Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 By Color > Vista Blue
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12/18/07, 4:05 PM   #1
GT Member

Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?

As the title says, I looking for some pics of Vista Blue stangs with White or Silver rally stripes. Looking to get some painted on, or looking at the BSM vinyl kit till I got them painted on. Thanks!!
06' Premium GT Automatic, American Racing LT's with catted X pipe, Cervini's side exhaust w/ magnaflow mufflers, 20" Chrome cobra style rims, BBR motor mounts, FRPP 3.73 gears, C&L Racer CAI with SCT Xcal2 Tunes from BamaChips and VMPtuning.
travelinchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 4:21 PM   #2
Cobra Member

Matt

06 S197 GT
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=35039

Here is a journal of Adrenalin's car, he had the vinyl and eventually got them painted as you go to the higher page numbers

GO: JBA Longtube Headers & H-Pipe : Hurst Shifter : JLT II CAI : FRPP Stingers : FRPP CMDP's : Bamachips 92R Tune :

SUSPENSION: BMR LCA's : BMR Relocation Brackets, Eibach Pro Lowering Springs (Rear), BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar and Support

WAITING FOR A SUNNY DAY...... Eibach Pro Springs(fronts) : Shaker Hood
officespace56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 4:32 PM   #3
NTTAWWT

David

04 Sonic Blue GT
Garage
they definately look better painted on, but vinyl is cheaper

Founder - I Hate priuses Coalition - TMS Chapter

Quote:
"Mmmm, we have everything we need...scenery, swooping road, no traffic...the Holy Trinity for anyone who's Communion wine comes with an Octane rating. - Jezza
StangMahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 4:35 PM   #4
Cobra Member

Matt

06 S197 GT
I think they look equally good if I see them on the street, but you can definately tell if you walk by the car in person.

GO: JBA Longtube Headers & H-Pipe : Hurst Shifter : JLT II CAI : FRPP Stingers : FRPP CMDP's : Bamachips 92R Tune :

SUSPENSION: BMR LCA's : BMR Relocation Brackets, Eibach Pro Lowering Springs (Rear), BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar and Support

WAITING FOR A SUNNY DAY...... Eibach Pro Springs(fronts) : Shaker Hood
officespace56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 5:44 PM   #5
Juggs Wapner WannaBe
TMS Staff

See username

Go to the Appearance section here and you'll find many examples, including my own.

Upon the warp we ride......

Last edited by tom281; 3/8/08 at 4:17 PM.
tom281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 6:57 PM   #6
GT Member

Check out EBay for the 2008 Shelby GT. It is Vista Blue with silver stripes.

Mods: Tint, vanity plate (1QWKGT), rocker stripes, Hurst shifter, Flowmaster American Thunder system, Cragar SS 18 X 9's with Nitto 555 255/45 X18's.
NuPony05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/07, 7:16 PM   #7
Team Mustang Source

habu

a car
Garage
Vista Blue w/White Vinyl 10" stripes. I would love to have them painted. Went with the vinyl because I wasn't sure I'd fall in love with them. I have and now eventually I'll get them painted.

So.... I went from this :
Click the image to open in full size.

To This:

Old 12/18/07, 8:05 PM   #8
Mach 1 Member

Ben

2010 Pony Package 'Vert
Send a message via MSN to hhbh720
Quote:
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Cool, I can see my apartment from there!!!

Oh, and the stripes look great!
hhbh720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 5:16 AM   #9
V6 Member

John

2007 Mustang GT
Here's a picture of mine with the 10" BSM vinyl stripes.

Exterior | CDC Chin Spoiler | Street Scene Center Fog Light Grille | CDC Smooth Hood Scoop | GT500 Rear Bumper & Rear Spoiler | Silver Horse Racing Louvers | BSM 10" Stripes | Shorty Antenna | Window Tint | Moss Mustang Slotted Taillight Covers | Zenon Rear Blackout Panel | CDC Sequential Taillights | Red Painted Calipers | Cobalt Hood Lift Kit | Midwest Radiator Extensions
Interior | Grand Designs Headrest Wraps | FRPP Floor Mats | Moleskin Tint Protector | Passport 8500
Performance | FRPP X-Pipe & GTA's | FRPP Handling Pack | C&L CAI w/ Bamachips 92 Octane Torque | Shelby GT-500 Rims and Falken 255/45-18's | Hurst Shifter
2K7 Vista GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 6:16 AM   #10
Cobra Member

07 GT - Alloy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7 Vista GT View Post
Here's a picture of mine with the 10" BSM vinyl stripes.

John your GT looks outstanding, that Blue is fantastic and I love the SHR louvers.

Brian your GT looks incredible also, making me rethink whether I should have gone the blue route vs the Ally Grey I ended up with.
Old 12/19/07, 6:23 AM   #11
GT Member

Looks sweet!!
06' Premium GT Automatic, American Racing LT's with catted X pipe, Cervini's side exhaust w/ magnaflow mufflers, 20" Chrome cobra style rims, BBR motor mounts, FRPP 3.73 gears, C&L Racer CAI with SCT Xcal2 Tunes from BamaChips and VMPtuning.
travelinchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 6:26 AM   #12
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Send a message via MSN to AFBLUE
Open the excel spreadsheet located in post 1 and scroll down to Vista Blue.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48348
Click on the hyperlinks for the blue and white/silver cars.

Some direct links
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=183
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=184
I just got this Vista Blue with Silver stripes.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gallery_221_83_201881-1-.jpg  
Old 12/19/07, 8:08 AM   #13
GT Member

2007 Mustang GT
I am still sitting on the fence about doing this... thanks for the pics.....
I think it's gonna stay naked....for now.
Old 12/19/07, 9:30 AM   #14
Mach 1 Member

My old pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-beach1.jpg   Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-beach2.jpg  
Old 12/19/07, 10:57 AM   #15
Team Mustang Source

Send a message via AIM to MaverickMLFD371 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickMLFD371
i have the BSM kit on my sonic blue. white stripes. i was happy with it for the first year and a half, later on it developed dirt and surface scratches and its very noticeable on the stripes. when 08 comes along, my vinyls will be ripped off and the stripes will be painted on.

your better off getting painted....

495 RWHP / 504 RWTQ SAE Corrected @ 11psi
Tuned By Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports
MaverickMLFD371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 11:46 AM   #16

Here is mine with the silver vinyl stripes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...01/mustang.jpg
Old 12/19/07, 12:46 PM   #17
Team Mustang Source

Jeff

2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
Hey Chris, just wanted to add some pics for you. Mine are 10" wide with a 2" gap and are painted. If the funds allow themselves, its the better way to go! They really shine in the sun when they have a few coats of wax on them! And if you are going the painted route, shop around as prices vary ALOT! Hope you like the shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gt1.jpg   Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gt3.jpg   Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gt2.jpg   Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gt5.jpg  

Any Vista Blue's w/ White or Silver Stripes?-gt6.jpg  
Some of my cooler modifications:
Ameriican Racing Longtubes/Airaid CAI/Reflash/ Painted LeMans Stripes/Shelby CS67 Wheels/Ducktail Spoiler/AVIC-D3/Center Foglight Grill/BullittMustang Turned Aluminum Dash Panels/2011 GT500 Leather & Suede Steering Wheel (my fav)/Black-Blue Insert Roush Stage 3 Seats (thanks Shaun)/plus many more!
05fordgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 1:19 PM   #18
Bullitt Member

Here's mine with BSM silver metalic stripes. but alas, they are not on right now due to windstorm damage.I'll be re-installing them in the spring

So far...
FRPP axleback GTA's 17x9 A/R Torq-Thrust M's, Nitto NT450's, Fading rocker stripes, MRT sequential tailights, MRT hood struts, shorty antenna, Astra-hammond front splitter, MWAG strut and radiator covers, A few interior and engine comp. goodies
crucut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 3:52 PM   #19
Team Mustang Source

Jeff

2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
Carl, car is looking SWEET!!! Very classy look. Oh and I gotta ask you (and others), how do you get your picture you attach to be so big? Do I need to save it as a different file type (not a jpeg)? Not as an attachment at all? I'm no computer expert by any means, but if I could post larger pics of my car instead of the little thumbnails, it would be cool. Let me know what I need to do.
Some of my cooler modifications:
Ameriican Racing Longtubes/Airaid CAI/Reflash/ Painted LeMans Stripes/Shelby CS67 Wheels/Ducktail Spoiler/AVIC-D3/Center Foglight Grill/BullittMustang Turned Aluminum Dash Panels/2011 GT500 Leather & Suede Steering Wheel (my fav)/Black-Blue Insert Roush Stage 3 Seats (thanks Shaun)/plus many more!
05fordgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 4:09 PM   #20
Bullitt Member

Here's what I do Jeff. I load the picture onto my photobucket album directly from the camera memory card first, (very easy, just go to photobucket.com, start your own album, then you can store pictures). Under every picture there will be four boxes, using the bottom box marked "img code", left click inside the box to highlight it, then right click and choose "copy" from the menue, then go to you post and right click and choose "paste". That's all there is to it. The code will appear in your draft, but when you post, or preview the picture will be there. Hope that helps. There may even be an easier way that someone else knows, but that's how I do it. feel free to PM me if you hit a snag.

So far...
FRPP axleback GTA's 17x9 A/R Torq-Thrust M's, Nitto NT450's, Fading rocker stripes, MRT sequential tailights, MRT hood struts, shorty antenna, Astra-hammond front splitter, MWAG strut and radiator covers, A few interior and engine comp. goodies
crucut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/07, 4:09 PM