Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Foose Stallion Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/08, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foose Stallion Issues

I was wondering if anyone was having similar issues with their Foose Stallions. I purchased #62 (FM07-0062-CP) in March and am intending to sell it because my wife is pregnant. However, I recently found out that another Foose owner has the same exact build number on his vehicle which makes me wonder if my car is legit. Our VIN number are different, but our Build #'s should not be the same. I have one of the few Stallions w/ a Black on Black paint scheme, no 2-tone or stripes. I've had numerous problems with the car and the dealership associated with the car. Basically I'm looking to find any other Foose owners and discuss some of the problems I've been having.

Last edited by Mikey_t003; 10/5/08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10/5/08, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

You need to check out the Foose number issue and ask KC to run your VIN number to check the history that Ford has on the car.
Old 10/5/08, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Very interesting, I will be watching to see how this plays out, hopefully Chip Foose didn't pull another Unique Performance hoopla!
Old 10/5/08, 11:43 PM
Cobra Member

Interesting
Old 10/6/08, 06:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steve-o
Very interesting, I will be watching to see how this plays out, hopefully Chip Foose didn't pull another Unique Performance hoopla!
The cars are now being assembled by TecStar. Why don't you give Tecstar a call. They should be able to help you.
Old 10/23/08, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
The cars are now being assembled by TecStar. Why don't you give Tecstar a call. They should be able to help you.

Tecstar? Are you sure?

I believe they went belly-up and closed down their Texas facility some time before Unique Performance was shut-down and auctioned-off piece-by-piece.

So... I'm thinking you're mistaken.

Mikey003, as for the duplicate production number, is there any update? Certainly it's a typo somewhere. Check all paperwork, along with the other party's. Hopefully it'll sort out.
Old 10/24/08, 09:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Jim D.
Tecstar? Are you sure?

I believe they went belly-up and closed down their Texas facility some time before Unique Performance was shut-down and auctioned-off piece-by-piece.

So... I'm thinking you're mistaken.

NO, I'm not mistaken Jim! Google is a great invention. You may want to use it before assuming someone is wrong. I don't come on here posting half-a$$ info. I get my facts right before I post, as I know others may want, or can use, the info we post up. Give me some credit bud. I'm no troll!

The phone number for Tecstar is 1-866-903-4907. See the thread from AllFordMustangs.com in the link below. Its about getting a part for a Mustang and was from late July of this year.

Foose Mustang Part question thread

The number was to a contact at Tecstar named Sheila, but when I called just a few minutes ago, its on general recording, and its a main number that gets you to a directory of WB's subsidiaries. Maybe because its after work hours. Mike, this should help you find out the info you need.

And Jim, Tecstart DIDN'T go "belly up" (that would be Unique Automotive, as you mentioned). Tecstar got bought out, but they're day to day operation hasn't changed! Who do you think built the 2008 Foose F150 trucks that are on Ford lots currently?

The company who bought them out was WB Automotive, who purchased TAG (Tecstar Automotive Group), from Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies. See the link below about the company:

Tecstar Company info

Pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the company.Mike, hope this info helps.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 10/24/08 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10/24/08, 09:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
NO, I'm not mistaken Jim! Google is a great invention. You may want to use it before assuming someone is wrong. I don't come on here posting half-a$$ info. I get my facts right before I post, as I know others may want, or can use, the info we post up. Give me some credit bud. I'm no troll!

The phone number for Tecstar is 1-866-903-4907. See the thread from AllFordMustangs.com in the link below. Its about getting a part for a Mustang and was from late July of this year.

Foose Mustang Part question thread

The number was to a contact at Tecstar named Sheila, but when I called just a few minutes ago, its on general recording, and its a main number that gets you to a directory of WB's subsidiaries. Maybe because its after work hours. Mike, this should help you find out the info you need.

And Jim, Tecstart DIDN'T go "belly up" (that would be Unique Automotive, as you mentioned). Tecstar got bought out, but they're day to day operation hasn't changed! Who do you think built the 2008 Foose F150 trucks that are on Ford lots currently?

The company who bought them out was WB Automotive, who purchased TAG (Tecstar Automotive Group), from Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies. See the link below about the company:

Tecstar Company info

Pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the company.Mike, hope this info helps.
Thanks for the detailed response!
Old 10/24/08, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Jim D.
Thanks for the detailed response!
Not a problem!

I like to be thorough!