05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Help with Roush Hood Scoop Installation

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/14, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Roush Hood Scoop Installation

Hi All,

Long time reader, new poster. I was able to get a great deal on a new Roush Hood Scoop. The issue is that I didn't get the install template from the seller. I've gotten no where with Roush as no one willing to email me a template and nothing for download on their site. I am wondering if anyone out there has a template from their install that would be willing to let me borrow it? I am willing to pay for shipping in both directions. Thanks in advance for any and all your help.
Old 4/2/14, 01:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Turn your scoop over and use a piece of cardboard. Push the studs on the scoop into the cardboard, and then draw a line around where the scoop sits. You then can cut the rest of the cardboard off and you have your own template. Look at the hood insulator pad and you can see where the holes should go, for an idea of where things go.

That is, by far, the easiest way to get a template, without waiting for someone or some company to send you the sheet. Hope that helps you or gives you some ideas. Good luck.

Last edited by akdoggie; 4/2/14 at 01:36 AM.
Old 4/4/14, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats a good idea AK. You would just need a center line to center on the hood, and the scoop locates off the wishy washy sprayers. Ive got my pattern from my roush scoop. Ive let a couple guys use it. PM me if you want to work something out
Attached Thumbnails Help with Roush Hood Scoop Installation-2014-04-04-11.27.22.jpg  
Old 4/5/14, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Looking at that template, looks like the one that comes from AM with their scoop .....

Look at the three holes nearest the front that are for locating the black insert. In the picture, looks like my template did, the two outer holes are not in line with the center hole and in my case the clip on studs came undone in use ..... so I did a R&R adding two more holes and sealing the two extras, using fishing line to cut tape and using new tape after a lot of peeling, etc..

Look at the scoop and front insert, if the holes are in line on the insert, likely they'll need be more in line than that template.