Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > 05-09 Exterior Modifications
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 9/15/05, 1:01 PM   #1
Bullitt Member

Send a message via AIM to VintagMustang302
Thumbs up

I want to put some bullet style wheels on my V6 Mustang and match up some white letter tires on it. The problem is I can't find any tire manufacture that make 235/55-17 tires with white letters or a size that would look good on a 05 Mustang.

Can any of you guys/gals help me out here? I know you can get them for the V6 Style wheels but I want some bullet on my Mustang with some white lettered tires.

It would look Boss!
VintagMustang302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/05, 9:10 PM   #2
Mach 1 Member

Wish I had an answer for you, as I'm looking for the same thing in 18". If I have any luck, I'll let you know.
UMich97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/05, 2:34 AM   #3
Cobra Member

I've done the search a couple of weeks ago and came across some RWL tires in similar sizes, but they were all S-rated for speed (max. 112 mph/180 kmph). Not good, for the Mustang you'll need a V, W, Y or ZR speed rating! I'm still looking around myself too...

P.S.: here's a Goodyear Eagle GTII tire which is close enough in size, but for slow speed :notnice: http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/produ...ls.asp?id=2829

Quote:
Nigel Powers: [to Goldmember] There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/05, 1:59 PM   #4
GT Member

don't try and paint the letters with a grease pen or trimbrite tirewhite markers. iit doesn't set and will fly outward toward the edge of the tire all over the sidewall (none made it to the body). This was my failed attempt at fake RWL. :P
Old 10/14/05, 5:25 PM   #5

there has to be something out there.....i havent seen it with my own eyes but i think rwl tires would look really good on the new stang maybe to an extent even better than most of the tires people are putting on them now (no offense just giving opinion). The cars classic design i think would match up perfect with rwl. Ive been looking too for mine.
Johnny Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/05, 5:25 PM