Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

About to get an EcoBoost

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/14, 07:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
About to get an EcoBoost

The lease is up soon on my 2012 Fusion SEL V6. I'm strongly leaning towards leasing a leftover 2014 Fusion SE with the 1.5 EB and the 201A upgrade package.

I'm seeing some really good deals and leasing incentives on the '14, and it would cost about $30 less per month than an identically equipped '15.

When I got the '12 Fusion it had an MSRP of around $29K, I put no money down and bought a maintainence plan, so it's been costing me big bucks. I'll put down the lease-buy in on a '14 this time and save $160 per month overall, less if I go for the 2.0EB.

I've been agonizing between the 1.5EB and the 2.0EB 240hp which has about 60 more hp than the smaller engine. My '12 Fusion has 220hp, but frankly, even the 2.0EB will feel lame in comparison to my '14 Mustang GT.

The new Fusion will be my grocery getter and bad weather car, one that I won't have to park at the end of the lot like I do the Mustang. And I can take it through a car wash and not worry. I don't think I need 240hp to go to WalMart.

The new style Fusion is a very nice looking car in my opinion, perfect for my needs when the Mustang isn't practical. It's very nicely equipped, and the 201A package upgrades the cloth, and 18" wheels give it a sportier look. I'm leaning towards either Oxford White or Ingot Silver, but Sunset is a wild card color....gotta see one in person.

I still need to test drive the 1.5EB though. Hope to decide right after the new year.

Any thoughts, negative or positive on the Fusion 1.5EB?
Old 12/19/14, 10:00 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I sat in a '14 Fusion SE with EB last week. My mom is contemplating one, but prefers the looks of the mazda 6.

I thought the black fusion was amazing with a very upscale feeling to it. Great sight lines and ample greenhouse.
Old 12/19/14, 10:37 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I sat in a '14 Fusion SE with EB last week. My mom is contemplating one, but prefers the looks of the mazda 6.
Gotta agree with Ma. The Mazda 6 is the best looking car ever to come out of that factory. I briefly considered one.

But the Fusion is no slouch in the looks department, although at a distance it reminds me of a Sonata. Still, I won't have to tint the windows to hide the shame in my face for driving one.

However, I have a long history with Ford...3 leased Fusions, a leased Ranger, and now the Mustang which is owned jointly between me and the bank for several more years. I'll be getting loyalty incentives so it's a no brainer.

Black does look great, but one career keeping a black car clean is enough, thank you very much. I want a color that hides the crap of winter until I can take it through a car wash. I'm religious about keeping my cars clean, even leased ones. But I'll reserve **** for the Mustang.
Old 12/20/14, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I heard good things about last years 1.6 with a 6 speed manual. I never got to drive a current Gen Fusion.
Old 12/22/14, 03:25 PM
FR500 Member

Pulled the trigger today on a leased 2014 Fusion SE 1.5 EB with the 201A package. It also has a moon roof and reverse sensors, neither of which would I have gotten if I ordered the car, but this was out of dealer inventory. Being a '14, it's still about $25 less per month than a '15. The color is Sunset, an orange/copper metallic. I'll take delivery next week. Ford gave me lease loyalty incentives and allowed me to early terminate the lease on my 2012 without penalty.

This is the practical car, the winter and bad weather driver, the car that goes to Walmart and through the car wash. In a sense, I got it as a present to my Mustang.

I suppose I should be excited about a new car, but it's more of a relief because it's something that I had to make a decision about and get business off my plate. I'm very happy with the deal and low monthly payments. But it is a very nice looking car, and the 1.5 EB is ample enough for how I intend to use it.

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 12/22/14 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12/22/14, 04:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I should change the title of this thread to

"Fixin to get an Ecoboost"

Old 12/24/14, 07:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Pulled the trigger today on a leased 2014 Fusion SE 1.5 EB with the 201A package. It also has a moon roof and reverse sensors, neither of which would I have gotten if I ordered the car, but this was out of dealer inventory. Being a '14, it's still about $25 less per month than a '15. The color is Sunset, an orange/copper metallic. I'll take delivery next week. Ford gave me lease loyalty incentives and allowed me to early terminate the lease on my 2012 without penalty. This is the practical car, the winter and bad weather driver, the car that goes to Walmart and through the car wash. In a sense, I got it as a present to my Mustang. I suppose I should be excited about a new car, but it's more of a relief because it's something that I had to make a decision about and get business off my plate. I'm very happy with the deal and low monthly payments. But it is a very nice looking car, and the 1.5 EB is ample enough for how I intend to use it.
What's the monthly? I like Sunset a lot and wish they offered it on the Mustang!
Old 12/30/14, 05:19 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
What's the monthly? I like Sunset a lot and wish they offered it on the Mustang!
I just got it yesterday. It's not a bad ride overall. I surprised with the 1.5 EB....it has a decent amount of power and is ample enough for what the Fusion is intended for, which is to keep my Mustang off the street when it's not practical. But the 1.5 EB is no Coyote.

I got the 201A package which includes 18" wheels and upgrades the cloth interior to a better fabric, different pattern, and red stitching. It's pretty comfy actually.

It's leased...I put down 10% (2700) which includes the first month's rent, plus a few hundred for doc and plate fees. My payments are $225 for the next 3 years. I'm saving over $150 per month from my last lease, plus Ford let me terminate 3 months in advance without penalty.

I agree with you Patrick...Sunset would look sharp on an S197 or S550.

My favorite part of the Fusion.....it's the 2015 Mustang grille of course!!!
Attached Images     
Old 12/30/14, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got it yesterday. It's not a bad ride overall. I surprised with the 1.5 EB....it has a decent amount of power and is ample enough for what the Fusion is intended for, which is to keep my Mustang off the street when it's not practical. But the 1.5 EB is no Coyote.

I got the 201A package which includes 18" wheels and upgrades the cloth interior to a better fabric, different pattern, and red stitching. It's pretty comfy actually.

It's leased...I put down 10% (2700) which includes the first month's rent, plus a few hundred for doc and plate fees. My payments are $225 for the next 3 years. I'm saving over $150 per month from my last lease, plus Ford let me terminate 3 months in advance without penalty.

I agree with you Patrick...Sunset would look sharp on an S197 or S550.

My favorite part of the Fusion.....it's the 2015 Mustang grille of course!!!
Congrats on your new car purchase. Enjoy your 15 mustang!
Old 12/30/14, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just got it yesterday. It's not a bad ride overall. I surprised with the 1.5 EB....it has a decent amount of power and is ample enough for what the Fusion is intended for, which is to keep my Mustang off the street when it's not practical. But the 1.5 EB is no Coyote. I got the 201A package which includes 18" wheels and upgrades the cloth interior to a better fabric, different pattern, and red stitching. It's pretty comfy actually. It's leased...I put down 10% (2700) which includes the first month's rent, plus a few hundred for doc and plate fees. My payments are $225 for the next 3 years. I'm saving over $150 per month from my last lease, plus Ford let me terminate 3 months in advance without penalty. I agree with you Patrick...Sunset would look sharp on an S197 or S550. My favorite part of the Fusion.....it's the 2015 Mustang grille of course!!!
Awesome! That is not bad at all. And it's gorgeous! Congrats
Old 12/30/14, 08:36 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
I just got it yesterday. It's not a bad ride overall. I surprised with the 1.5 EB....it has a decent amount of power and is ample enough for what the Fusion is intended for, which is to keep my Mustang off the street when it's not practical. But the 1.5 EB is no Coyote. I got the 201A package which includes 18" wheels and upgrades the cloth interior to a better fabric, different pattern, and red stitching. It's pretty comfy actually. It's leased...I put down 10% (2700) which includes the first month's rent, plus a few hundred for doc and plate fees. My payments are $225 for the next 3 years. I'm saving over $150 per month from my last lease, plus Ford let me terminate 3 months in advance without penalty. I agree with you Patrick...Sunset would look sharp on an S197 or S550. My favorite part of the Fusion.....it's the 2015 Mustang grille of course!!!
DD Good pu!!!
Old 12/30/14, 11:03 PM
Post *****

How come nobody ever posts EB engine pics? Are the little gerbils sleeping?

Old 1/25/15, 12:26 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Fusion is a good-looking sedan. We saw an EB in the color that Ford calls 'Bronze Fire' that looked pretty good on the car. After kicking it around, EB or not, my wife and I traded her Focus for an SE hybrid in Guard.

Pleasant ride--not terribly exciting, but not totally bland. So far 42.0 MPG average. (Something I never thought I'd live to see in a car the size and weight of a Fusion.) Love the color--gray in some light, green in bright sunlight. The silent start is hard to get used to.

The advantage that the EB has over the hybrid is better trunk space. The battery pack in the hybrid eats up some of the trunk space.
Attached Thumbnails About to get an EcoBoost-09771.jpg  
Old 1/25/15, 04:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bt4
The Fusion is a good-looking sedan. We saw an EB in the color that Ford calls 'Bronze Fire' that looked pretty good on the car. After kicking it around, EB or not, my wife and I traded her Focus for an SE hybrid in Guard. Pleasant ride--not terribly exciting, but not totally bland. So far 42.0 MPG average. (Something I never thought I'd live to see in a car the size and weight of a Fusion.) Love the color--gray in some light, green in bright sunlight. The silent start is hard to get used to. The advantage that the EB has over the hybrid is better trunk space. The battery pack in the hybrid eats up some of the trunk space.
Very nice! You should see the trunk of the Energi. It's even worse than yours. There's hardly any room at all!
Old 1/25/15, 04:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by bt4
The Fusion is a good-looking sedan. We saw an EB in the color that Ford calls 'Bronze Fire' that looked pretty good on the car. After kicking it around, EB or not, my wife and I traded her Focus for an SE hybrid in Guard.

Pleasant ride--not terribly exciting, but not totally bland. So far 42.0 MPG average. (Something I never thought I'd live to see in a car the size and weight of a Fusion.) Love the color--gray in some light, green in bright sunlight. The silent start is hard to get used to.

The advantage that the EB has over the hybrid is better trunk space. The battery pack in the hybrid eats up some of the trunk space.

Mine serves it's purpose, and that's to keep the Mustang safe and snug inside the garage when the sky starts falling.

It's not a terribly exciting car by any stretch. I liked my '12 SEL V6 much better, especially in the handling and ride department. But I'm also paying a lot less per month on the lease. I'm retired so it'll go on short trips and shopping errands, and then will get shelved come springtime in favor of my GT 'vert.
Old 2/4/15, 01:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
How come nobody ever posts EB engine pics? Are the little gerbils sleeping?

Hey, how come nobody ever posts 300 inline engine pics? Because the archaeologists are still digging them up.
Old 2/4/15, 02:10 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 3point7
Hey, how come nobody ever posts 300 inline engine pics? Because the archaeologists are still digging them up.
I did this fall after rebuilding the carb. Newbie.

Old 2/4/15, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats and now time to get a grill like this.

Last edited by CiniZter; 2/4/15 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2/4/15, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I did this fall after rebuilding the carb. Newbie.

Hey man, this is the modern age. A carb is a sugary starch like french fries or white rice. lol
Old 2/4/15, 02:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
well Tom i failed at getting mom into an eco fusion, because she thinks they are ugly LOL

Turns out she loves the Buick Verano, so we are looking at those. I don't mind the buick because work supplies me with a lacrosse occasionally which is pretty nice.

She also hated the escape, or anything on the Ford lot. oh well. she loved her 'alero' so i'm not surprised. The verano is basically a prettied up cruze. I tested the cruze rs and it was alright actually, but she's not going for spoilers, ground effects and rally wheels LOL

Quick Reply: About to get an EcoBoost