Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > GT Performance Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 6/6/05, 7:25 PM   #1
I talk to cones.

Send a message via MSN to softbatch Send a message via Yahoo to softbatch
From what I have read on these forums a person can disconnect the battery on their stang for 15 minutes and this will erase the computer and make it readjust to the conditions it sees when the car starts back up.

Has anyone tried this to see if the A/F ratio is fixed by the computer after installing any go fast parts, especially a CAI?

I would think this would work but it still would not provide the horsepower of a tune, but that it would keep the engine out of a lean condition.
softbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/6/05, 9:34 PM   #2
Bullitt Member

James - I tried to install my CAI with only making adjustments to the Predator (i.e adjusting Fuel). This was a bad idea and I'm glad I did not drive around with it like that. The CAI make the engine way too lean (or was it rich?). Anyways the computer would not adjust for the amount need so that is why a custom tune is necesary.

Good Luck!_Jay

<span style=\'color:red\'>still have 1965 Fastback waiting for restore!!!</span>
j-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/6/05, 10:29 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to 169stang
I know one thing, if you disconnect the battery with the key in the ignition, you'll clear out the computer. Doing so, you might be lucky to reinstall the tune if you have an SCT or DTP. Most likely though, you'll have to take the car to the dealership to have them load a stock program back in the car.
bmrfabrication.com Suspension
www.jpcracing.com Tranny conversion
http://racecarbuilders.com/ Cage
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ Parts
http://diablosport.com/ Tuning
96' Mystic Cobra #93
69' Mustang Coupe
169stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 5:40 AM   #4
Bullitt Member

Send a message via AIM to gotmy05
I disconnected mine when I put on my SLP's for about 30 min. and I have had no problem. P.S. SLP = nice low end torque.

05 Stang GT Premium Coupe: #3711 off the line, BLack on Black, 5 speed man., IUP, Bullits, Shaker 1000, SLP Loudmouths, UPR Brushed Aluminum door plates, Webelectric Sequential Tail Lights, and soon C&amp;L / Preditor.

67 Fairlane 500: White on Black GT Buckets w/ Black vynal top,200hp 200ci 6cyl, C-4 3 speed auto, Clifford dual output headers w/ 40 series Flowmasters, Clifford 2bbl intake w/ Webber carb, Engine built by Promar Presicion Engines, Paterson, NJ (thanks Carlos), 68 Mustang GT rims.
gotmy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 6:35 AM   #5
Team Mustang Source

Send a message via AIM to MaverickMLFD371 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickMLFD371
i disconnected mine when I put my flowmasters on, felt a def increase, and for my K&N aircharger CAI, it tells you to reset the computer to get the 15 horses. So I had to do that as well.........

495 RWHP / 504 RWTQ SAE Corrected @ 11psi
Tuned By Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports
MaverickMLFD371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 5:11 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to 169stang
I'm talking about disconnecting with the keys in the ignition only.
bmrfabrication.com Suspension
www.jpcracing.com Tranny conversion
http://racecarbuilders.com/ Cage
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ Parts
http://diablosport.com/ Tuning
96' Mystic Cobra #93
69' Mustang Coupe
169stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 9:57 PM   #7
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I believe page 205 or around there... of owners manual explains how to reset the computer ...
2005 Black Ford Mustang GT Premium, 5 Speed Manual, ABS, Dark Charcoal Leather Interior, Interior Sport Apperance Package, Rear Spoiler, Shaker 1000, Active Anti-Theft, 17? Bright Machined-Aluminum Wheels, Wheel Lock Kit
Mods: Saleen S/C , w/Saleen CAI,90mm Lightning MAF, 39# cobra inj, JDM xcal2 tune-92oct, 3.4" 9.5psi,Gates Belt, Prothane Bullet motor mounts, Autometer Cobalt Gauges:Boost&A/F, Autometer Pillar Gauge Pod , FR blk valve covers. SLP LM, FR 4.10 gears, FR Susp, Midwest Mirror inserts, BFG KDWS 255-50-ZR17.
Upcoming mods: RIM and 275/45 R17 tires
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 10:02 PM   #8
I talk to cones.

Send a message via MSN to softbatch Send a message via Yahoo to softbatch
Quote:
Originally posted by AJC@June 7, 2005, 11:00 PM
I believe page 205 or around there... of owners manual explains how to reset the computer ...
What I want to know is if after installing a new CAI and reseting the computer. Will the computer recognize and adapt to the new airflow keeping the engine out of a lean condition?
softbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 10:21 PM   #9
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I dont think so - adding a CAI may require a new set of parameters flashed into the computer, which is why for example C&L offers a tune. Reseting the computer just means it will use its stock program and try to adjust to the changes immediately instead of over a period of driving the car.... too much change, like a CAI and it will probably have problems, although it may not be apparent immediately. Such as using a CAI tune from another products set up. It may be close and seem to run fine but without checking there is no way to know if its adjusted correctly without having some kind of diagnosis tools available, like during a dyno session.
2005 Black Ford Mustang GT Premium, 5 Speed Manual, ABS, Dark Charcoal Leather Interior, Interior Sport Apperance Package, Rear Spoiler, Shaker 1000, Active Anti-Theft, 17? Bright Machined-Aluminum Wheels, Wheel Lock Kit
Mods: Saleen S/C , w/Saleen CAI,90mm Lightning MAF, 39# cobra inj, JDM xcal2 tune-92oct, 3.4" 9.5psi,Gates Belt, Prothane Bullet motor mounts, Autometer Cobalt Gauges:Boost&A/F, Autometer Pillar Gauge Pod , FR blk valve covers. SLP LM, FR 4.10 gears, FR Susp, Midwest Mirror inserts, BFG KDWS 255-50-ZR17.
Upcoming mods: RIM and 275/45 R17 tires
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/7/05, 10:21 PM