Europe Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Mustang meeting in Denain (F)

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/06, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Mustang meeting in Denain (F)

We’re eating an extensive lunch in a converted garage: sandwich merguez and French fries. If I look around I see more people eating, I see shiny Mustangs in the back and further on there’s a real car junkyard with mostly Peugeots, Renaults and Citroëns. Car junkyard? What are we doing here?
French spoken forum MustangPassion organised a meeting this Sunday, including a meal and a drive through the countryside of Northern France. Some 170 miles from home, but knowing our French friends it would be worth the trip. With us came Marcel and his ’99 35th anniversary Mustang. Junkyard (“Casse” in French) owner Jacques is a real Mustang fan and he owns some 20 of them. He agreed to host the meeting on his terrain; an interesting environment….
Only in France are all meeting activities postponed at around noon. Time for a drink (“aperitif”) followed by the meal. Although a simple meal, I always love the attention that the French give to it. At lunch time the meeting no longer matters, the meal does!
After the meal we took to the countryside using small and scenic roads. A stop at a local “producteur” and back to Jacques for coffee and tarte au sucre. Followed by the dash home. 368 miles in one day; you could say that is a lot for a simple meal and simple cruise, but we think it was worth it!
A little video: http://mustangforum.marsdesigns.com/marc/denainMP.wmv

And some pictures (more available on request...):

Old 5/12/06, 06:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
that is a long way to go for a cruise! Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 5/12/06, 07:10 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing.