/2/14, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by silvagsr
We'll I have baby girl on the way and I have a recaro pro ride baby seat, but I have not tried to install it yet. To all you mommy and daddy's any suggestions or advise for hauling my new baby around? The back seats on these mustangs look really deep. Do any of you have a baby seat in your mustangs?
I have the same seat. It's a b*tch to get them in and out. Do yourself a favor and get an infant carrier that clicks in and out of a base that stays in the car. We have a Chicco that works very well. You can even strap it in without the base (this fits better in the Mustang rear bucket seat, but it's harder to do because it's not a one click in/out affair).

All this week I've been doing the baby hauling in my 2014 GT, and it sucks. I'm really wishing I got a Focus ST now. I need a 4-door.
Old 10/2/14, 06:33 PM

May I suggest putting either a towel or a baby car mat under the car seat. Not only protects from spills it will also protect back cusions from pressure of the car seat. and wear marks, especially if you get the ones that click in.
Old 10/2/14, 08:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Not sure if this was mentioned but I used those foam noodles that you swim with. I cut them up and they worked great to keep everything snug. Even the Police/AAA check that I had done complimented me about how snug it was. I should also clarify that it was a base and I had one in each car so all you had to do was snap the baby carrier in and out. They worked great and were very easy to use. Good luck! :-)
Old 10/3/14, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I have two car seats to tryout and test fit this weekend. I'll see if I can remember to get some pictures too. We also have a older 4 door civic, but I have to admit that car commands zero respect, unlike the mustang. Whenever in that car people won't yield like they do in the mustang and other cars literally cut us off all the time. I just feel a lot safer in the mustang, and I'm not 100% sure but I believe the mustang is safer.
Old 10/3/14, 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by silvagsr
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I have two car seats to tryout and test fit this weekend. I'll see if I can remember to get some pictures too. We also have a older 4 door civic, but I have to admit that car commands zero respect, unlike the mustang. Whenever in that car people won't yield like they do in the mustang and other cars literally cut us off all the time. I just feel a lot safer in the mustang, and I'm not 100% sure but I believe the mustang is safer.
I'm sure the Mustang is safer than an older Civic. Much stronger platform and materials. We took my son home from the hospital in the Recaro. The nurses laughed because he was minuscule in it he's starting to fit it better now though. I'm about ready to put it back in my car because the daily swapping of the Chicco in and out of our Escape is getting old. We need to take the base out too in case my dad needs to take him anywhere (dad is retired and our permanent daycare now).
Old 10/3/14, 09:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Yep, I have a graco seat that I use in there for my now 2 year old, but since he was a baby, we used to put him in there with the baby seat too. Was a royal PITA to get in and out, as Patrick eluded to, but still, it's great to hear my boys yell WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The following users liked this post:
Jwhite (4/25/22)
Old 10/3/14, 11:29 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am glad this topic got started, my wife and I are also expecting, most of the time the new baby will be in her car but having a base for a carrier in mine would be great for those days I'm on daddy duty..

so there are no issues with the graco base fitting in the back seat?
Old 10/3/14, 11:54 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Xar
I am glad this topic got started, my wife and I are also expecting, most of the time the new baby will be in her car but having a base for a carrier in mine would be great for those days I'm on daddy duty..

so there are no issues with the graco base fitting in the back seat?
No issue. Then again, we are not that tall, so maybe it may be an issue for taller folks.

I put a towel/sheet underneath to make sure the tight snug fit of the base doesn't bite into the seat itself.
Old 10/4/14, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
My Stang is a toy... Not a DD. I do take my 3 year old in it on occasion. That is why I sold the '51... To have a car I can put a car seat in and go cruise. She was rear facing at first and forward now. I always put something down underneath the seat. Never leave the car seat buckled in continuously. Over time it will permanently deform the seat cushion. I also always took her shoes off. Forward or rear facing. That way kids kicking feet do not mark up the seats.
Old 10/4/14, 03:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
My Stang is a toy... Not a DD. I do take my 3 year old in it on occasion. That is why I sold the '51... To have a car I can put a car seat in and go cruise. She was rear facing at first and forward now. I always put something down underneath the seat. Never leave the car seat buckled in continuously. Over time it will permanently deform the seat cushion. I also always took her shoes off. Forward or rear facing. That way kids kicking feet do not mark up the seats.
I can't wait til my little guy is forward facing. It's so much easier to get them in and out.
Old 10/5/14, 08:43 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I too pondered that shoe mark issue. Easy solution, they make a "cover"/apron that hangs on the back of seat to protect the seat back from marks. I got them at babies r us. Easier than taking shoes off all the time. Or, just make your own black towel to hang. I'm too lazy to go to the garage and take a pic for you.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/6/14 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10/6/14, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I too ponders that shoe mark issue. Easy solution, they make a "cover"/apron that hangs on the back of seat to protect the seat back from marks. I got them at babies r us. Easier than taking shoes off all the time. Or, just make your own black towel to hang. I'm too lazy to go to the garage and take a pic for you.

Guys... i have the $10 solution for you... I'll take a picture when I get home tonight and will post it.
Old 10/6/14, 02:48 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Guys... i have the $10 solution for you... I'll take a picture when I get home tonight and will post it.
Mine was 5 bucks!!! I think... It was cheap for sure. You just hang it on the seat via the headrest.
Old 10/6/14, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Mine was 5 bucks!!! I think... It was cheap for sure. You just hang it on the seat via the headrest.
yah i paid around $10 as well... this has lots of pocket for water or whatever... keeps the mess somewhat organized and keeps the backside from getting messy from their feet
Attached Thumbnails Baby car seat-img_7974.jpg  
Old 10/7/14, 05:53 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
yah i paid around $10 as well... this has lots of pocket for water or whatever... keeps the mess somewhat organized and keeps the backside from getting messy from their feet
Yeah mines black and the cheaper version of that. All black. Just a plain "sheer" if you will. But effective tho!!
Old 10/7/14, 06:20 AM

I don't miss those days getting my daughter in and out of a 2 door car. Just watch your back, its easy to strain doing this.
Old 4/6/21, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huge thread revival!! (:

Just to help some people who would search the info. My brother owns a 2013 V6 Mustang and it is pretty easy to install his 1 year old son. The baby seat he use is a Graco Contender.

The following users liked this post:
SpectreH (4/7/21)

Quick Reply: Baby car seat