2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

American muscle discount code please

Old 10/18/13, 02:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Wow how did this turn into a flame on AM. Their customer service is impeccable. If you want to be dealt with then call, to the place they actually work and not on this forum that they deal with on their own time.
I, too, have had flawless service from AM. But I think these "flamers" and "whiners" are some of AM's best customers. They are telling AM how to improve their business through this feedback. That's invaluable to a retail organization. Should these issues fail to improve, we'll know about it here and go elsewhere. A bad customer just disappears, telling others they know of their bad experiences with the seller.

Tonight, I ordered pizza and it was an hour late. I called to complain and was told they were very busy (Thursday night?) and that they only had two drivers and the dog ate someone's homework...blaa, blaa. "Well you could have told me that when I ordered. Now I have a birthday party looking at me like I'm sausage!" She says, "We'll give you ten bucks off your next order, but you have to use it within two weeks or it will drop off our system." "What makes you think I'm going to forget about this that soo...okay...thanks." Cold pizza shows up two minutes later. Grrrr. I tried to be a good customer but failed.

So, Dan, on my next AM order I'm gonna need one of those free calendars Glenn was talking about...and a pizza!
Old 10/18/13, 03:00 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been on other forums I have to say this is the strangest setup to receive a small (but appreciated) discount. You have to have so many posts in order to qualify? Why, what's the big deal? I've known others that have been on forums for years and only had a handful of posts because they enjoy reading more than they enjoy posting.....and they still got the same discounts as everyone else. Is this a forum policy or an AM policy?

/rant
Old 10/18/13, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Wait a minute...whaa...? I need a bunch of posts to qualify for the discount? Well that's a steaming load of butt squeeze! Grrrr

Dan! Fix it!
Old 10/18/13, 04:22 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by XEDES
Having been on other forums I have to say this is the strangest setup to receive a small (but appreciated) discount. You have to have so many posts in order to qualify? Why, what's the big deal? I've known others that have been on forums for years and only had a handful of posts because they enjoy reading more than they enjoy posting.....and they still got the same discounts as everyone else. Is this a forum policy or an AM policy? /rant
Exactly.

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
Wait a minute...whaa...? I need a bunch of posts to qualify for the discount? Well that's a steaming load of butt squeeze! Grrrr Dan! Fix it!
Yep, 17 more for you in fact! Lol
Old 10/18/13, 05:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having been on other forums I have to say this is the strangest setup to receive a small (but appreciated) discount.

/rant
Depends on what / how many purchases you do. I saved $387 on one purchase (Roush SC). Overall I'm probably around $600 saved with the discount code with all my purchases.
Are there any other vendors on this forum offering a discount for just being a member of a Mustang board?

Wait a minute...whaa...? I need a bunch of posts to qualify for the discount? Well that's a steaming load of butt squeeze! Grrrr

Dan! Fix it!
Come on, if you can't get 50 post you're not trying. Welcome new members to the board and you'll have your 50 post before you know it. If they didn't have this policy and allowed the discount immediately they might as well offer this discount to everyone directly from there website.

Last edited by GT50GO; 10/18/13 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10/18/13, 06:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts

Dan! Fix it!
50 posts is nothing
Old 10/18/13, 12:00 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GT50GO
Depends on what / how many purchases you do. I saved $387 on one purchase (Roush SC). Overall I'm probably around $600 saved with the discount code with all my purchases.
Are there any other vendors on this forum offering a discount for just being a member of a Mustang board?.
Yes very much so. That's why I am so puzzled by this "rule".

Come on, if you can't get 50 post you're not trying. Welcome new members to the board and you'll have your 50 post before you know it. If they didn't have this policy and allowed the discount immediately they might as well offer this discount to everyone directly from there website.
They should.

Hey, btw, thanks again for that roush vent pod. I love it.
Old 10/18/13, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
50 posts is nothing
I see. Just go from bush to bush...spreading it around...no problem!

By the way, I liked your old avatar way better!!!
Old 10/18/13, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I see. Just go from bush to bush...spreading it around...no problem!

By the way, I liked your old avatar way better!!!
well yea! some of my posts have been useful but if all else fails just ask for pics of the GF, daughter, wife...
Old 10/18/13, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I know, I know. I'm just trying to be the best customer I can be and tease Dan a little bit!

Oh look, here's another one! Every time I push this button that free calendar gets closer!!!
Old 10/18/13, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Hey, btw, thanks again for that roush vent pod. I love it.
No problem, looks great in the pictures you posted!!
Old 10/18/13, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I know, I know. I'm just trying to be the best customer I can be and tease Dan a little bit!

Oh look, here's another one! Every time I push this button that free calendar gets closer!!!
The calendars are nice, I got one in 2012 and 13, looking forward to the 2014 one. I've never had an issue getting one.
Old 10/18/13, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Glenn
well yea! some of my posts have been useful

Shot you guys a PM, looking forward to your response!

-Dan
Old 10/18/13, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, that's cool. Kick a little dirt and grass on Dan and now he's sending me...

...a free pizza!

Ha! In your face Glenn!!!
Old 10/18/13, 04:01 PM
I Have No Life

Wow, that's cool. Kick a little dirt and grass on Dan and now he's sending me.e.. ...a free pizza! Ha! In your face Glenn!!!
Whoa whoa whoa... Since I started this thread, don't I get a calendar???? Lol
Old 10/18/13, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm just a bystander until I pick up mine on Monday or Tuesday, but I could use a free calendar and free pizza. I could even pitch in and supply a beer or two.
Old 10/18/13, 05:47 PM
GT Member

Are there any other vendors on this forum offering a discount for just being a member of a Mustang board?.
I'm not knocking the discount, just the stipulation. I think I had 14 posts when I bought my gt/cs but I was ready to start buying things for it right away. Being from the Midwest our summer is only about a month long (sarcasm) so there really isn't a lot of time to play with our toys.

It's all good, I was sent a few PM's from members directing where to order from and the prices were a little less than what would've been my discount price anyway but I still try to support the vendors that support the forums I enjoy.
Old 10/18/13, 11:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not knocking the discount, just the stipulation. I think I had 14 posts when I bought my gt/cs but I was ready to start buying things for it right away. Being from the Midwest our summer is only about a month long (sarcasm) so there really isn't a lot of time to play with our toys.

It's all good, I was sent a few PM's from members directing where to order from and the prices were a little less than what would've been my discount price anyway but I still try to support the vendors that support the forums I enjoy.
I hear you. I shop hard for good pricing too. A little while ago I was in the market for some stuff, found a good price from a supplier, but became disenchanted with their service and delivery performance. I heard on this site that AM considers price matching, so I gave them a shot even though there was a considerable difference between them. It was a nice surprise when they matched the low price and shipped the same day.

So, to AM I say, "I'll be back!"
Old 10/20/13, 09:33 PM
GT Member

Good to hear. I look forward to giving them a try now that I have enough posts. Lol
Old 10/21/13, 04:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just ordered some things a week ago and didn't know there was a code.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American muscle discount code please