05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

best aftermarket headlights mustang 2005+

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/16, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best aftermarket headlights mustang 2005+

Hello! I'm looking for better headlights for my car, because the regular lights do not suit me. On ebay I found few options. I plan to use regular halogen bulbs, not HID. Please tell me by their own experience, which is better?

Last edited by SiBEERian; 12/5/16 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12/5/16, 10:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I have choice #2 made by Spec-D Tuning. See here and here for review and pictures.

If you're dead set on sticking with halogen bulbs, choice #2 will be a bit better than stock...BUT unless you really want the look as well, the performance increase is absolutely not worth the hassle required to aim the headlights and change the bulbs when needed.

If you're willing to switch to HID bulbs, then the performance of #2 with HID is far better than stock.

Now, if you're really just wanting better lighting on the road...I'd get a set of these for your fogs, and call it a day.
Old 12/6/16, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I have choice #2 made by Spec-D Tuning. See here and here for review and pictures.

If you're dead set on sticking with halogen bulbs, choice #2 will be a bit better than stock...BUT unless you really want the look as well, the performance increase is absolutely not worth the hassle required to aim the headlights and change the bulbs when needed.

If you're willing to switch to HID bulbs, then the performance of #2 with HID is far better than stock.

Now, if you're really just wanting better lighting on the road...I'd get a set of these for your fogs, and call it a day.
I've never seen Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights. Does they fit to my car? My Stang have Pony Package with small fog lights.
These fog lamps can operate as a low beam main headlights?
Old 12/6/16, 10:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SiBEERian
I've never seen Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights. Does they fit to my car? My Stang have Pony Package with small fog lights.
These fog lamps can operate as a low beam main headlights?
These are a slightly bigger size (I think 4in?), but I expect the performance would be similar. They don't list 05-09 in the compatibility, BUT...the compatibility says "REPLACES FORD PART#: 4F9Z15200AA", which is the part number for the Pony Package fog lights.

I'm not saying I would expect to use them instead of your headlights, but I think they'll definitely give you better foreground and side lighting when used along with your headlights. Back in my day, the Pony Package wasn't a thing. So unfortunately I don't have a set of these to show you real-world results.
Old 12/7/16, 01:39 AM

These are a slightly bigger size (I think 4in?), but I expect the performance would be similar. They don't list 05-09 in the compatibility, BUT...the compatibility says "REPLACES FORD PART#: 4F9Z15200AA", which is the part number for the Pony Package fog lights.

I'm not saying I would expect to use them instead of your headlights, but I think they'll definitely give you better foreground and side lighting when used along with your headlights. Back in my day, the Pony Package wasn't a thing. So unfortunately I don't have a set of these to show you real-world results.
Great solution. I looked at the references, they should fit to my car. First, I'll buy them. If they are not satisfied with me, then I'll think again. Thank you so much.
Old 4/17/17, 05:55 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SiBEERian
Great solution. I looked at the references, they should fit to my car. First, I'll buy them. If they are not satisfied with me, then I'll think again. Thank you so much.
Did you ever get them, what was the result?
Old 4/17/17, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jcreek79
Did you ever get them, what was the result?
Yes, I did. I put in place of fog lights homemade led lights. Now all is well.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/463882857320809561/
Old 4/18/17, 05:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Again, very nice work. You seem like a very crafty individual.

The translation that I got on that other site was a bit off, but I think I got most of it. So you bought a cheaper version of the Morimoto XB LED lights on eBay, and upgraded the components? Do you have a link to the exact lights that you bought?
Old 4/18/17, 05:47 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'd like to know about something like this to replace the GT fogs. Either that or in buying the Bullitt grill.
Old 4/19/17, 12:22 AM

Again, very nice work. You seem like a very crafty individual.

The translation that I got on that other site was a bit off, but I think I got most of it. So you bought a cheaper version of the Morimoto XB LED lights on eBay, and upgraded the components? Do you have a link to the exact lights that you bought?
Yes, I bought a cheaper version of the Morimoto XB led lights. This lights was made in China. I bought them in Russia, here is the link
http://www.caroptics.ru/product/8588..._drn-098ledwb/
or http://www.h4.ru/catalog/renault/pro...der_pr_kn.html

This fog lights have DRL functions.

I took them apart and put inside a new card and leds

http://e-neon.ru/index.php?id=11584683 - fog lights

http://e-neon.ru/index.php?id=11586951 - for DRL lights
Old 4/19/17, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jcreek79
I'd like to know about something like this to replace the GT fogs. Either that or in buying the Bullitt grill.
If you are in USA, it will be easier to buy Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights.