Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/10, 06:16 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KC, I'm so sorry to learn about your son's new struggle. It enrages me that you have to spend your time and energy working to raise funds for his treatment, you should be focusing on spending time with him. I will be sending you money momentarily.

Separately, in solidarity with Andrew may I suggest to the rest of us to consider getting added to a Bone Marrow Registry? The test is quite simple to do, and if you ever get 'the call', you could very likely be saving someone's life.

For information on what's involved and the steps to take, see:

In the US: the Be The Match Registry

In Canada: Canadian Blood Services, or Héma Quebec.

If you do choose to register, be sure to send Kevin a note.

Kevin, I truly hope that you won't need to make use of the registry, but if you do, I'm in the system.

Last edited by PTRocks; 4/14/10 at 06:22 PM.
Old 4/14/10, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry you and your family are having to deal with this again Kevin. My donation has been sent. It's not much but, hopefully it helps in some way.

I also want to say that I'm glad to see all the vendors stepping up even in the bad economy. I got wind of this in my SilverHorse Racing email newsletter. You guys rock!
Old 4/14/10, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

These are some of the topics we wish we would never read, but these thing happen and one's got to face the harsh reality of it. I'm a positive kind of guy and trying hard to transmit some of it to you. Their will be better days ahead i'm sure. All my fellow Canucks and i are all standing behind you in these hard times. I will try you paypal link right now. The least i can do. Keep the faith bro.
Old 4/14/10, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm so sorry and I can only imagine what you're going through. Your family is in my prayers. My donation has been sent.
Old 4/15/10, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks
This is amazing. I can't believe I have never heard of this before. I plan on signing up right away, thank you for the information.

Kevin, here are some more idea's my wife and I thought up last night:
  • A Spaghetti Dinner.
  • Contact your local Rotary Club for assistance (let me know if you need help with this).
  • Some local resturants will offer a kind of profit sharing, ie 20% of your total bill (Max & Erma's does this in Ohio).
  • Do a 50/50 raffle at any fund raiser you do to generate extra cash.
  • Bowling event, talk to local bowling ally's to see if they will set you up with reduced bowling cost and charge 25 a head for bowling and pizza (a group I used to be a member of does this and raises about $4000 a year, let me know if you need details).
  • Start a Facebook Page with details of all these fundraising things you plan.
  • Team up with other parents in your situation to make the fund raisers even more successful.

Good luck!

Chris
Old 4/15/10, 02:01 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
I just wanted to share that I plan on having a website in Andrews Name to help with his struggle & hopefully be able to share some of the Great Idea's and experiences this journey will bring to help others with their cancer. Keep those Idea's coming as they will help others as well.

Mgb,

Kc
Old 4/16/10, 11:28 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kc, your son and family will be in my prayers.

I say when we buy parts from you at the TMS price, we then donate the difference from the full price to help your son
Old 4/16/10, 12:37 PM

UPDATE

My son is coming Home after round one of treatment. His White count is almost back to normal. This is great news as it does not always come back so quickly. He was scheduled for another shot tomorrow morning and I was going to make the 100 Mile Round trip with him. That would basically give him a Day & Half off from the current treatment schedule.

Now he gets the Whole weekend to relax & so does Dad Well sorta for Dad!

The quick response is encouraging and it's great we can relax just a bit from treatment but it changes little in the long term as he will still need the bone marrow transplant. It will likely just accellerate the process.

If he is up to it the Doctor says I can take him to the FFF weekend at Knottsberry Farm. We won't make any Definite plans but so far so good. Down the road when his Immune System is destroyed by the chemo we won't be able to go out in public as he will be suseptible to any germs. I hope he is up to it!

Mgb,

KC

http://www.281motorsports.com/forum/....php?f=57&t=23
FFF INFO

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/16/10 at 12:40 PM.
Old 4/16/10, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for the update Kevin... You guys are in my prayers!
Old 4/16/10, 12:49 PM
FR500 Member

I'm glad to hear he's responding so well. I hope it's indicative of the remaining treatments.
Old 4/16/10, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

KC,

So sorry to hear about your son but glad after the first round things are looking better. Your son will be in our prayers...

Take Care,

Matt
Old 4/17/10, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by jim010
I lost my mother to cancer a few months ago.

I sell e-brake boots for the 05 - 09 Mustangs. I don't make many, but starting now, half of what I sell these for I will donate.
Sorry to hear about your Mother. It's been about 16 Years since mine passed from cancer as well. Dad's been gone 7 he had Alzheimers & Parkinsons.

I really appreciate your pledge. Keep the faith!

Thanks &

MGB,

KC
Old 4/17/10, 12:29 PM

Friday afternoon Treatment, A little Smile. Probably Thinking I can finally get home for a little break after this.

Unfortunetely he has to take all this at home as well.

Mgb,

kc
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewsdoc-61906.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 4/17/10, 03:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KC, I really hope those meds help ease Andrew's pain.

I checked my pay-pal acct today and my donation was sent but for some reason they have it for delivery on the 28th. (odd because last time I checked it said the 16th). In any case I will make sure I get a confirmation once it is competed.

-Rich
Old 4/17/10, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Kevin,Im just today learning of the ordeal. I am a Leukemia survivor of 6 years. I know the drop in the gut feeling, and the relief when the meds help. I still have to go back for periodic blood checks and white cell counts.
I have a few parts that can be sold on ebay, and proceeds to Andrews treatment.
Take care, our prayers go out to you and your family.
Robert
Old 4/19/10, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2005mach1
Kevin,Im just today learning of the ordeal. I am a Leukemia survivor of 6 years. I know the drop in the gut feeling, and the relief when the meds help. I still have to go back for periodic blood checks and white cell counts.
I have a few parts that can be sold on ebay, and proceeds to Andrews treatment.
Take care, our prayers go out to you and your family.
Robert

I am glad to hear of your recovery. We really appreciate your Donation and Prayers. I think the Ebay Parts Sale is a great idea. Feel free to post a link to this Forum like I have in the sig to your ebay auction if you like. I will be posting some Ebay auctions as well with Donated Silver Horse Items and personal Items which I will put towards my sons expenses. I will post a link when I recieve the Items and list.

MGB,

KC
Old 4/19/10, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I remember the final months for my grandfather 3 years ago... We won't let that happen to your son. He's got another 60+ years in him!

An initial Paypal has been sent. Not much, but hopefully, it's just the first of many from the wife and I.
Old 4/19/10, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey KC i am sorry to hear about this man. It is tough cause your son is about the same age as me and it just feels so crazy. I will donate what i can and i will make my next mod purchases from 281.
Old 4/19/10, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Kevin Shared this with me and I think it's worth a read of us all

THE MOUSETRAP...
A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package.
"What food might this contain?" The mouse wondered. He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed this warning :
"There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it."

The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"
The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it "

The mouse turned to the cow and said, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"
The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap
. . . Alone. . .

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house -- the sound Of a mousetrap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did no see it.
It was a venomous snake whose tail was caught in the trap.

The snake bit the farmer's wife.

The farmer rushed her to the hospital. When she returned home she still had a fever. Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup. So the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient.

But his wife's sickness continued. Friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock.
To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig.

But, alas, the farmer's wife did not get well... She died.

So many people came for her funeral that the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them for the funeral luncheon.

And the mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and you think it doesn't concern you,
remember ---

When one of us is threatened, we are all at risk. We are all involved in this journey called life.
We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage one another.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/6/10 at 08:40 AM.
Old 4/19/10, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

In reflection of the mousetrap

We're as much a band of brothers (and sisters) as any.
We may not have fought a war together as our fathers and grandfathers (though many have served), but we share values and passion just the same.
The love of Mustang, which for most of us is more than a car.
Its heritage and craftsmanship, a statement freedom and comradery.

Its what gives a true blue collar boy from the heartlands and a white collar pencil pusher like me reason to share a pint after the Saturday night car show. We know this at the car shows and cruise ins. We need to remember it and act upon it in times like this. Otherwise, what's the point?

Remember the Mustang's Across America special on TV a few years back? There was a 79 y/o Stanger running his Red '65 Coupe. He blew both left tires running over a curb and had no spare. Two younger men, took their spares and put them on this man's car so that he could get to the final stop on the tour.

Next time it might be you or I, but TODAY, Kevin's the man with the flat.

Someone grab a jack!

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle