Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang with SelectShift Question

Old 7/29/13, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can keep your foot on the gas while using select shift, running through the gears. In terms of RPMs and when to shift, I just do it when it sounds/feels correct. It's very fun, and when you run into traffic, just move the shifter to the automatic D position (even while underway) and you'll be back in full-auto. I really like the system and appreciate it while driving into deep Los Angeles traffic. Mileage would probably be a little worse with the select shift than full-auto. But for me its negligible v. the fun factor.
Old 7/29/13, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETBassJr
You can keep your foot on the gas while using select shift, running through the gears. In terms of RPMs and when to shift, I just do it when it sounds/feels correct. It's very fun, and when you run into traffic, just move the shifter to the automatic D position (even while underway) and you'll be back in full-auto. I really like the system and appreciate it while driving into deep Los Angeles traffic. Mileage would probably be a little worse with the select shift than full-auto. But for me its negligible v. the fun factor.
alright i get it now thank you very much!

Unfortunately i have to deal with deep los angeles traffic almost everyday.. Id leave, but my job is pretty good so im stuck lol
Old 2/5/15, 05:02 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know if this is normal and 2 years of owning it only recently i started using it. When i put my shifter in S and drive letting the computer shift for me, i notice when i brake rpm goes up about 300 when it downshifts.
Old 2/6/15, 08:44 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
You are obviously going to the wrong dealer or getting the wrong salesman if they are looking down their nose at you for wanting an automatic so you should just go to another dealer or salesman.

It won't damage anything by switching between manual(sport) mode and automatic mode at any time, either mode will just take over for the other as you change.

Automatic is great for drag racing too, much easier to launch.
Yep.

When my dealer asked why I wanted an Auto, I told them flat out that it's because the manual transmissions in these cars are weak and I'm often in traffic. That was the end of that conversation and they weren't smirking, they went out and found me an Auto without asking anymore questions and treated me right.