Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > SN95 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 1/25/13, 6:19 AM   #1

2000 Mustang v6 cranks but wont start at times

I bought my daughter a 2000 Ford Mustang V-6 last summer, However sometimes when my daughter tries to start the car all it does is crank and wont start. When I get home and try to start it, it fires right up. The other day It stranded her at school and I had to go get her, once again the same problem cranks but wont start. This time it didn't start for me either, I towed it home and put it in the garage until the next morning when I would have a chance to look at it. What do you know it started right up, this is getting very fustrating to say the least. I don't won't to go and just start replacing parts, however my daughter doesn't is afraid to drive it now because she my get stranded again. Looking for help on what to do.
The Hamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/25/13, 8:08 AM   #2
I Have No Life

Glenn

06 LL GT
It could be a lot of different things. When was the last time it had a tune up and fuel filter change as well as the throttle body cleaned?
Welcome to TMS by the Way
Hers 2010 lexus IS250 mine 06 legend lime GT, Shaftmasters alum drive shaft, under drive pulley's, Steeda sport springs, Koni strt S/S, JLT cai w/bama tunes, Hankook V12's 255/35 275/35/20" pinnacale wheels, BBK headers W/high flow BBK catted X-pipe, Pype's Violator Axle-Back. 3k oil change tires
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/30/13, 6:51 PM   #3
Bullitt Member

Duane

02 v6, 07 GT, 98 Mountaineer, 85GT T-Top
I had this issue with my mountaineer. It would not start, then it wood. I found that when it didnt start, if I hit the gas tank with my palm, it would fire right up. Changed the fuel pump and fixed the issue.
dcpirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/31/13, 12:16 AM   #4
Bullitt Member

shaun

2000 gt
It could be loose wire connections to the starter as well I would check all wire connections sence that's the easiest thing to do then go from there any codes check engine light?
shaunrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/31/13, 12:16 AM