2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014mustang gt coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/15, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014mustang gt coilovers?

alright this is the first time I'll be dealing with coilovers and I've looked up a few that I've been considering and I don't have deep pockets so not spending above 1500 for coils at least not right now. So I have a 2014 mustang gt and I wanna lower it and I want something good for the track I won't do springs for the simple fact if I want to adjust the ride height I can. So first set are the eibach r1/r2 coilovers second set are BC br coilovers (read good and bad about them) and the third set are the vogtland coilovers couldn't find to much on these ones so kinda hoping for some help. Thought about doing bags but once again pockets aren't that deep and the car will only be driven in the summer right now it's my dd but I plan on getting a beater since I want to keep the miles down and don't want it to see snow so I'm open to suggestions on different brands too something cheap but not complete **** thank you
Old 3/29/15, 11:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Quality or cheap. Pick one lol can't have both

question you are looking at the Eibach r1/r2 are you seeing those for under 1500$ somewhere? Cause those are about 2000$.

If you're going to do it, save up a little more and just get bags.
Old 3/29/15, 11:10 AM

Yeah I found the eibachs for $1600 on one website I've also considered coils cause my buddy is gonna be teaching me how to drift and I've read on a lot of forums bags aren't good for that. Haha it doesn't have to be of good quality but it don't have to be last one year change them quality either
Old 3/29/15, 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by murdered14gt
Yeah I found the eibachs for $1600 on one website I've also considered coils cause my buddy is gonna be teaching me how to drift and I've read on a lot of forums bags aren't good for that. Haha it doesn't have to be of good quality but it don't have to be last one year change them quality either
I bought a set of used Eibach R1s. Not on the car yet, but soon. I wouldn't do the BCs...hit or miss on quality. Look into KW and ST also. Hypermotive has all of them available!
Old 3/29/15, 11:52 AM

Yeah haven't looked into the kW or st's yet I've read a lot of good about them and some bad not much. I had the same feeling about the bc's a lot of people say they're good a lot of people say they're bad so that's why I got on here to see what everyone would suggest
Old 3/29/15, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by murdered14gt
Yeah haven't looked into the kW or st's yet I've read a lot of good about them and some bad not much. I had the same feeling about the bc's a lot of people say they're good a lot of people say they're bad so that's why I got on here to see what everyone would suggest
The BCs are strictly for looks. A lot of people buy them because they're cheap, slam them to the lowest setting, bottom out their suspension and complain that the BCs are crap. That said, they may actually be decent, but you're looking to race the car. If you're looking to get into drifting, I'd suggest doubling or tripling whatever budget you have alotted, because drifting is HARD on cars. Not to mention, you need to have some extra cash on hand in case you bump a wall or worse...

If you're going into completion, going cheap or even inexpensive should not even be on your radar.
Old 3/29/15, 12:18 PM

Now that's a answer I'm looking for. Later on down the road I do plan on getting better stuff but for now it's not gonna be at a track just practicing techniques for the time being and not often just something new to learn and fun to do if ya get what I'm saying tired of a straight line and don't plan on making a career out of it unless it comes to that but I highly doubt it'll come to that. So I guess what I'm looking for is something that'll make the car look good with decent performance and a decent relatively affordable price don't plan on slamming the car or lowering til I scrape off of every bump I go over. So if I were to pursue drifting later in life what you reccomend for good reliable street driving and such
Old 4/1/15, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If that's the case, then I would do something that's proven - Eibach, H&R, Cortex, Steeda, Maximum Motorsports or maybe KW. Most if not all of these brands have competition tested their products.
Old 4/3/15, 02:12 AM

Yeah I've made up my mind imma go with something from eibach just to play it safe plus I never really had problems with eibach parts so I trust them but thanks guys