Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/14, 06:19 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo302
Hey All,

Do any of you northern climate Mustangs have the optional "Engine Block Heater" and can see if your lower grille has a section snipped/sawed off where the cord passes through. ...
I’ll see what I can find for you, Tubo302.

Deysha
Old 7/25/14, 07:26 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordService
I’ll see what I can find for you, Tubo302.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha,

Any insite is appreciated. I am still super duper happy with our Mustang. I only have 34 miles on it and hopefully next week the weather is a bit nicer. I don't want to get stuck in rain or storms with it so its just sitting nicely in my shop.

I plan on giving it a nice break in and do a first oil change at 500 miles (we use to change oil after first dyno session on engines I build), so it's tough for me to go even that long LOL!

I've already cleaned it head to toe with Mist n Shine and have adjusted body panels to be near perfect!

I still have all the plastic on it and enjoy looking at it everyday like I'm checking it out at the dealer! Once I break the seal, it will never be brand new again

Thanks again to Deysha and themustangsource for such a nice forum and resource, really made this thread fun watching it start in late 2012 til now!

Long live the 2014 MY! I call it the real 50th Mustangs!
Old 7/28/14, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All,

Do any of you northern climate Mustangs have the optional "Engine Block Heater" and can see if your lower grille has a section snipped/sawed off where the cord passes through.

I looked closely at mine and someone at the plant must have thought it would look nice with a section of the "honeycomb" missing.

Really can't believe this would be normal or acceptable. If it is I am surprised that Ford would allow that.

I was going to tuck the cord back behind the grille for summer use, but it has a section hacked away and looks like a**.

It would take a little extra labor to do nicely, but I'm sure its simpler to just hacksaw a section out of the grille. Really can't believe this is how Ford thinks it should be done. Why didn't engineering come up with a different cord or a solution besides hacksaw off a section of the grill?

I'm waiting on what Ford says. Hopefully they can UPS me a not cut up lower grille, or at least sell me one at Ford cost.

I don't want to be at car shows and have to explain why there is one chunk missing out of the grille that is how Ford does it to northern climate cars...grrrrr

PM'd Deysha, hopefully she has some insite for me. I have a feeling I will be purchasing a good one and replacing myself on a car that only has 34 miles on it since I fear going to any body shop with a brand new car and leaving with it worse off (happened to me on a 2008 Malibu that went in for warranty "touch up" and they call me after they decided to paint half the car.).

In any case, Deysha and my sales experience at Autonation (Tousley) Ford White Bear Lake MN have been way better than expected. I am just a little disappointed in the attention to detail at the assembly plant/quality control/engineering dept. There were a few other "build quality issues" I already addressed myself and have accepted as Ford build quality on an outgoing model. Hope Ford is listening, and will better their ways in the future. From Job 1 to Job Last, build quality should be near perfect! I won't hold my breath, but would be nice if they take care of me on this and a new grill shows up at my door, especially for a 8x repeat Mustang owner that just purchased a $44k Mustang. Maybe I'm being picky, but this is a decently expensive car that I would hope be built with care, pride and quality control :-)

This is my car and is now part of the family and will be passed on down to my little girl. We special ordered it, I will fix/perfect it to my liking, and will be with us for decades into the future!

Here she is making sure Dad ordered the Brembo Brakes for her... ;-)

Yep, mine came off the truck with the block heater hanging out of a hacked out honeycomb. Tucked mine behind the grille, but not impressed at all with that either; I was pretty irritated actually.

Edit: curious, what panels did you need to align and what was the issue?

Last edited by puma1552; 7/28/14 at 09:31 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by puma1552
Yep, mine came off the truck with the block heater hanging out of a hacked out honeycomb. Tucked mine behind the grille, but not impressed at all with that either; I was pretty irritated actually.

Edit: curious, what panels did you need to align and what was the issue?

Fender was way off, the passenger side had over a 1/4" hang outward. Everybody that saw the car commented on it, even non car people. The front where the hood meets the front nose is a bit crooked. I tried adjusting the passenger door the best I could also.

There are a few other things I noticed as "haphazardly" or quickly put together. Like crunched up rear firewall insulation, wiring harness in trunk that is twisted up so it holds the carpet up in trunk, hand full of other things that are not a big deal etc... If I was head of quality control, this would definitely not pass my standard.

I'm probably super picky, and most of the things were just disappointing, but not a big deal. The fenders bothered me so much, that I spent an afternoon getting them just right (taped up all bolts and sockets so no scratching). That was a big bother to me that I couldn't stand.

The grill butchering is what sent me over the top and was like...this is ridiculous on a brand new $44k car.

No where in the options sheet did it claim that "grill modifications will be done" with an engine heater. Was a poor execution of that option and most would opt out if they knew that's what it was about.

Still waiting on what Ford wants to do. Will hope for the best since I didn't charge/bill them for all the adjustments on a new car...LOL

Last edited by Turbo302; 7/29/14 at 12:52 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^^What was the issue with the passenger door? The rear door gap on my passenger side is 1/4" compared to all other body gaps that are 3/16". I've looked at many '13-'14 cars since picking mine up, about 1/3 of all the ones I've seen have a large rear passenger door gap, some even larger. Always passenger side, never driver's side. Still bothers me, but I don't really want to start messing with door adjustments.

You have any before/after pics of your panel issues?
Old 7/30/14, 06:54 AM

Thanks Deysha,

Any insite is appreciated. I am still super duper happy with our Mustang. I only have 34 miles on it and hopefully next week the weather is a bit nicer. I don't want to get stuck in rain or storms with it so its just sitting nicely in my shop.

I plan on giving it a nice break in and do a first oil change at 500 miles (we use to change oil after first dyno session on engines I build), so it's tough for me to go even that long LOL!

I've already cleaned it head to toe with Mist n Shine and have adjusted body panels to be near perfect!

I still have all the plastic on it and enjoy looking at it everyday like I'm checking it out at the dealer! Once I break the seal, it will never be brand new again

Thanks again to Deysha and themustangsource for such a nice forum and resource, really made this thread fun watching it start in late 2012 til now!

Long live the 2014 MY! I call it the real 50th Mustangs!
You’re welcome, Turbo302. I don’t see anything about it, so I’m going to need you to make an appointment with your dealer and get this looked at. Also, PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this if needed.

Deysha
Old 11/2/14, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sad to see this thread is dead, but thought with the car now in hibernation for the winter, the wait starts again, so for old time's sake...

Was a great summer for me. People ask me how I like the car, and I tell them, "Best decision I've ever made." Would I have done anything differently? I don't think so. Maybe held back a bit on some of the parts I got before the car finally arrived. But the car makes me happy. Pretty much any issue that leaves me in a sour mood can be solved with a drive. The car makes me feel special. It's a car that has quirks that you can develop a man-machine relationship with. And now I can't wait for spring.
Old 11/2/14, 09:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Today it's snowing and it's the final reminder the season is ovah! I'm waiting one more week. I have Veterans Day off and I'm going for my first oil change. Then back home for a wash and out the cover in her.

I miss this thread so I go to the 2015 counterpart to watch the excitement.
Old 11/2/14, 10:35 AM
GT Member

i enjoyed my 2014, but just 5 days ago i took delivery on my 2015 GT. car is so different. I love it.
Old 11/2/14, 12:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I forgot to add that there is a plus to storing the car for a few months. They'll be that day in April when the temp rises and the sun feels warm and you know the weather broke and it's on! That day I'll drop the top and start installing all the mods I got over the winter.
Old 11/2/14, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
I forgot to add that there is a plus to storing the car for a few months. They'll be that day in April when the temp rises and the sun feels warm and you know the weather broke and it's on! That day I'll drop the top and start installing all the mods I got over the winter.
I have mods sitting on my living room floor waiting to be installed because I never have time
Old 11/3/14, 04:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

There's that too. The more money I make to buy all the toys I want the less time I have to play with them.
Old 11/3/14, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Sad to see this thread is dead, but thought with the car now in hibernation for the winter, the wait starts again, so for old time's sake... ...
I miss this thread so I go to the 2015 counterpart to watch the excitement.
I miss this thread too, guys. It was always firing up with something new.

Be sure you guys keep them babies stored nice and neat until spring time.

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
i enjoyed my 2014, but just 5 days ago i took delivery on my 2015 GT. car is so different. I love it.
Glad you’re enjoying your new baby, disneyfun1!

Deysha
Old 11/4/14, 07:12 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I miss biting my nails waiting for a Deysha PM with any news no matter how small.

Next Mustang...
Old 11/4/14, 12:42 PM

I miss biting my nails waiting for a Deysha PM with any news no matter how small.

Next Mustang...
I was about to say, make sure you place another order next year, VidPro. Lol!

Deysha
Old 11/5/14, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Be sure you guys keep them babies stored nice and neat until spring time.

Deysha
No WAY! Snow time is FUN TIME!
Old 11/5/14, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
No WAY! Snow time is FUN TIME!
Lol! If you say so, Mrsuitcase!

Deysha
Old 11/6/14, 08:29 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Lol! If you say so, Mrsuitcase!

Deysha

My 2000 GT (no snow tires) was a nightmare in the snow. My heart would miss a beat if I saw one flake fall. A couple of times with barely the ground being white I hardly was able to make it home. The cursing I would do trying to get home would make a drunken sailor blush.
Old 11/7/14, 07:28 AM

My 2000 GT (no snow tires) was a nightmare in the snow. My heart would miss a beat if I saw one flake fall. A couple of times with barely the ground being white I hardly was able to make it home. The cursing I would do trying to get home would make a drunken sailor blush.
Oh man! I think I'll stick to Florida's bipolar weather, VidPro ...

Deysha
Old 11/8/14, 11:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

One last weekend with her. I figured a final engine detail would be in order. Tuesday I have off so I go get my storage oil change and that's it. Wait for April and buy mods over the winter.

Name:  771ADAE2-B41C-4361-B622-2FA103DD4362_zpsmgye3ah8.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  165.4 KB

Last edited by VidPro; 11/8/14 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread