GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Mods, Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/15, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mods, Thoughts?

Hey everyone!

I have a 2005 silver gt with 45k miles on it. Mods include short throw shifter, pypes axle back exhaust, and 20" bullet replicas...

On the suggestion of the guys at AmericanMuscle I just ordered the JLT SERIES 3 CAI AND BAMA X4 TUNER... This is the 110mm intake. I was leaning towards the 95mm c and l intake, but decided to listen to their advice.

I'm excited to feel the difference this will produce... What is everyone's thoughts? Did i screw up and order garbage?
Old 4/27/15, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mrcharles
Hey everyone!

I have a 2005 silver gt with 45k miles on it. Mods include short throw shifter, pypes axle back exhaust, and 20" bullet replicas...

On the suggestion of the guys at AmericanMuscle I just ordered the JLT SERIES 3 CAI AND BAMA X4 TUNER... This is the 110mm intake. I was leaning towards the 95mm c and l intake, but decided to listen to their advice.

I'm excited to feel the difference this will produce... What is everyone's thoughts? Did i screw up and order garbage?

Hey Mr. Charles - Welcome to TheMustangSource! You know what they say around here...Post up some pictures so we can take a look at your GT! In regards to your question let me be the first to let you know that you went with a great kit! Ask me how I know! It's on my '08 right now

In all seriousness I've had JLT's parts on both of my Mustang's for years and I've had the pleasure of working with directly on multiple occasions - They make a great product and run a tight ship and I can't say nice enough things about them (And no I don't receive a pat on the back for saying this!)

You're going to love this set up, I promise! Let me know what you think when everything's installed and if you're to have any other questions don't hesitate to let me know, I'm always around to help out!

Alex
Old 4/27/15, 12:04 PM

Thanks Alex.. Here's a picture of the car. Can't wait to bolt the parts on.
Attached Thumbnails New Mods, Thoughts?-mustang.jpg  
Old 4/27/15, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Nice! She looks downright evil! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need an unbiased suggestion for your next mod - One of the best aspects about working here is that we're not sales driven or commission based so if you're looking at a part that I think you wouldn't like, I'll **** well let you know! Keep me in the loop if anything and thank you so much for your support and business, we really appreciate it!

Alex
Old 4/27/15, 07:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
looks great what springs do you have on there?
Old 4/30/15, 08:11 AM

I'm not sure.. There were on the car when I bought it. They are blue, so I'm thinking maybe Ford Racing.
Old 4/30/15, 08:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Wonder if that tune will help with Ford's built-in throttle hesitation. I would love to say goodbye to that.
Old 4/30/15, 03:03 PM

Install took 20 minutes and that includes installing the tune.... Runs amazing!!! It did take care of the throttle lag that bugged the crap out of me...I installed the 93 race tune. At first it was hard to feather the throttle in my neighborhood. Car runs awesome... Ordered parts Monday night... Installed by mid day Thursday... Thanks American Muscle and Bama Tunes!!!
Old 6/20/15, 06:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
The tunes clear up that throttle lag, easily noticeable i have been running JLT CAI and older SCT from 2008 without a hitch.