Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

2015 Mustang Paint

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/15, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang Paint

Hey guys!

I have had my 2015 GT Mustang for just over a month now. I bought it off the lot but it had around 200km on it from test drives.

One issue though. I just washed it off really well since I have had it and noticed that above the licence plate, near the trunk lid...the paint looks to have been worn or scratched off. It isn't damage from myself (I haven't opened the trunk since the sales person showed me how) or another vehicle...but it looks as though the fabric licence plate holder used for test drives slowly wore the paint down.

I don't really want to bother the dealership but do you guys have any suggestions on repairing it and cost associated with it?

Thanks!

Keane
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Mustang Paint-img_3931-1-.jpg  
Old 3/5/15, 05:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Bring it back and tell them to compound that out. It's doesn't look like too much clear has been burned.
Old 3/5/15, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't think the dealership will help me out as they have already replaced a headlight because they had my car undercoated when I requested not to and on top of it got undercoating on the headlight lens.

Would a process like this work for my situation?
http://m.instructables.com/id/Buffin...s-out-by-hand/

I feel as though the paint is worn to the plastic bumper.
Old 3/6/15, 02:43 PM
CURRENTLY NOT ACTIVE ON THIS SITE DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by AceMaverick
Hey guys!

I have had my 2015 GT Mustang for just over a month now. I bought it off the lot but it had around 200km on it from test drives.

One issue though. I just washed it off really well since I have had it and noticed that above the licence plate, near the trunk lid...the paint looks to have been worn or scratched off. It isn't damage from myself (I haven't opened the trunk since the sales person showed me how) or another vehicle...but it looks as though the fabric licence plate holder used for test drives slowly wore the paint down.

I don't really want to bother the dealership but do you guys have any suggestions on repairing it and cost associated with it?

Thanks!

Keane
Thanks for the quick reply! I don't think the dealership will help me out as they have already replaced a headlight because they had my car undercoated when I requested not to and on top of it got undercoating on the headlight lens.

Would a process like this work for my situation?
http://m.instructables.com/id/Buffin...s-out-by-hand/

I feel as though the paint is worn to the plastic bumper.

Hey Keane,

Helped you before, I'm here to help again! Have you sought a second opinion? Let me know if I can assist in finding another dealer, or if you'd like me to get this concern to your CSM; I'll gladly do it.

Nikki
Ford Service CA
Old 3/6/15, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
looks pretty nasty. I don't think scratch remover will work on that.
Old 3/8/15, 05:22 PM
GT Member

I don't really want to bother the dealership ....
If you bought it from the dealership, it should have come with a warranty.
Plus it is damage they ultimately caused.

For these kinds of "little" issues it should not be a bother to them. The two times I've taken mine in for "little" things similar to this, I look at it as they are doing the work to keep me happy, and hopefully I will buy another one of their vehicles (hopefully from that dealer even) because they are "taking care of me" and my vehicle (under warranty even).

Just my 2 cents.
I understand if it is easy enough to fix, do it yourself....
Old 3/8/15, 07:09 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealer should honor the bumper to bumper warranty especially with the damage they caused. When i had my car in my dealers shop one of the service techs back it into a truck trailer hitch which left a massive hole in the rear bumper as well as leaving the rear right quarter panel dented. They replaced both parts free of charge and even bumped my car to priority one and did a full service maintenence to boot. I was upset when it happened but was extremely happy after it was all said and done. I also got a test drive in their first non 50th anni. 5.slow when they got em in. Needless to say i will be buying again from them. Maybe a new s550 when my car hits 100k. Or i could just order a crate motor and supercharger and have them install it and save a bunch of thousands lol