2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'14 Difference In Security Options

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/13, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 Difference In Security Options

I noticed that the Ford website added a "Vehicle Security System" to the Mustang build page under Accessories. At least I didn't notice it the past 500 times I visited the site trying to decide on options.

Anybody know if its the same alarm that come with the "Reverse Sensing System and Security Package?" Sounds similar.

I wanted to get a factory alarm with the car but the Reverse Sensor seems redundant if you're getting the nav /w backup camera.
Old 5/6/13, 03:14 PM

I believe that it is. It seems that some of the options that are included in other packages are split out for those who want them separately.

I went through something similar with the illuminated door sills. I wanted the tacked on as an option as it is listed on the accessories page right next to the security system, but it turns out that the illuminated sills are a standard feature if you get the Premium package.
Old 5/6/13, 03:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Crazy, I'm not sure. I do know the one that comes with the reverse sensing/security system has a sensor to detect if the car is not level, and in the convertible there are motion sensors. If I were guessing I would say those things don't come with the regular system. I only say this because I know the systems in the F-150's are different.

Also, the reverse sensing is a good thing to have. You cannot be watching the reverse camera the entire time you are backing. You know how busy parking lots can be at times. I was backing, took my eye off the camera to see where the front of the car was, and a lady walked right behind the car. The sensors sounded, and I stopped thinking WTH. There she was, oblivious to the world. Just my .02 cents.

You can contact "Deysha", our Ford rep. here. She is great, and can tell you for sure.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/6/13 at 03:32 PM.
Old 5/6/13, 03:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford offers a aftermarket alarm, dealer installed. They offered it to me when I bought my car, think it was like $495 installed, I let them keep it, can do better for less elsewhere.

I also doubt that it is the same as the factory installed option.

If you don't want the backup sensors, then just get an alarm installed from a specialty shop after you get the car.
Old 5/7/13, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Originally Posted by wanted33
Also, the reverse sensing is a good thing to have. You cannot be watching the reverse camera the entire time you are backing. You know how busy parking lots can be at times. I was backing, took my eye off the camera to see where the front of the car was, and a lady walked right behind the car. The sensors sounded, and I stopped thinking WTH. There she was, oblivious to the world. Just my .02 cents.
Never had the sensors before, but yes its amazing how many people just pop up on the screen etc totally oblivious the the backup lights.

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Ford offers a aftermarket alarm, dealer installed. They offered it to me when I bought my car, think it was like $495 installed, I let them keep it, can do better for less elsewhere.

I also doubt that it is the same as the factory installed option.

If you don't want the backup sensors, then just get an alarm installed from a specialty shop after you get the car.

If its just a Ford alarm that the dealer puts in for 500 (parts + labor) then I might as well just spend a little more and get the full sensor pkg from the factory.

I really wanted to stay away from an aftermarket alarm this time. Spent good money on getting a nice alarm put in my 08' G35S (R.I.P) and it just never really integrated into the car well. Way to many headaches.

Thanks again all.
Old 5/7/13, 08:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyStand
I noticed that the Ford website added a "Vehicle Security System" to the Mustang build page under Accessories. At least I didn't notice it the past 500 times I visited the site trying to decide on options.
Anybody know if its the same alarm that come with the "Reverse Sensing System and Security Package?" Sounds similar.
I wanted to get a factory alarm with the car but the Reverse Sensor seems redundant if you're getting the nav /w backup camera.
Crazy, I'm not sure. I do know the one that comes with the reverse sensing/security system has a sensor to detect if the car is not level, and in the convertible there are motion sensors. If I were guessing I would say those things don't come with the regular system. I only say this because I know the systems in the F-150's are different.

You can contact "Deysha", our Ford rep. here. She is great, and can tell you for sure.

Welcome to the forum.
The sensors are great for night time as well, as the camera not so much, CrazyStand. I see stories like, wanted33’s all the time. The alarm system is the same as the factory one as well.

Thanks for the support, wanted33!

Deysha
Old 5/7/13, 09:14 AM

Thanks for answering another question of mine Deysha. Such a huge help.
Old 5/7/13, 10:56 AM

Thanks for answering another question of mine Deysha. Such a huge help.
Awwwe! Thanks and you're welcome!

Deysha
Old 5/12/13, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
The sensors are great for night time as well, as the camera not so much, CrazyStand. I see stories like, wanted33’s all the time. The alarm system is the same as the factory one as well.

Thanks for the support, wanted33!

Deysha

Your still the best Deysha. And, I didn't even think about nighttime with the camera. So true.
Old 5/12/13, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I added the factory sensors to me car just the other day. I was backing into a parking spot today and was very surprised that it even alerted as I got close to the curb.
Old 5/12/13, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, for most cars Deysha is absolutely right about the backup camera - two little reverse lights don't give you much light to work with.

The Mustang, however, has four bright-*** backup lamps, and combined with the six bright-*** brake lamps that are on at least half-way (since it's night, you have at least your parking lamps on, right?), there is absolutely more than enough light for the backup camera to work with.

That having been said, though, I have both the camera and the back-up sensors, and very much like having both. Something about multiple independent backups... get it? Backup sensors? HAH!
Old 5/12/13, 10:53 PM

Ha thanks for the extra info. My infiniti had a great night backup camera before said camera and rest of the rear was crushed by a jetta. Deysha had me a little worried the mustangs was horrible at night.
Old 5/15/13, 06:25 AM

Your still the best Deysha. And, I didn't even think about nighttime with the camera. So true.
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
FWIW, for most cars Deysha is absolutely right about the backup camera - two little reverse lights don't give you much light to work with.
The Mustang, however, has four bright backup lamps, and combined with the six bright brake lamps that are on at least half-way (since it's night, you have at least your parking lamps on, right?), there is absolutely more than enough light for the backup camera to work with.

That having been said, though, I have both the camera and the back-up sensors, and very much like having both. Something about multiple independent backups... get it? Backup sensors? HAH!
Ha thanks for the extra info. My infiniti had a great night backup camera before said camera and rest of the rear was crushed by a jetta. Deysha had me a little worried the mustangs was horrible at night.
LOL! You’re welcome, guys! Thanks for the vivid detail, hawkeye18. You’re right, but the night thing was my personal opinion. I do feel it helps at night time.

Deysha
Old 5/15/13, 09:40 PM

I can tell you now, my first thought when I bought a mustang with backup sensors was, really is this an SUV? Here it is a week and a half later and wow I'm glad I have them...gotta get them man!
Old 5/15/13, 10:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fivepointgo
I can tell you now, my first thought when I bought a mustang with backup sensors was, really is this an SUV? Here it is a week and a half later and wow I'm glad I have them...gotta get them man!
I love them. I've almost hit a bicycle and even a half broken post in the ground that was lower than my line of sight. I also like the display telling me the sensors are activated. It lets me be sure I'm in reverse. Great feature!