05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shelby Razor Wheels Questions

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/07, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelby Razor Wheels Questions

OK,
I'm thinking about upgrading to some 18" Shelby Razors, first off I see a few different colors around, not sure if they are the same and just the photos look different between the grey at tirerack and gunmetal grey on the american racing site. So basically looking for what they truely are out there.
Also what is the backspacing needed is it 24 thats one of the options listed on the AR website. Also they do make 17"s should I stick with 17"s like I have now, or would they just look too small with aftermarket. And anything else I should know before I tell someone to order them up?

Also any photos of them on a sonic blue or even vista (which is close) to give me an idea, or possibly just the regular american racing razor wheels, I noticed this is what they had on the CS6 photos at shelby's website
Old 2/23/07, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been looking at these as well - they have them listed on TireRack, so you can see what your car would look like with them.

Curious as to what others have to say on this.
Old 2/23/07, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Most of the pics I have are 20's, but first, 18's in chrome

20's in silver

20's in gunmetal(shelby)

and 20's in black

Old 2/23/07, 02:29 PM

Razors

These are great wheels. If you go to hillbank motorsports you will see a vista blue car with 20 inch wheels. the offset is a little tricky with these wheels. The 24 offset will fit but it will be close. If you run a 20 inch wheel you need to use a 255/35/20 tire. You could stagger them also.
Stay away from the 12 offset it will not fit the new Mustang right.
The correct offset is a 40 but they are on back order.

I just returned my razors back to American Racing the other day. I picked up the Shelby Torq Thrust in chrome.
Old 2/23/07, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
OK,
I'm thinking about upgrading to some 18" Shelby Razors, first off I see a few different colors around, not sure if they are the same and just the photos look different between the grey at tirerack and gunmetal grey on the american racing site. So basically looking for what they truely are out there.
Also what is the backspacing needed is it 24 thats one of the options listed on the AR website. Also they do make 17"s should I stick with 17"s like I have now, or would they just look too small with aftermarket. And anything else I should know before I tell someone to order them up?

Also any photos of them on a sonic blue or even vista (which is close) to give me an idea, or possibly just the regular american racing razor wheels, I noticed this is what they had on the CS6 photos at shelby's website

The +24 is what you want for offset. 17's look too small in my opinion. I think the silver looks best on vista.
Old 2/23/07, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have 18's on my satin silver but they are the regular silver ones (Razors) as opposed to the Shelby Razors. I then went on the American Racing website and bought Shelby Razor centercaps. They are great wheels, plus the all silver ones are cheaper too!
Old 2/23/07, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheRealOne
I have 18's on my satin silver but they are the regular silver ones (Razors) as opposed to the Shelby Razors. I then went on the American Racing website and bought Shelby Razor centercaps. They are great wheels, plus the all silver ones are cheaper too!
I was thinking about the silver as well, I believe these are what they have on the C6 photos at shelbyautos.com, if someone can confirm or verify this for me it would help. I would probably do the same with the centercaps if I did go with the standard razors. Do you have the 24" offset ones?
Old 2/23/07, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I was thinking about the silver as well, I believe these are what they have on the C6 photos at shelbyautos.com, if someone can confirm or verify this for me it would help. I would probably do the same with the centercaps if I did go with the standard razors. Do you have the 24" offset ones?
The ones on the Vista Blue CS6 on Shelby's site are the regular American Razors. The Shelby version has "Shelby" embossed on one of the spokes. The wheels are exactly the same other then the center cap the embossed "Shelby".
Old 2/23/07, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GPStang06
The ones on the Vista Blue CS6 on Shelby's site are the regular American Razors. The Shelby version has "Shelby" embossed on one of the spokes. The wheels are exactly the same other then the center cap the embossed "Shelby".
What about the color? The regular razors say silver where as the shelby razors are listed as gunmetal grey? I'm assuming the CS6 regular razors are the silver ones
Really just looking for a real photo of the silvers on a car that is a clear photo since the stock photos always look fake and you can't get a good idea of the shade etc. The photo posted above of the CS6 does say silver, just wanted someone who has the silver to verify that for me
Old 2/23/07, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Those are hot rims you were looking at Dan!
So make me jealous if you do order them from me and I have to see them.
Maybe Ill put em on my car for a looksie 1st
Old 2/23/07, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

What about the color? The regular razors say silver where as the shelby razors are listed as gunmetal grey? I'm assuming the CS6 regular razors are the silver ones
Really just looking for a real photo of the silvers on a car that is a clear photo since the stock photos always look fake and you can't get a good idea of the shade etc. The photo posted above of the CS6 does say silver, just wanted someone who has the silver to verify that for me
Yes the pnes on the CS6 on Shelby's site are indeed the regular Razors (Non-Shelby) and are what is known as "Bright Silver". Currently Shelby does not offer the Shelby version of the Razors in "Bright Silver" but they are in the works (Still in production). Thats the info I have gotten from Shelby Inc. directly
Old 2/23/07, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Yes the pnes on the CS6 on Shelby's site are indeed the regular Razors (Non-Shelby) and are what is known as "Bright Silver". Currently Shelby does not offer the Shelby version of the Razors in "Bright Silver" but they are in the works (Still in production). Thats the info I have gotten from Shelby Inc. directly

Also the Silver ones on the CS6 also have Carrol Shelby's signature vs the production version.

I'm personally buying the AR's in 20" and painting them black

(photoshop of a members car of what I want)
Old 2/24/07, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Deric
Also the Silver ones on the CS6 also have Carrol Shelby's signature vs the production version.

I'm personally buying the AR's in 20" and painting them black

(photoshop of a members car of what I want)
Yea, from what they told me the signature is actually a decal. They wanted to emboss the signature also but it was too difficult to make so they went with the block style font
Old 2/24/07, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Would you be able to post some pics?
Old 2/24/07, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I saw on the website the centercaps for 50bucks is that each?
Old 2/24/07, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Sure wish they would make the Shelby Razor in chrome, 20x10.....heck, in an 18x10 that would fit the Shelby....
Old 2/24/07, 08:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I think those are some of the sweetest looking rims for a Mustang yet.
Old 2/24/07, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just went to a local shop to check on prices and they had the new 2007 catalog. It had the new Shelby Razor Silver ones in it and they list one with a backspacing of 40. So I think I may go with these so the backspacing is as close as can be to stock. They don't appear to be out yet, but said mid march.
Old 2/24/07, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just went to a local shop to check on prices and they had the new 2007 catalog. It had the new Shelby Razor Silver ones in it and they list one with a backspacing of 40. So I think I may go with these so the backspacing is as close as can be to stock. They don't appear to be out yet, but said mid march.
How much were they asking?
Old 2/24/07, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I have 18x9 American Racing Shelby Razorz in gunmetal greys on mine. These rims are very easy to maintain and show very little to no break dust.

Quick Reply: Shelby Razor Wheels Questions