SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Suspension questions.

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/14, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension questions.

Hey guys I've been looking at a set of wheels and tires and a handling kit for my car. The previous owner didn't take care of my car and the wheels are all bent it's causing my tires to wear out awkward and quickly. My current tires rub in a couple places on the inside, on the struts and one bar in the front, not sure which one. I was curious if you think these two things will fix my problems. If you think I need to add to my parts list let me know! Ugh, phone won't let me upload pics so I'll just tell yuns.

Staggered bullit Motorsport wheels 18/9 x 18/10

Eibach sport system plus Handling kit and will lower my car about an inch. Comes with shocks springs struts and sway bars.
Old 9/15/14, 06:09 PM

http://m.americanmuscle.com/motorspo...tomo-stag.html
Old 9/15/14, 06:10 PM

http://m.americanmuscle.com/eibach-s...stem-9404.html
Old 9/15/14, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I have a hard time believing the wheels are the problem here. Tire wear is caused by bad alignment, not wheels bent.

So I'd say you need to get to a shop and check the alignment... and probably check the frame at a frame/body shop too, just in case. Might find a bad bushing or bent arm or such that's causing the problem.

Once you know what the real problem is, you can attack it. Wheels and tires aren't it... although those are gonna look *sweet* on your car, man, if you get that setup.

As far as the Eibach stuff... same deal. No need to put it on there if the car's otherwise messed up. Gotta fix the base problem of alignment issues first.
Old 9/15/14, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the reply! Should of gave you more info. I had an alignment and all new tires put on less than 15,000 miles ago. I've got $1,500 worth of receipts for getting things up front fixed and all new tires plus the alignment. My car never stopped rubbing the whole time. I called the shop and they said they couldn't even balance one of my front wheels, that it was bent that bad, would of been nice to know when I got the work done. They had it typed up on their computer report but didn't ever tell me about it. Could that of caused my car to get misaligned? My thoughts were to get my suspension kit, tires and wheels, then go to another place and get an alignment, replace whatever I need to replace.