GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Feedback on saleen 98mm airbox w/hard plastic intake tube

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/14, 05:49 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Feedback on saleen 98mm airbox w/hard plastic intake tube

Hey there everyone ! I happen to be running a Saleen series VI S/C on my 2006 GT which was installed with a C&L racer inlet tube and pipeline 101mm MAF..

The car was already installed with both the S/C and C&L intake when I purchased it, but since I've owned it, I've noticed a few clearance issues with the intake tube rubbing on both the top of the alternator and inner hood..

I was looking into replacing the C&L intake setup for the JLT series 3 which is supposedly designed to fit with a Saleen S/C and the stock hood, however after speaking with several other 05 and 06 owners, they provided some negative feedback concerning hood clearance issues they encountered with the JLT intake..

So after talking with several local tuners, I was recommended to look into running either the Steeda 90mm cold air intake with the stock Saleen rubber inlet tube or find a stock Saleen airbox lid which has a 98mm MAF housing built in along with their upgraded hard plastic inlet tube..

So my question is this.. If I decide to go with the Saleen airbox setup that I just described, will I notice any substantial power and airflow loss due to running an enclosed airbox which is considered as being restrictive when compared to running a cold air intake such as the Steeda 90mm CAI ?

If I do decide to go with the Saleen setup ? Bear in mind that I will be cutting out the bottom section of the stock airbox in order to increase airflow which hopefully will reduce the restrictions of running an enclosed airbox..

In addition, I'll most definitely be getting my car custom tuned regardless of which setup I decide to go with..

In the meantime, I'd be really grateful for any feedback and support in addressing my concerns..

Thanks in advance

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  52.2 KB

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/2/14 at 09:08 AM.