Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 Mustang Price List NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/10, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, have you priced out an Evo X or an STI recently? These cars ARE NOT CHEAP!! A new Evo X will run $40K and an STI just under $40K with most equipment in them!!! And kids are buying them anyhow!!!
I was thinking compared to more like the WRX, Mazdaspeed 3, Cobalt SS, etc. Yah STI/EVO are way up there.
Old 1/18/10, 04:28 PM
V6 Member

I called a local Ford dealer and got their pricing: $22k for V6 and $28.5k for GT (base, no options, tax not included).

What is the difference between a base Mustang and Mustang Premium? What do you get? All I can come up with is leather trim interior, Shaker 500 sound system, SYNC electronics, Interior Upgrade Package, and Sport Appearance Package -- all things I can live without (and actually prefer cloth seats over leather). Am I missing something?

<soapbox>Regarding price creep, Americans keep electing politicians who establish and advocate inflationary mechanisms: the government's central bank (Woodrow Wilson established the Federal Reserve Bank in 1913) and fiat money (FDR/Nixon detached gold from the dollar in the 1930s/1970s). Thus politicians have been printing dollars out of thin air since the early 1970s to buy votes (and pocket some loot). This action debases all existing currency in our bank accounts and forces savers to pay for politicians' actions via our dollars purchasing less and less across time.

America did not have a central bank for decades in the 1800s and kept the dollar attached to gold. Hence there was zero inflation for much of the 1800s and the price of a bond issued in the early 1800s held the same real value by the late 1800s. The only exception was when Abraham Lincoln counterfeited money (Greenbacks) to pay for the Civil War. That action destroyed the currency. For more on this, check out Peter Schiff or Ron Paul. They are politicians working to end the Fed, attach the dollar to commodity money (gold or silver) and stop the government's reckless spending. These actions will end unnatural inflation so a Mustang purchased in 2010 will cost the same as one purchased in 2014 and beyond.</soapbox>

Last edited by Fireball1; 1/18/10 at 04:31 PM.
Old 1/18/10, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fireball1
I called a local Ford dealer and got their pricing: $22k for V6 and $28.5k for GT (base, no options, tax not included).

What is the difference between a base Mustang and Mustang Premium? What do you get? All I can come up with is leather trim interior, Shaker 500 sound system, SYNC electronics, Interior Upgrade Package, and Sport Appearance Package -- all things I can live without (and actually prefer cloth seats over leather). Am I missing something?

<soapbox>Regarding price creep, Americans keep electing politicians who establish and advocate inflationary mechanisms: the government's central bank (Woodrow Wilson established the Federal Reserve Bank in 1913) and fiat money (FDR/Nixon detached gold from the dollar in the 1930s/1970s). Thus politicians have been printing dollars out of thin air since the early 1970s to buy votes (and pocket some loot). This action debases all existing currency in our bank accounts and forces savers to pay for politicians' actions via our dollars purchasing less and less across time.

America did not have a central bank for decades in the 1800s and kept the dollar attached to gold. Hence there was zero inflation for much of the 1800s and the price of a bond issued in the early 1800s held the same real value by the late 1800s. The only exception was when Abraham Lincoln counterfeited money (Greenbacks) to pay for the Civil War. That action destroyed the currency. For more on this, check out Peter Schiff or Ron Paul. They are politicians working to end the Fed, attach the dollar to commodity money (gold or silver) and stop the government's reckless spending. These actions will end unnatural inflation so a Mustang purchased in 2010 will cost the same as one purchased in 2014 and beyond.</soapbox>
ummm no. An economic debate is a valid thing to have in another section of the forum, but I think we can all agree that the increase of more than $5,000 from just a couple years ago is far more than the pace of inflation, whether that inflation is caused by a devalued/detached currency or not. Also, being in a recession, we are seeing deflation at current, not inflation, so that should be even less of a factor:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/us/14colorado.html

Last edited by jedikd; 1/18/10 at 04:36 PM.
Old 1/18/10, 04:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its the price of a 412hp engine from the factory. Including 6spd tranny, sync, etc....Why is everyone sounding surprised? The challenger and camaro offer similar features and cost more.

The Mustang is still a performance bargain, just in V6 trim. The V8 is still a good value (IMO the best compared to ite competitors) but good value does not mean its cheap
Old 1/18/10, 05:07 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Its the price of a 412hp engine from the factory. Including 6spd tranny, sync, etc....Why is everyone sounding surprised? The challenger and camaro offer similar features and cost more.

The Mustang is still a performance bargain, just in V6 trim. The V8 is still a good value (IMO the best compared to ite competitors) but good value does not mean its cheap
I agree. And the price will continue to increase as more features (incl mandatory safety features) and more advanced engineering (incl mandatory mileage improvements) are offered. Like the 2011. Economies of scale and long term production (recouping engineering & start up costs) can only counter by so much.

and... although there are sectors that are deflating, overall the Fed reports some inflation at present (Treasury reported 3.06 CPI-U on 11.1.09). http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/...esandterms.htm
Also, while gold bugs blame inflation on printing money, inflation is also dictated by supply and demand... too many dollars chasing too few goods. Case in point - why Stealerships get away with ADM's on very new or limited production vehicles.
And a recession does not always mean deflation... 70's had stagflation and that's a threat going forward.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/18/10 at 05:12 PM.
Old 1/18/10, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread was mentioned on LLN.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-for...ing-leaks.html
Old 1/18/10, 05:35 PM
Cobra R Member

here also...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/18/2...t-from-22-995/
Old 1/18/10, 05:35 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Its the price of a 412hp engine from the factory. Including 6spd tranny, sync, etc....Why is everyone sounding surprised?
That's an excellent point. The performance upgrades are fairly priced as well, compared to the aftermarket which would be more than double the costs.
Old 1/18/10, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
...we are seeing deflation at current, not inflation...
A gallon of gasoline cost $1.25 in January 2000. A gallon of gasoline costs $2.75 in January 2010. A gallon of gasoline will likely cost over $3.00 later this year.

An ounce of gold cost $279 in January 2000. An ounce of gold costs $1,137 in January 2010. An ounce of gold will likely cost over $1,200 later this year.

Ditto for other commodities: silver, oil, steel, etc.

You call this deflation?

We are talking about the price increase of the 2011 Mustang in this thread, so it is relevant to reveal the hidden factors that have driven up the cost of a Mustang from $3k in the 1960s to $30k today.

The cost of basic commodities used to build and transport new Mustangs from factories to dealers have risen relentlessly due to politicians' shenanigans:

1. Politicians debasing currency to garner votes, power, wealth.

2. Politicians supporting labor unions to garner votes and favors.

3. Politicians creating regulations on businesses to garner power and influence.

These three factors -- currency debasement, labor unions* and regulations -- have driven up the cost of manufacturing and industrial production in America. As long as Americans vote for politicians who support these, they will pay more and more for their cars (and everything else).

*I'm not against labor unions per se so long as membership is voluntary and government does not stand behind them, propping them up via coercion and tax dollars.
Old 1/18/10, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Jeff...can you still order a Mustang and then travel to the assembly plant and watch your car come to life?
Old 1/18/10, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
The base GT coupe will reportedly crack the $30,000 barrier for the first time with an MSRP of $30,495 including destination. That's $1,250 more than a 2010 GT and $1,300 cheaper than a 1SS Camaro.

Has anyone considered that the 2011s went up in price in part because their competition is more expensive and the Camaro's sales have proven people will pay more?
Old 1/18/10, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Hey Jeff...can you still order a Mustang and then travel to the assembly plant and watch your car come to life?
Yeah right !
Old 1/18/10, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Can you pass whatever you are smoking? 2010 interior blows away both the Camaro and Challenger.
I believe he was talking about 2005-2009.
Old 1/19/10, 07:18 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Where's the 2011 order guide? Jeff are you there.......
Old 1/19/10, 07:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
I just checked and Ford has not released the 2011 Order Guide yet. And, strangely, the 2011 Price List that had released a couple days ago has been removed by Ford at the dealers' only website.
Old 1/19/10, 07:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey bud, I'm here now!! Was out this morning taking care of a health issue (lab work for my transplant). But like Brian just posted, ITS NOT AVAILABLE YET!!!
Old 1/19/10, 07:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys and gals, one thing that I find VERY peculiar, is when I checked for the Order Guide, the Price List that I have above has been REMOVED from the Ford Dealer website. Its no longer there!!

I hope I didn't make someone in Dearborn mad at me!!!!
Old 1/19/10, 07:57 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I hope I didn't make someone in Dearborn mad at me!!!!
I hope not as well. Bottom line= If they want people to order/buy Mustangs, the information has to come out sooner or later. I know I appreciate any information you pass on to us. Maybe they are updating the pricing to reflect some new codes they are putting in the order guide? We still like you 05fordgt.
Old 1/19/10, 08:50 AM

Maybe they saw how we were reacting to the prices, and they deceided to lower them! lol

I guess we can always hope?

Originally Posted by Qrazy
I hope not as well. Bottom line= If they want people to order/buy Mustangs, the information has to come out sooner or later. I know I appreciate any information you pass on to us. Maybe they are updating the pricing to reflect some new codes they are putting in the order guide? We still like you 05fordgt.
Old 1/19/10, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Maybe they saw how we were reacting to the prices, and they deceided to lower them! lol

I guess we can always hope?
If they do maybe I can afford the glass roof.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang Price List NOW AVAILABLE!!!