V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Pacestter Headers (Raspy sound)

Old 9/1/14, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pacestter Headers (Raspy sound)

I installed some pacestter long tube headers with a off road y pipe and at start up the car sounds great! Nice mean rumble. As I drive and get into around the 3000 rpm range a very annoying raspy sound happens. I have the Pypes street pro axle back (single) on as well. No tune. So I'm looking for help and suggestions on what I should do to get rid of the sound. New axle back exhaust? Tune?
Old 9/1/14, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by terren24
I installed some pacestter long tube headers with a off road y pipe and at start up the car sounds great! Nice mean rumble. As I drive and get into around the 3000 rpm range a very annoying raspy sound happens. I have the Pypes street pro axle back (single) on as well. No tune. So I'm looking for help and suggestions on what I should do to get rid of the sound. New axle back exhaust? Tune?
any long tubes and off road pipe will give you rasp, and no way of getting rid of it now. Putting cats on would help.
Old 9/1/14, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92
any long tubes and off road pipe will give you rasp, and no way of getting rid of it now. Putting cats on would help.
I completely forgot about the cats. . Guess my next step is to get that. I've see some videos with the same long tubes and mid-pipe setup but for my setup it just doesn't sound like others which throws me off a bit. Any recommendations on the kind of cats?
Old 9/2/14, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I completely forgot about the cats. . Guess my next step is to get that. I've see some videos with the same long tubes and mid-pipe setup but for my setup it just doesn't sound like others which throws me off a bit. Any recommendations on the kind of cats?
OP-Like MD had said installing Long Tubes with an OR mid pipe is going to give off a higher pitched metallic rasp and throwing a set of cats on there would definitely eat up some of that unwanted feedback (snap, crackle, pop) Most if not all Catalytic Converters will be universal and an exhaust shop should have them installed in under 45 minutes! Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
Old 9/2/14, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
OP-Like MD had said installing Long Tubes with an OR mid pipe is going to give off a higher pitched metallic rasp and throwing a set of cats on there would definitely eat up some of that unwanted feedback (snap, crackle, pop) Most if not all Catalytic Converters will be universal and an exhaust shop should have them installed in under 45 minutes! Let me know if you have any questions and I hope this helps! Alex
thank you very much! This helped a lot. And the pypes high flow cats from American muscle would work then? Gonna for sure order em and get em install. Really can stand that raspy sound any longer.
Old 9/3/14, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
thank you very much! This helped a lot. And the pypes high flow cats from American muscle would work then? Gonna for sure order em and get em install. Really can stand that raspy sound any longer.
You're very welcome and I'm happy to hear that. They should work fine! They're universal so they can be used on most if not all generations and you or a shop should have them installed in no time! They'll definitely eat up a ton of the feedback that you're hearing. Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to shoot our customer service team a call at 1-866-727-1266 and we're here to help!

Alex