05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

IUP Trim Bezel Around Automatic Shifter...

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/08, 02:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IUP Trim Bezel Around Automatic Shifter...

I decided to play around and try something different today so I removed the boot from my IUP shift bezel, resinstalled the PRND321 indicator bezel and snapped the IUP trim bezel around it. All this is reversable if I decide to put the boot back.

As I said the trim bezel fits perfectly around the auto shift indicator bezel...

I was looking at some pictures of all the classic Mustangs with auto shifters and decided to recapture the look especially since the shift indicator bezel is radiused to mimick the classic ones...

Now I have got to get a satin cup holder insert and e-brake handle...

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/08 at 04:38 PM.
Old 8/3/08, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it looks good
Old 8/5/08, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I decided to play around and try something different today so I removed the boot from my IUP shift bezel, resinstalled the PRND321 indicator bezel and snapped the IUP trim bezel around it. All this is reversable if I decide to put the boot back.

As I said the trim bezel fits perfectly around the auto shift indicator bezel...

I was looking at some pictures of all the classic Mustangs with auto shifters and decided to recapture the look especially since the shift indicator bezel is radiused to mimick the classic ones...

Now I have got to get a satin cup holder insert and e-brake handle...

watchdevil
this looks great. did you paint the shift bezel silver, like the center stack panel? I see that you also painted the door speaker trim rings. I have been thinking about doing something like this. What color silver did you use? it looks like a perfect match.
Old 8/6/08, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HPwhitevert
watchdevil
this looks great. did you paint the shift bezel silver, like the center stack panel? I see that you also painted the door speaker trim rings. I have been thinking about doing something like this. What color silver did you use? it looks like a perfect match.
The shift indicator bezel and the satin trim ring around it are factory Ford parts. The satin PRND321 shift indicator bezel was original in my car with the Interior Upgrade Package. The outer trim ring came included with the Interior Upgrade Package manual transmission boot as used on Premium GT's and Bullitt models.

I used Duplicolor 11 oz. Truck, Van & SUV paint T191 Ultra Silver on the center stack bezel, door switch plates and speaker rings. I even included painting the on/off buttons on my map lights and the recliner levers on the sides of my seats.
Old 8/6/08, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the silver color info; I'm gonna paint the speaker rings at a minimum. I have a new 08 GT/CS with charcoal and dove interior and also have the IUP - but my auto trans. bezel ring is black/charcoal plastic. I checked the Ford brochure and the CS interiors shown have the black plastic trim bezel. Would you have the Ford part number of this piece? I've seen after market versions, but I like the Ford version best.
Old 8/6/08, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Cupholder and E-Brake cover you can get from
mustang corvette accessories | ss inserts
Old 8/6/08, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Cupholder and E-Brake cover you can get from
mustang corvette accessories | ss inserts
Old 8/6/08, 10:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HPwhitevert
Thanks for the silver color info; I'm gonna paint the speaker rings at a minimum. I have a new 08 GT/CS with charcoal and dove interior and also have the IUP - but my auto trans. bezel ring is black/charcoal plastic. I checked the Ford brochure and the CS interiors shown have the black plastic trim bezel. Would you have the Ford part number of this piece? I've seen after market versions, but I like the Ford version best.
All of the automatics whether they are IUP or not have the back rectangular trim ring around the shifter indicator bezel. When you have the IUP option with an automatic, you get the PRND321 bezel and shift handle lever in satin silver.

In order to get a satin trim ring like the one I used, you have to order the manual transmission shifter boot with the IUP option which comes with the satin silver ring. The part number is 7R3Z-7277-BA . If you wish to use it without the boot just remove it by snapping off the base flange plate, remove the boot and snap the base flange back into place.

Or if you wanna do cheap, just paint the black trim bezel you have the Duplicolor Ultra Silver I described in a previous post.

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/6/08 at 10:57 PM.
Old 8/11/08, 07:12 PM
GT Member

thanks for the satin silver ring part number. got it on order...