Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Old 11/20/10, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Differences that I see (for those who don't feel like poring over the PDF) (BOSS and V6 stuff excluded):

• Lava Red interior, which appears to be a standard black interior with red door inserts and seat stripes
  • Stone interior is changing to mirror the Lava Red interior above, with Stone door inserts and stripes
And that's what I see. If you see something else, or different, post it up.
The way I understand the Stone interior is that it is now like the Saddle. The door inserts and seats are now Stone and the rest is Charcoal (black). I don't believe there are any stripes involved.

The Lava, I'm not so sure about. It says: "Lava Red door inserts and leather seat inserts." My guess is that the center section inserts of the seats will be Lava Red, while the side bolsters will be Charcoal (black). Of course, that's just my interpretation and it could be totally wrong.
Old 11/20/10, 02:14 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by tvrbob
The way I understand the Stone interior is that it is now like the Saddle. The door inserts and seats are now Stone and the rest is Charcoal (black). I don't believe there are any stripes involved.

The Lava, I'm not so sure about. It says: "Lava Red door inserts and leather seat inserts." My guess is that the center section inserts of the seats will be Lava Red, while the side bolsters will be Charcoal (black). Of course, that's just my interpretation and it could be totally wrong.
I would tend to go with this interpretation, as the Lava Red seats come only with the 400A seats.
Old 11/20/10, 09:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Yes, pricing for all 2012 Mustangs is out now. Anything in particular you want to know?

how much is the 12 v6 with pp, over the 11?
Old 11/20/10, 09:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by armyguy239
how much is the 12 v6 with pp, over the 11?
'11 V6 w/ PP MSRP = $24,990.
'12 V6 w/ PP MSRP = $24,990.

Wow, no change in MSRP! Nice!
Old 11/20/10, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Brian, or anyone in the biz,,quick question. I am looking to order a 12' GT premium. I want to recieve it in April next year (so it is not just sitting in my garage all winter) Should I place the order now or wait until Jan? I thought I read that production would start Jan 18th. I am a "newbie" so I am not sure how the job schedule works. Thoughts suggestions? Thanks...
Will
Old 11/20/10, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Brian, or anyone in the biz,,quick question. I am looking to order a 12' GT premium. I want to recieve it in April next year (so it is not just sitting in my garage all winter) Should I place the order now or wait until Jan? I thought I read that production would start Jan 18th. I am a "newbie" so I am not sure how the job schedule works. Thoughts suggestions? Thanks...
Will
Hi, Will. It's hard to specifically order a car for a specific delivery timeline - especially this early in the 2012 ordering process. That said, I'd suggest that you order in late January to get your car by April.
Old 11/20/10, 09:43 PM
V6 Member

'11 V6 w/ PP MSRP = $24,990.
'12 V6 w/ PP MSRP = $24,990.

Wow, no change in MSRP! Nice!

24? oh wait i forgot to say the v6 premium..either ways, sweet i gotta tell the person in charge of my order,they put an estimate that my 12 'stang would like an extra 1000 something, they had thought there was going to be an increase in price
Old 11/20/10, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks,,I was just trying to time it right. Appreciate the advice!
Old 11/20/10, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by armyguy239
24? oh wait i forgot to say the v6 premium..either ways, sweet i gotta tell the person in charge of my order,they put an estimate that my 12 'stang would like an extra 1000 something, they had thought there was going to be an increase in price
As noted in the other thread, the premium V6 went up $200 from '11 to '12. A '12 Premium V6 coupe with the PP has an MSRP of $28,890.
Old 11/21/10, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

Off-topic, but dead interesting..

Has anybody final infomation whether Canadian GT with MT are "bothered" by skip-shift or not?

Thx.
Old 11/22/10, 07:03 AM

Yes, pricing for all 2012 Mustangs is out now. Anything in particular you want to know?
Does CONCEPS work for you? When I try to price a 2012 I get a "Vehicle not available for Job 1 orders" message and the prices aren't showing. I'm guessing FDAF etc are the same as '11, but I don't trust Ford for that.
Old 11/22/10, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 02Tbird
Does CONCEPS work for you? When I try to price a 2012 I get a "Vehicle not available for Job 1 orders" message and the prices aren't showing. I'm guessing FDAF etc are the same as '11, but I don't trust Ford for that.
CONCEPS is working fine for me, but there is still no pricing for '12 Mustangs showing there and I'm getting the same message that you noted above. All the '12 orders I've already placed show "COMPAT" for a status (compatibility error) so that tells me that the order banks still aren't actually open even though we can enter orders.
Old 11/22/10, 08:07 AM

CONCEPS is working fine for me, but there is still no pricing for '12 Mustangs showing there and I'm getting the same message that you noted above. All the '12 orders I've already placed show "COMPAT" for a status (compatibility error) so that tells me that the order banks still aren't actually open even though we can enter orders.
Ok, thanks, thats exactly what I've got. I was worried since the Fleet DNB showed the order bank was supposed to open back on the 8th.
Old 11/22/10, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
if i missed this im sorry but does anyone know what the lava red metallic looks like or have a color patch of it?? interested to know how it compares to previous metallic reds on mustangs.
Old 11/22/10, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
if i missed this im sorry but does anyone know what the lava red metallic looks like or have a color patch of it?? interested to know how it compares to previous metallic reds on mustangs.
It's posted somewhere here or in another thread, but the quickest way to find it is to Google: Harley-Davidson F-150 Lava Red images
Old 11/22/10, 10:25 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone posted a pic of a Raptor in Lava Red somewhere.

It is a very dark red, nothing like any previous Ford red.
Old 11/22/10, 10:41 AM

The 2010 Harley F-150 was available in this color. The pictures don't show you what it really looks like. It looks black and is very dark, sometimes it will have a purple hue. However its one that as you (or it) drives buy you catch a glimse of Red to draw your attention. It really looks different at different angles. No way to describe it or show pictures, best bet is to find a 2010 Harley F-150 and see it in person (on a sunny day preferably as it looks flat on a cloudy day).

http://twe01.build.sitebuilderservic...target=tlx_new

Old 11/22/10, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 02Tbird
The 2010 Harley F-150 was available in this color. The pictures don't show you what it really looks like. It looks black and is very dark, sometimes it will have a purple hue. However its one that as you (or it) drives buy you catch a glimse of Red to draw your attention. It really looks different at different angles. No way to describe it or show pictures, best bet is to find a 2010 Harley F-150 and see it in person (on a sunny day preferably as it looks flat on a cloudy day).

So kind of like the red version of Kona Blue? If that makes any sense...
Old 11/22/10, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DJ 88 FAN
So kind of like the red version of Kona Blue? If that makes any sense...

Moreso than the Kona. The Kona is still blue in sunlight, this one seems even darker and closer to black. Last one we had sat on the front row and you'd think it was black and then as you went buy you'd catch a glace of red and wonder. If you'd watch as you drove by you could see it switch as the light changed.
Old 11/22/10, 05:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Differences that I see (for those who don't feel like poring over the PDF) (BOSS and V6 stuff excluded):

• Visors come with illuminated vanity mirrors
  • Home-link on Premium trims (FINALLY)
  • Lava Red interior, which appears to be a standard black interior with red door inserts and seat stripes
  • Stone interior is changing to mirror the Lava Red interior above, with Stone door inserts and stripes
  • Glass roof now available with Stone (I assume that's grey?) interior
  • Security package now comes with either a reverse-sensing system or HIDs (two separate packages), and a third package for BOTH HIDs AND RSS.
  • Selectable-effort EPAS (Comfort, Normal, Sport) (wonder if this can be programmed for '11s as well? I mean, it's all electric, right?)
  • 3.55,3.73, and Brembo remain available only on manuals
  • Engine and both transmissions have stars next to them, indicating they are new for this model year. Don't know what this means.
  • 2-way adjustable head rests don't have a star next to them, indicating they are the same as on '11s.
And that's what I see. If you see something else, or different, post it up.

That selectable-effort EPAS might be worth changing my order to a 2012 for. I don't know yet.
I would have had homelink, stone inserts, visor lights, AND the EPAS tuning thingy. Blast!

Oh well, improvement was imminent

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?