2014 v6 Chevy Camaro RS
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2014 Roush v6 vs 2014 Camaro v6 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/14, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Roush v6 vs 2014 Camaro v6 RS?

Hey guys this is my first post here! So I apologize ahead of time if its in the wrong place.

So basically heres a quick summary. I finally got enough money to buy my mustang and got and unbelievable deal and something i finally could afford. I bought a 2014 Roush v6 RS.
Its has the Roush appearance package with the hood scoop and side splitters and front lip and the axle back Roush exhaust and that means it comes with a lowered suspension i believe its an inch lower. That along with the Recaro bucket seats are the only things that are separating it from a base model v6.

Anyway to the point....

I have a friend who loves to talk a lot of.... garbage that owns a 2014 v6 Camaro RS. His has the tech package with nav that i believe adds more weight but hes added a lighter cat back exhaust as well as an injen intake that he says is supposed to add a maximum of 15hp. that being said i know camaros come stock around 324ish and are 200lbs heavier than mustangs.

Well enough was enough and i finally decided to challenge him to a quarter mile drag race to settle things.... So the real question is do i really have anything to worry about? or should this be a piece of cake? Most i can probably do before this happens is add a roush intake which should add max about 15hp aswell. Thanks ahead of time for the input! Really appreciate it
Old 10/16/14, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 14RSRoush
Hey guys this is my first post here! So I apologize ahead of time if its in the wrong place.

So basically heres a quick summary. I finally got enough money to buy my mustang and got and unbelievable deal and something i finally could afford. I bought a 2014 Roush v6 RS.
Its has the Roush appearance package with the hood scoop and side splitters and front lip and the axle back Roush exhaust and that means it comes with a lowered suspension i believe its an inch lower. That along with the Recaro bucket seats are the only things that are separating it from a base model v6.

Anyway to the point....

I have a friend who loves to talk a lot of.... garbage that owns a 2014 v6 Camaro RS. His has the tech package with nav that i believe adds more weight but hes added a lighter cat back exhaust as well as an injen intake that he says is supposed to add a maximum of 15hp. that being said i know camaros come stock around 324ish and are 200lbs heavier than mustangs.

Well enough was enough and i finally decided to challenge him to a quarter mile drag race to settle things.... So the real question is do i really have anything to worry about? or should this be a piece of cake? Most i can probably do before this happens is add a roush intake which should add max about 15hp aswell. Thanks ahead of time for the input! Really appreciate it
Are you planning on adding a tune with that intake? Im not sure an intake alone will get you15hp. But it can't hurt either and sounds pretty cool!
Old 10/16/14, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How about some pictures of that sweet ride?
Old 10/16/14, 09:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it should be a close race.
Old 10/17/14, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by STERLiNG88
Are you planning on adding a tune with that intake? Im not sure an intake alone will get you15hp. But it can't hurt either and sounds pretty cool!

Wish i could but i bought the extended warranty for 6yrs so i dont wanna void it immediately. Ya i dont believe ill get 15 out of it but thats the max the range says i think 8-12 is more realistic..
Old 10/17/14, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
How about some pictures of that sweet ride?

Pictures coming soon! Ill try to post some tomorrow!
Old 10/17/14, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
it should be a close race.

Ya haha a little too close for comfort.... Im really not sure i feel like it could go either way and the scale seems to be tipping in his direction right now. hoping these votes arent too biased hahahaha
Old 10/17/14, 01:57 AM

Also found out his cat back exhaust takes off a maximum of 60llbs. I want to account for the best case scenarios for his car so if anything functions a little less than maximum i smoke him... now i just gotta find the dinero to buy that intake hahaha i feel like if i have that intake i can take him easy if my shift changes are right.
Old 10/17/14, 05:06 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
What rear gear ratio do you have? Should be a little 'white' sticker on the right side of the pumpkin. If it says 2.73, you might lose
Old 10/17/14, 06:28 AM
Cobra Member

Hey OP,

I am about to save you a good chunk of coin on the CAI you are talking about buying. Rather than spending money on upgrades to try and beat him.

LET him sit in your new mustang and heck... drive it. He will beat himself when he drives it and see's how much better of a ride the mustang is. How it sounds better, how it feels better to drive around and look through any sides of the car and see how easy it is to navigate over the Camaro. Beat him down the 1/4 mile and he won't give up because you just "got lucky" let him see how much the Mustang trumps the Camaro by letting him sit in it. You'll beat him for good!

I know all of this because I almost bought a Camaro and love the exterior looks of the car. but, fell in love with the mustang because it feels better and looks better in almost every way.
Old 10/17/14, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by David Young
What rear gear ratio do you have? Should be a little 'white' sticker on the right side of the pumpkin. If it says 2.73, you might lose
ahhhhhhh...... crap.

i have the 2.73 gear ratio. i was actually trying to figure that out earlier thanks tho... now im definitely sweating this one hahaha
Old 10/17/14, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Hey OP,

I am about to save you a good chunk of coin on the CAI you are talking about buying. Rather than spending money on upgrades to try and beat him.

LET him sit in your new mustang and heck... drive it. He will beat himself when he drives it and see's how much better of a ride the mustang is. How it sounds better, how it feels better to drive around and look through any sides of the car and see how easy it is to navigate over the Camaro. Beat him down the 1/4 mile and he won't give up because you just "got lucky" let him see how much the Mustang trumps the Camaro by letting him sit in it. You'll beat him for good!

I know all of this because I almost bought a Camaro and love the exterior looks of the car. but, fell in love with the mustang because it feels better and looks better in almost every way.
Ya ill definitely do that because he has yet to see my car. I really think theyre great looking cars and id take my mustang over a camaro a million times even if it ends up being slower. I just want to beat him all around have a faster and all around better car.
Old 10/17/14, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 14RSRoush
Ya ill definitely do that because he has yet to see my car. I really think theyre great looking cars and id take my mustang over a camaro a million times even if it ends up being slower. I just want to beat him all around have a faster and all around better car.

if his Camaro has a stock exhaust... even your stock exhaust will sound better.... that's another thing I never liked about the Camaro. You really have to punch it to hear it.

trust me. let him take it around for a boot, he will see the light.
Old 10/17/14, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should figure out a way to show up to the race with a RS3. How hilarious would that be?!
Old 10/17/14, 03:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Your car wins right off the bat in the "LOOKS" department though.
Hands down.
Old 10/18/14, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
if his Camaro has a stock exhaust... even your stock exhaust will sound better.... that's another thing I never liked about the Camaro. You really have to punch it to hear it.

trust me. let him take it around for a boot, he will see the light.
Hahaha i think hes stuck in the dark for a while. Couldnt agree with you more, mustang stock exhaust sound great, my roush came with the roush axle backs and man if i go anywhere above 1500rpm everybody within a mile knows im coming hahahha its such an incredible sound. Id definitely recommend that exhaust to anyone. I was planning on adding it in if i bought a stock v6
Old 10/18/14, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Last1
You should figure out a way to show up to the race with a RS3. How hilarious would that be?!
Hahaha thatd be amazing. Im sure he'd wet his pants if i showed up in one of those.
Old 10/18/14, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Your car wins right off the bat in the "LOOKS" department though.
Hands down.
haha thanks man couldnt agree more. I think mustangs by default win in the looks department
Old 10/18/14, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah... his may be faster but You have a way better car... In all aspects. And you said he has a Injen intake?
Old 10/20/14, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Krohn
Yeah... his may be faster but You have a way better car... In all aspects. And you said he has a Injen intake?
yup he has an injen intake. I hope i can get my intake and have a fighting chance

Quick Reply: 2014 Roush v6 vs 2014 Camaro v6 RS?