Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DozerzPony@July 18, 2005, 10:43 AM
is there a tune needed after install?

No Tune Needed, Bolt & Go!!
Old 7/18/05, 09:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Paul:

Great Review ... Sounds like a nice mod! I'll have to put it on my list.
Maybe we can get to that dyno soon?
Old 7/18/05, 10:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05SatinGT@July 18, 2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Paul:

Great Review ... Sounds like a nice mod! I'll have to put it on my list.
Maybe we can get to that dyno soon?
Im actually looking to do the track! Im thinking of possibly going Friday if its not too bad, weather wise, if you would like to join me or anyone else in the area wanting to join.
Old 7/18/05, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 15, 2005, 8:39 PM
From both RPM Outlet and JET, the claim of 6-8 Horsepower and 10-14 lbs of torque.
Paul,
I am happy it is working for you, but I would really like to see some reasonable explanation as to how these gains are realized. I just don't understand how placing an additional restriction in the intake flow path can have any beneficial effects.
Other than waving their arms and reciting buzz words, did JET or RPM-Outlet provide any explanation?

The Boss Hog
Old 7/18/05, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 18, 2005, 10:03 AM
Im actually looking to do the track! Im thinking of possibly going Friday if its not too bad, weather wise, if you would like to join me or anyone else in the area wanting to join.
I ordered the Jet spacer and the K&N setup yesterday. It'll be exciting to feel the difference.

Paul, I think I will try to go with you to the track. I can't promise, but I'll see what I can do.
Old 7/18/05, 11:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 18, 2005, 10:03 AM

Heading to the shore this Thurs. for the weekend. I'll have to meet you guys at the track another night. The way the summer is going tuesday nights look best for me.
Old 7/18/05, 11:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@July 18, 2005, 12:47 PM
Paul,
I am happy it is working for you, but I would really like to see some reasonable explanation as to how these gains are realized. I just don't understand how placing an additional restriction in the intake flow path can have any beneficial effects.
Other than waving their arms and reciting buzz words, did JET or RPM-Outlet provide any explanation?

The Boss Hog

Ok, do a search on the web on throttle body spacers and im sure there is a reasonable explanation on how it works. Im sick of repeating myself everytime a person doesn't bother to read.......just search it
Old 7/18/05, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

According to Sam Memmolo on "Two Guys Garage", it has to do with Volumetric Effiency - I used to be a mechanical engineer...I'll check my old text books when I get a chance.
Old 7/18/05, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

HERE!! Since I have to do everything.........

"developed to enhance mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency. The unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the TBS causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body. This extremely beneficial air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture, which produces tremendous gains in mid-range power and overall efficiency."
Old 7/18/05, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371+July 18, 2005, 1:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ July 18, 2005, 1:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, do a search on the web on throttle body spacers and im sure there is a reasonable explanation on how it works. Im sick of repeating myself everytime a person doesn't bother to read.......just search it
[/b]

. . . . hummm . . . . well, I am very sorry for bothering you. It won't happen again.

<!--QuoteBegin-MaverickMLFD371
@July 18, 2005, 2:14 PM
HERE!! Since I have to do everything.........

"developed to enhance mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency. The unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the TBS causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body. This extremely beneficial air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture, which produces tremendous gains in mid-range power and overall efficiency."
[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to provide such an in depth analysis. Its too bad the "expert" who wrote that garbage doesn't have a clue what is going on. Take a look at your intake manifold and you might happen to notice a large plenum chamber between the throttle body and the intake runners. Got any idea what it is in there for and what it would do to any magic "spinning action"?

The Boss Hog

Since you have to do everything, got any idea what you can do with your attitude ?
Old 7/18/05, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm actually surprised you can feel a difference with 6-8 hp. I can understand if throttle response is better but as for feeling the power....
Hey if you are happy with it that is all that matters!
Old 7/18/05, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by The Boss Hog@July 18, 2005, 12:52 PM
. . . . hummm . . . . well, I am very sorry for bothering you. It won't happen again.
Thank you for taking the time to provide such an in depth analysis. Its too bad the "expert" who wrote that garbage doesn't have a clue what is going on. Take a look at your intake manifold and you might happen to notice a large plenum chamber between the throttle body and the intake runners. Got any idea what it is in there for and what it would do to any magic "spinning action"?

The Boss Hog

Since you have to do everything, got any idea what you can do with your attitude ?

Got to a agree with Boss Hog on this one. I am a numbers man. Show me the Dyno sheets before and after about 15 minutes apart and I am "IN" But there is no way the swirl of air from this spacers can last all the the way from the throttle body into the heads. Remember where the injectors are at in the whole system. Long way from the throttle body. It is pretty! It is blue! And it looks good installed. And if it is worth all of the hype, than a couple of hundred dollars for a Dyno run should be worth the time to prove it out. I am truely pulling for it because if it pans out than it is worth every penny. But until it is proven it rates like a blue " Turbonator." Just my 2 cents.
Scott :notnice:
Old 7/18/05, 07:29 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@July 18, 2005, 4:21 PM
Got to a agree with Boss Hog on this one. I am a numbers man. Show me the Dyno sheets before and after about 15 minutes apart and I am "IN" But there is no way the swirl of air from this spacers can last all the the way from the throttle body into the heads. Remember where the injectors are at in the whole system. Long way from the throttle body. It is pretty! It is blue! And it looks good installed. And if it is worth all of the hype, than a couple of hundred dollars for a Dyno run should be worth the time to prove it out. I am truely pulling for it because if it pans out than it is worth every penny. But until it is proven it rates like a blue " Turbonator." Just my 2 cents.
Scott :notnice:

Ditto!
Old 7/18/05, 09:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well Im sorry you guys feel that way and thats ok. I've researched this kind of part from other vehicles and other owners and their experiences and they said it was a terrific mod. Finally they came out with one for the 05 Mustang, so I took a chance in chipping in for it and it was worth it and im happy with it. If spending $75 to do a dyno pull on a part to satisfy everyone's skeptical view of throttle body spacers, Im not gonna do it. I did a dyno once and Im not ready to go back in for just one part! So from now on any other part that I get for my car, Im going to keep my input to myself and not say a word about it, Im just gonna keep it to myself and be happy with it. No more pics, no more write-ups, no more input on parts, forget it, over and done with! I try to do something nice and give what I think is a great review on a part based upon experience of testing it since I got it, both WOT and gas mileage readings with the computer, it doesn't amount to anyone's likings. Im not saying you have to, thats your thing, but asking for me to do more so you can make up your mind about it, not happening!
Old 7/18/05, 09:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You really don't have to get worked up about what people say online. I appreciated the work you put into the write-up and would like to see more from you. Its great to see someone young putting time into their car and providing information and opinions for the community.

$0.02
Old 7/18/05, 10:03 PM
FR500 Member

I enjoyed your write up also!

Paul
Old 7/19/05, 03:06 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Keep the info coming. Don't worry about them. If they want dyno results that bad, let them send you the money.

For what it's worth, I'm strongly considering buying one myself. (and I'm sure a few others are also) Lately I have been very disappointed with my throttle lag with the recent high temps and humidity around here so maybe this will help.

Thanks again for the write-up and for taking the time to do it.
Old 7/19/05, 06:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Enfynet@July 18, 2005, 11:55 PM
You really don't have to get worked up about what people say online. I appreciated the work you put into the write-up and would like to see more from you. Its great to see someone young putting time into their car and providing information and opinions for the community.

$0.02

I just don't appreciate it at times and I think its rude. I've gotten a few PM's from people about others and how they act on here. For now, just give it time, eventually I'll be posting again someday, but not now. Not till this whole thing blows over.
Old 7/19/05, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 18, 2005, 10:42 PM
Well Im sorry you guys feel that way and thats ok. I've researched this kind of part from other vehicles and other owners and their experiences and they said it was a terrific mod. Finally they came out with one for the 05 Mustang, so I took a chance in chipping in for it and it was worth it and im happy with it. If spending $75 to do a dyno pull on a part to satisfy everyone's skeptical view of throttle body spacers, Im not gonna do it. I did a dyno once and Im not ready to go back in for just one part! So from now on any other part that I get for my car, Im going to keep my input to myself and not say a word about it, Im just gonna keep it to myself and be happy with it. No more pics, no more write-ups, no more input on parts, forget it, over and done with! I try to do something nice and give what I think is a great review on a part based upon experience of testing it since I got it, both WOT and gas mileage readings with the computer, it doesn't amount to anyone's likings. Im not saying you have to, thats your thing, but asking for me to do more so you can make up your mind about it, not happening!
Thanks Mav for the great install pics and write up. Looks like it was a lot of work to get all that done and posted with such good, clear pics and instructions. Just ignore all the negativity and don't let them drag you down man! You done GOOD. Doc
Old 7/19/05, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by sybidoc@July 19, 2005, 9:32 AM
Thanks Mav for the great install pics and write up. Looks like it was a lot of work to get all that done and posted with such good, clear pics and instructions. Just ignore all the negativity and don't let them drag you down man! You done GOOD. Doc

Appreciate the comments guys, making me feel a whole lot better about things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JET Power-Flo Throttle Body Spacer