Another scratches on paint thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/15, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
Here are some pictures of the repair.

wayne
Came out looking great Monte. In truth you're better off just paying the shop to do this out of your pocket as opposed to going the insurance route primarily because if you file a claim on it the whole thing goes on Carfax and if you ever trade the car some future dealership will use that as an excuse to lower your trade in value.
Old 11/25/15, 06:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
the whole thing goes on Carfax and if you ever trade the car some future dealership will use that as an excuse to lower your trade in value.
Not true. Almost every car that isn't a garage queen or total POS has been to a body shop at some point. As long as there wasn't a major collision that bent the frame or deployed the airbag, evidence of body shop visits are not going to lower the value of a car. If it did, I'd go right to another dealer.
Old 11/25/15, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VidPro
This angers me. So many d-bags out there that don't give a rat's behind about someone else's property. If I saw it happen to my car I might be in jail. This is why I take my crappy Taurus whenever I have to park in a lot for a while.

Can a ding repair place do anything with that? I would imagine on the crease it's very difficult to repair.
I have two more years worth of payments. by that time, there could be more damage on the body. I'm going to just wait. Once its paid for and when I can afford to keep it as a weekend car to enjoy, then I'll just get it all repaired. I'm not even sure if they could fix that without doing body work to it.

Originally Posted by elkk
I hope you got even.....
Believe me, I wish that I had looked at my car that night. I just noticed it was a black Merc AMG suv and immediately thought. "I'm good, There's no way they would be so careless"

any sort of damage to the body, really sucks
Old 11/25/15, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Was it a soccer mom driving the SUV?
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I have two more years worth of payments. by that time, there could be more damage on the body. I'm going to just wait. Once its paid for and when I can afford to keep it as a weekend car to enjoy, then I'll just get it all repaired. I'm not even sure if they could fix that without doing body work to it.

Believe me, I wish that I had looked at my car that night. I just noticed it was a black Merc AMG suv and immediately thought. "I'm good, There's no way they would be so careless"

any sort of damage to the body, really sucks
Old 11/26/15, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
Came out looking great Monte. In truth you're better off just paying the shop to do this out of your pocket as opposed to going the insurance route primarily because if you file a claim on it the whole thing goes on Carfax and if you ever trade the car some future dealership will use that as an excuse to lower your trade in value.
Thank you. I'm happy with the repair, especially for $50. Turning it in to the insurance really wasn't an option since I have a $500 deductable and even if I would have had to have the bumper painted, it would have been about $500 anyway.

Wayne