Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > 05-09 Interior and Audio Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 2/3/05, 7:45 AM   #1
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to DanTheMans22
Oncemy car (if it ever) arrives I am considering swapping out the head unit with this one...

Kenwood Head Unit

...I think this one looks really great in the Mustang and almost looks as if it comes from the factory when installed. I can also buy the navigation system with it which is the real benefit I like of it..

My question is that if I were to do this would it effect the quality of the sound in the Shaker 1000 setup? I don't know if the head unit that comes from the factory is somehow configured to optimize the sound with the 4 subs etc... Also would all of the wiring and such from the Shaker 1000 system plug right into the back of this head unit? I'm obviously not all that knowledgeable when it comes to these things so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Here's a picture of how it looks in the '05

Click the image to open in full size.

Sonic Blue 2005 Mustang GT Premium/Dark Charcoal Interior/IUP/Shaker 1000/Active Anti-theft/Wheel Locking Kits/17" Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels/Front Seat Side Mounted Airbags
DanTheMans22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/3/05, 6:24 PM   #2
GT Member

I have an aftermarket system (Pioneer Avic n1) and if anything the sound is enhanced due to the built-in EQ functions of the Pioneer. Before you do it, make sure the sound shop has the appropriate wiring harness to adapt the after market radio with the shaker system. When mine was changed I had to live with a popping noise for a few weeks while the shop ordered the correct harnesses. All-in-all I'm happy I did it though especially with all of the problems of the stock head unit.
Mods:Pioneer Avic-N1 head unit, UPR antenna delete, UPR polished door lock pins, 20% window tint, IUP auto shift ****, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP door sill plates (scuff plates), locking gas cap and counting...
PerfWhite05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/3/05, 6:24 PM