Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > 05-09 Interior and Audio Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6/25/12, 2:08 PM   #1
GT Member
 
Five.Point.Oh's Avatar
 

Join Date: June 20, 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 159
Ford Mustang
Garage
2005-09 Deluxe vs. Premium

What are all the differences between the Premium and the Deluxe. I ordered mine in Dec. '04, but had a cheap mind back then. Mine is a Deluxe GT w/ IUP. Both models offered IUP. If I recall right, all the Premium had over the Deluxe was a Shaker 500 System w/ 2 extra speakers and leather seats that barely had any leather on them. With that, I think it was $3,000 more. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to know all the features differences and the price difference.
__________________
2012 Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-coat Ford Mustang Boss 302 with Recaro/Torsen Package, production number 1535. Ordered May 2011, received August 29, 2011.
Five.Point.Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 3:55 PM   #2
NJ3
Mach 1 Member
 
Ned

Join Date: August 9, 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 944
Attached Thumbnails
2005-09 Deluxe vs. Premium-2005-mustang-1-001.jpg   2005-09 Deluxe vs. Premium-2005-mustang-2-001.jpg  
__________________
2006 Redfire Mustang Coupe GT - SOLD

Last edited by NJ3; 6/25/12 at 4:02 PM.
NJ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 4:23 PM   #3
I lust for a M24
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
John

Join Date: November 6, 2004
Location: Football HOF, Canton OH
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five.Point.Oh View Post
What are all the differences between the Premium and the Deluxe. I ordered mine in Dec. '04, but had a cheap mind back then. Mine is a Deluxe GT w/ IUP. Both models offered IUP. If I recall right, all the Premium had over the Deluxe was a Shaker 500 System w/ 2 extra speakers and leather seats that barely had any leather on them. With that, I think it was $3,000 more. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to know all the features differences and the price difference.
That's it IIRC. I ordered mine as a Deluxe and added leather since I didn't want the Skipper 500 and the big door speakers. Come to think of it, wasn't it cheaper to have a Deluxe and add the Shaker and Leather than it was to just buy the Premium package? (I think it was initially, but after people caught on they changed it.)
__________________
That door you just kicked in was locked for your protection, not mine.
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 5:49 PM   #4
GT Member
 
Five.Point.Oh's Avatar
 

Join Date: June 20, 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 159
Ford Mustang
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post
That's it IIRC. I ordered mine as a Deluxe and added leather since I didn't want the Skipper 500 and the big door speakers. Come to think of it, wasn't it cheaper to have a Deluxe and add the Shaker and Leather than it was to just buy the Premium package? (I think it was initially, but after people caught on they changed it.)
@NJ3

Shoot, that seems like you get very little for $3,000. Now, I really, really don't regret getting the Premium pack. Plus, $3,000 back in '05 is like $3,500 today. I can get a LOT done to my interior for $3,500. I've also heard that the Shaker 500 audio system sounds like crap from someone on here. And, pretty much everybody on this site hates their mostly vinyl leather seats that have horrible quality. Some won't admit that. But, pretty much the only good reason to get the Premium pack is that it has better resale value. Pssssh! Like only $200 better!
__________________
2012 Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-coat Ford Mustang Boss 302 with Recaro/Torsen Package, production number 1535. Ordered May 2011, received August 29, 2011.

Last edited by Five.Point.Oh; 6/25/12 at 5:52 PM.
Five.Point.Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 5:58 PM   #5
GT Member
 
Five.Point.Oh's Avatar
 

Join Date: June 20, 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 159
Ford Mustang
Garage
No offense to all the Premium owners, but y'all got ripped!!!
__________________
2012 Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-coat Ford Mustang Boss 302 with Recaro/Torsen Package, production number 1535. Ordered May 2011, received August 29, 2011.
Five.Point.Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 9:22 PM   #6
Cobra R Member
 
Cavero's Avatar
 

Join Date: February 13, 2006
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post
That's it IIRC. I ordered mine as a Deluxe and added leather since I didn't want the Skipper 500 and the big door speakers. Come to think of it, wasn't it cheaper to have a Deluxe and add the Shaker and Leather than it was to just buy the Premium package? (I think it was initially, but after people caught on they changed it.)
Nope, it was definitely cheaper to get the premium (at least in '06) than it was to build the car up from the standard "Deluxe". That's why I got the Premium. Wasn't a huge margin though. For the V6 I remember the premium had anti-lock brakes and traction control in addition to the interior amenities.
-----
Say what you want about the value of the premium, but I'd pay the premium for not-the-greatest-quality leather so as not to have that dumb *** pattern in the cloth:

EDIT: I don't know if this was still the cloth for 08 and 09, but it was up until 07

Click the image to open in full size.

The skipper 500 subs have been serving me well, btw (that's the only part of the system that's still installed on mine)
__________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is, it's cheaper to replace it with performance parts. Everyone's gotta be a **** pace car
Drivetrain: Granatelli CAI|K&N Filter|Tillman Dyno tunes|Coast Al Driveshaft|| Urethane Shifter Bushings
Suspension: Steeda/BMR Everything
Summer: Nitto NT555 245/45R18 f & 275/40R18, Konig Stampede's
Cosmetic: CDC Agressive chin spoiler, Shelby CS6 hood, GT500 bumper, painted stripes, Interior: whole lotta aluminum.
Future: Hmmm....
06 Tungsten Gray GT Coupe, 5spd manual, Interior Upgrade Package, Active Anti-theft

Last edited by Cavero; 6/25/12 at 9:26 PM.
Cavero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 9:44 PM   #7
GT Member
 
Five.Point.Oh's Avatar
 

Join Date: June 20, 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 159
Ford Mustang
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavero View Post
Nope, it was definitely cheaper to get the premium (at least in '06) than it was to build the car up from the standard "Deluxe". That's why I got the Premium. Wasn't a huge margin though. For the V6 I remember the premium had anti-lock brakes and traction control in addition to the interior amenities.
-----
Say what you want about the value of the premium, but I'd pay the premium for not-the-greatest-quality leather so as not to have that dumb *** pattern in the cloth.
If the Premium Pack was $3,000 more, are you sure you'd pay that premium just because of the pattern on a seat. It makes more sense to me to just get better-than-stock leather seat covers.
__________________
2012 Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-coat Ford Mustang Boss 302 with Recaro/Torsen Package, production number 1535. Ordered May 2011, received August 29, 2011.
Five.Point.Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/25/12, 11:38 PM   #8
I lust for a M24
 
05GT-O.C.D.'s Avatar
 
John

Join Date: November 6, 2004
Location: Football HOF, Canton OH
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavero View Post
Nope, it was definitely cheaper to get the premium (at least in '06) than it was to build the car up from the standard "Deluxe". That's why I got the Premium. Wasn't a huge margin though. For the V6 I remember the premium had anti-lock brakes and traction control in addition to the interior amenities.

I said early on, as in when '05's were being ordered, and then it was fixed, like mid 2005 production (and of course 2006).
__________________
That door you just kicked in was locked for your protection, not mine.
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/28/12, 10:40 PM   #9
Mach 1 Member
 
Zaksgt's Avatar
 

Join Date: November 20, 2011
Posts: 677
I'm glade I got the premium package the deluxe just looks cheap to me. And I think it will have better resale value
Zaksgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/28/12, 10:49 PM   #10
Mach 1 Member
 
Kevin509's Avatar
 
Kevin

Join Date: October 30, 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 845
'06 Satin Silver GT
Well I'm glad I read this thread, I always thought I had a GT Deluxe, but I have leather and shaker 500 w/ 6-disc changer, so I must have a GT premium without IUP.

Oh, and zak, you're totally right about resale value, we had an 05 GT convertible at work, super nice car, only 25xxx miles, but nobody would touch it because of the cloth interior. My boss ended up having me swap the leather seats from a pony package V6 into it and then it sold right away.
__________________
2006 Satin Silver GT: 3.73's - Magnaflow Axle Backs - Pypes O/RX - Spectre/K&N CAI - Bama 91 performance tune

"...the engine pulsing against backpressure like Zeus casually farting in his Olympian hot tub." -Car and Driver Magazine on the Boss 302 exhaust :D

Last edited by Kevin509; 6/28/12 at 10:52 PM.
Kevin509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/29/12, 11:26 AM   #11
Mach 1 Member
 
Zaksgt's Avatar
 

Join Date: November 20, 2011
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin509
Well I'm glad I read this thread, I always thought I had a GT Deluxe, but I have leather and shaker 500 w/ 6-disc changer, so I must have a GT premium without IUP.

Oh, and zak, you're totally right about resale value, we had an 05 GT convertible at work, super nice car, only 25xxx miles, but nobody would touch it because of the cloth interior. My boss ended up having me swap the leather seats from a pony package V6 into it and then it sold right away.
Yea when I was looking at my car and another with cloth seats it just look like ****, glade I got the shaker500 leather and IUP
Zaksgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/31/13, 9:35 PM   #12
Member
 
Judy

Join Date: July 30, 2013
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 4
2008 Mustang Convertible
I just hate the interior on the Deluxe, it looks cheap and it gets dirty fast. I have tan and had to put seat covers on to cover the seats up!
sportystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/1/13, 5:25 AM   #13
Shelby GT350 Member
 
05YellowGT's Avatar
 
Steve

Join Date: February 24, 2005
Location: Delray Beach , FL
Posts: 2,052
"so I must have a GT premium without IUP."

Got mine the day before Thanksgiving 04 and that's what mine is, an 05 Preimum without the IUP. Of course Ford was looking out for me, and they designed the clusters to fail early so I could replace it with a GT500 cluster
__________________
PERFORMANCE:
MagnaCharger , Steeda 90mm CAI, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP 62mm TB, MagnaFlow Axle Back Exhaust, BBK Long Tubes & catted X-Pipe, GT500 fuel pumps, WeaponX COP's.
SUSPENSION/DRIVETRAIN:
Steeda : Sport springs, HD duty upper strut mounts, Bumpsteer, 3 point frame rail & torque box brace, billet LCA's and relocation brackets, Comp Upper 3rd Link , heavy duty engine mounts, G-trac Brace, Aluminium Drive shaft, adj pan hard bar and brace.

Koni Yellows, GT500 front LCA, FRPP 373 gears, BMR strut tower brace, MGW shifter, Exedy MACH 500 clutch, FRPP SS clutch line.
05YellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/3/13, 6:49 PM   #14
Mach 1 Member
 
mrp5150's Avatar
 
Mark

Join Date: July 5, 2011
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 912
2008 Bullitt
Garage
I love the 05-09 GT's, including my own, but the interior is probably the worst part. The non IUP models look even worse. I wish I was rich and then I would just pay a shop to work some magic and replace the entire interior with the 2010+ interior.
__________________
2008 Bullitt #4968
mrp5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/7/13, 11:09 AM   #15
Mach 1 Member
 
05PRMTX's Avatar
 
Steve

Join Date: June 27, 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 567
2011 Grabber Blue RTR GT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp5150 View Post
I love the 05-09 GT's, including my own, but the interior is probably the worst part. The non IUP models look even worse. I wish I was rich and then I would just pay a shop to work some magic and replace the entire interior with the 2010+ interior.
Agreed. Although, every time I think about how cheap the interiors are in our cars I remember what the previous models looked like....and say oh, its really not too bad....
05PRMTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/8/13, 3:00 PM   #16
Supporting Vendor
 
amustangrocks's Avatar
 
Mike

Join Date: September 15, 2009
Location: Traverse City MI.
Posts: 669
05 V6 Mustang 4.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportystang View Post
I just hate the interior on the Deluxe, it looks cheap and it gets dirty fast. I have tan and had to put seat covers on to cover the seats up!
ha, i have that same int. i wish i had the 500 and door subs. i installed oem takeoff blk leather covers, way nicer. marcys premium is all blk, wish i had that and she doesnt have leather seats or the door inserts. i`m glad i dont have that ever lasing problem though.
__________________
05 V6 4.0 auto,the"V6inator" stainless jba h pipe dual exhaust, gt takeoff mufflers, stainless shortie headers, demon coil and livewires, jlt cai, sct/ bama 93 octane street race tune, under drive pulley, 7.5 t-lok, 3.73 gears, upr chrome molly upper/lower rear control arms, shaftmasters, tci ratchet shifter, 17"x 8" and 9", 255/50, 275/50 nitto 450 extreme performance tires

visit the website: www.amustangrocksleather.com
Mike@amustangrocksleather.com
amustangrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/8/13, 3:00 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


 

Sponsors



 

MotM Winners
December 2012 MotM Winner November 2012 MotM Winner September 2012 MotM Winner August 2012 MotM Winner

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:07 AM.


Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.