05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Upgrading my 2008's interior

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/11, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading my 2008's interior

I currently have the dove (light grey) leather interior with side airbags in my Dark Candy Apple Red Mustang. I've always liked the look of the California Special two-toned interior and am looking to swap mine out to match it.

Here's a list of what I think I need as far as parts:

- Two-toned charcoal/dove upholstery (w/ side airbags)
- Black seat bases (I could live with the dove colored ones if I had too...)
- Black carpet
- Black rear package tray

I've looked all over (aftermarket retailers, eBay, newtakeoff, etc) and haven't been able to find the seat covers or the rear package trays.

As for the carpet, I'm looking at either ACC or Stock Interiors. I've got a request for a quote in at my dealer right now, too.

So here are my questions:

1) Does anybody know where I can find the upholstery (I'd prefer factory over Katskins)?

2) Are there any other pieces I may be missing (trim, steeringwheel, dash have all been taken care of)?

Thanks for your help, you guys have been a huge source of info for me over the years!
Old 6/5/11, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I have changed the colour of my 05 convertible from grey to black. It's alot of work, and it is going to be expensive. Some of the parts I got used from Ebay, like the door panels, dash, dash panels and trim pieces, rear panels and seat skins. Some pieces I couldn't get used, like the carpet (don't get aftermarket), levers, grommets and such. I just finished doing this, and it took me years (partly to spread the cost). I would only do this if you are keeping the car.