Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Alternative paint schemes.

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/08, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Alternative paint schemes.

Ok, fellow Vista Bluers.

My car is a week old, and already I'm well into planning the demise of my bone-stock lifestyle. So while thinking about what I want to do with the exterior I started thinking about paint.

Originally, I was thinking about Shelby stripes (white, 11" with 1.5" gap or so) but I got to thinking maybe I'd like to do something different (maybe).

I should point out that down the line I'd like to do the GT500 conversion to the front fascia (not the hood).

So has anyone seen pictures of a VB or Sonic with black on the hood instead of stripes, or some other paint scheme? I've only seen one person with a black stripe on the hood.

Or should I just leave it blue? I like the idea of the GT500 bumper cover because of the S197 concept and the GT-R concept.

I guess I'm looking for opinions and pics or links of other stuff that's cool for general food for thought.

Here's the one I saw to start things off. Btw, I don't want to do a KR or split scoop style hood, so I don't think this would work for me, but it's something different anyway.

Old 1/23/08, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I could redo my car, it'd look similar to the Roush 427rs. Probably do a combination of it and the old Bosses with white accents instead of black. But everyone loves my stripes on the car. I'd get them painted instead of vinyl as well. More expensive but better in the long run.
Old 1/23/08, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the car pictured. Clean and different.
Old 1/27/08, 04:31 PM

that will look good

Check out my painted silver stripes on vista blue back ground at cardomain.com under (ybnormal) you can also look at other s197 mustangs there that helps me get a better picture of whats out there.
I liked this and or go with pearl white metalic kinda like the cadilac white that changes color.
In richmond there is a guy with a hoodscoop (cervinies) that has 3/4 of the hood flat black. I have a picture of it but don t know had to shrink it to put on here to see.
enjoy the ride and as lomg as your happy alls well

good luck
Old 1/29/08, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bad stripes, too narrow and color is off.
Old 2/6/08, 05:28 PM
GT Member

I've always wanted the Steeda cowl hood and I believe I might have found an awesome paint job for after the hood install. This is my car before the modding took place that I had Photoshopped. I love this look
Old 2/6/08, 09:47 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^I like that, but I woudnt do it. I think it has just a little bit too much black. Those tires sure are shiny!
Old 2/6/08, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are a couple of shots of another one I found that I liked.

Old 2/7/08, 09:44 PM
Axe

Great shots. I have a VB also, & I'm torn whether I want to go the (hood) superstripe/rear window louvers combo in black, or double white stripes on the hood and a side stripe.....really want the rear louvers, but not sure how that would look with white stripes......on the other hand, I really want a side stripe, but I really like the look of a white side stripe, but Ive never seen a white superstripe hood pic anywhere to see what that would look like either....

Great thing about these cars-so many choices
Bad thing about these cars - so many choices
Old 2/7/08, 09:45 PM
Axe

Incidentally, wheres does one get those style headlights?
Old 2/7/08, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think they might have them at American Muscle, and I know they sell them at Mr.Bodykit. Projector lights. The blue crosspiece on the headlight is separate and I think either made by 3D Carbon or Street Scenes, I think Mr. Bodykit has that too. Not sure how they did the tint in combination with the crosspiece.

Never seen a white super stripe on the hood before either. Not sure how it would look, might be good with white rocker stripes to key off of it, as long as it isn't the only white on the car.

I'm in your boat, which is why I started this thread, to explore the possibilities of VB because there are so many ways you can go with it. Oddly enough, I've been looking at some of the things the Grabber Orange cars are doing with black on their cars, for some reason I can see it working on VB too...
Old 2/8/08, 06:36 AM
Axe

I totally feel your pain. I think the pics above wouldve looked really great with some 1" stripes on the hood also.
Old 2/8/08, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kooldawg6
I've always wanted the Steeda cowl hood and I believe I might have found an awesome paint job for after the hood install. This is my car before the modding took place that I had Photoshopped. I love this look

See like that in white I think could be done well. Too bad I don't have photoshop and even if I did, I'd suck at it. lol
Old 2/8/08, 01:49 PM
GT Member

I have the white rocker stripes on mine. I also wanted to have white Le Mans stripes on it as well. I did the rockers first and after seeing the outcome, I thought the Le Mans would be overkill.