Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Can't keep her clean! Long.

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/08, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't keep her clean! Long.

Sunday was a nice day. I washed, clayed and waxed the stang, cleaned the wheels and shined the tires. She look beautiful, better than the day we met. I even felt like a whole new man driving her home, on top of the world.... BUT, Monday. Started out nice, but at about 2:30 pm I knew it was going to get ugle. 3:00 pm it started to pour rain and boom thunder and crack lightning, tripped the plant clean off line. When I finally got off after a 14 hour day it had stopped raining. Got to the car and it was not too bad, nothing that couldn't be detailed. Drove home with a slight dint in my pride. Tuesday. Thought I would clean up the car from the rain on Mon. after I got off work, but it poured again at 5:00 pm. So I got off work, good day bringing plant back up. Walked to my car and some A-HOLE put hand, not finger prints but HAND PRINTS, on my windshield, side windows, side mirrors and 2 more on my driver door and 2 more on the hood, 9 handprints in all. I asked the other operators and they knew nothing. We have a big crew of contractors here right now doing a rebuild and they walk by my car all day, and I bet it was one of them. Not to dog contractors but one of them would be the only other person that would do it, or have the opportunity, besides an operator. I carry a microfiber cloth with me at all times so I wiped them down and got in my car to go home. I was furious, I wanted to strangle somebody. And with a huge dent to my pride, I just headed home. well on the way home someone stalled their truck and parked it in the middle of the road blocking the 2 lanes going north!Idiot! The only way around was to drive off the road and in the mud. So I never got 1 full day of a beautifully detailed car. Well my pride will be restored again, for I am giving it anouther shot today when I get home. This time I will be home for the weekend and the 4th so nobody can get so jealous that they have to touch. Gees, I don't even let my wife touch the paint, I open all the doors for her, one cause I love her and two so no finger prints end up on my paint.

I used the Ice Liquid Clay, them Mothers FX Syn wax. and that is the best I have ever seen paint look. IMO. Sorry so long.
Old 7/3/08, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my car since last tuesday, everyday it has rained at some point during the day so it is useless to get it beautiful right now.
Old 7/3/08, 01:52 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moved to the car care section since you are basically talking about how you take pride in keeping your car clean. Not really a GT Performance mod

However, I know how you feel. I try to keep mine clean but I am finding that when I do that it just attracts dust, dirt and every idiot out there.
Old 7/3/08, 03:41 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
when I work on it, the paint needs to be near perfect, but I also realize that its not going to stay that way for long, esp since I dont have a garage