General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

We Escaped Winter With a Ford Mustang GT California Special

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/17, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We Escaped Winter With a Ford Mustang GT California Special

Ford recently lent us a Mustang GT California Special for a week, so we put it to the test. Is this car the ultimate way to escape the winter blues? Furthermore, is this California Special capable of making anyone feel special in California?

Read the rest on the The Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 1/6/17, 08:02 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Talk about perfect timing. We are taking our annual vacation to Monterey and down the PCH this spring/summer in our GTCS 'vert. It may be 10 years old now but will be as much fun. This is the vacation car to own.
The following 2 users liked this post by NC14GT:
ManuelCarrillo3 (1/6/17), wanted33 (1/7/17)
Old 1/6/17, 11:01 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Talk about perfect timing. We are taking our annual vacation to Monterey and down the PCH this spring/summer in our GTCS 'vert. It may be 10 years old now but will be as much fun. This is the vacation car to own.
Invest in Beach Boys and Jan and Dean downloads for the MP3 devices or CDs. Makes the experience complete.
Old 1/6/17, 05:01 PM

Glad to hear about the perfect timing. Enjoy your annual vacation in Monterey, and I hope you enjoyed the video!
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (1/8/17)
Old 1/7/17, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Invest in Beach Boys and Jan and Dean downloads for the MP3 devices or CDs. Makes the experience complete.
Way ahead of you. Done!!

Originally Posted by ManuelCarrillo3
Glad to hear about the perfect timing. Enjoy your annual vacation in Monterey, and I hope you enjoyed the video!
Thanks. Yes, enjoyed the video. We really didn't think about 'traffic' but avoiding the weekends might help. This is our 2nd trek to California in our GTCS. Our first visit took us to San Diego about 4 years ago, and on the way back to NC we drove quite a bit of Route 66, especially in AZ.
ManuelCarrillo3 (1/9/17)
Old 1/7/17, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Dave, that's the trip the wife, and I have always wanted to take. You're going to be our inspiration.

BTW, if I can get tires, and a state tag in time we're taking ours on it's first little run to Myrtle Beach this weekend. If not we'll take her Vert, but I really want to take mine.
Old 1/8/17, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by wanted33
Dave, that's the trip the wife, and I have always wanted to take. You're going to be our inspiration.

BTW, if I can get tires, and a state tag in time we're taking ours on it's first little run to Myrtle Beach this weekend. If not we'll take her Vert, but I really want to take mine.
We'll be probably posting photos upon our return like we always do. That will inspire you further like last time.
Myrtle Beach is always a fun trip but your wife's 'vert may be the way to go if the weather is warm enough and nice. Topless driving along the beach is as good as it gets. Can't imagine that, as I write this, it is 10 degrees with snow on the ground.
Old 1/8/17, 08:45 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I grew up in Columbia, SC. I spent many weekends as a teenager and in my twenties at Myrtle Beach. Enjoy!
Old 1/8/17, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

We'll be probably posting photos upon our return like we always do. That will inspire you further like last time.
Myrtle Beach is always a fun trip but your wife's 'vert may be the way to go if the weather is warm enough and nice. Topless driving along the beach is as good as it gets. Can't imagine that, as I write this, it is 10 degrees with snow on the ground.
I'm sure you know that's one of the best drives. We had her's down in September which was perfect. This time, it is gonna be a might cold.

BTW, what's the mileage on your car now? Being a more mature feller I remember a time when 80K miles on a car meant it was time to have the engine overhauled. My Dad's '67 Camaro went 81K then the crank wore out. Not to worry though, It's sitting in my garage right now.

Last edited by wanted33; 1/8/17 at 10:56 AM.
Old 1/9/17, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by wanted33

BTW, what's the mileage on your car now?

That's a nice one!
Ref the mileage, just hit 40,000 recently. The Alberta/Banff trip last year and the Nova Scotia trip this past Spring put on some serious miles. I truly have a highway miles car. All these road trips add up. The upcoming CA trip will add another 6,000 miles most likely.
Old 1/9/17, 09:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's a nice one!
Ref the mileage, just hit 40,000 recently. The Alberta/Banff trip last year and the Nova Scotia trip this past Spring put on some serious miles. I truly have a highway miles car. All these road trips add up. The upcoming CA trip will add another 6,000 miles most likely.

That's still a seriously low mileage car. I understand about the road trips. My C7 has 5200 since March, and 4800 were road trip miles. But, that's way we buy these cars. Much more fun on the road than a Blahmobile like the Accord/Camry twins.
Old 1/9/17, 05:16 PM

Please PM me when your photo thread goes live. We'd love to feature your trip photos on The Mustang Source homepage.
The following 2 users liked this post by ManuelCarrillo3:
NC14GT (1/11/17), wanted33 (1/10/17)
Old 1/11/17, 09:07 AM

Please PM me when your photo thread goes live. We'd love to feature your trip photos on The Mustang Source homepage.
Cool! Will do. Now the hard part is remembering
My past trip photos (San Diego, Canadian trips) are all posted long ago on this site. These are two of my favorites. Banff and Rte 66 in AZ.
We Escaped Winter With a Ford Mustang GT California Special-banff-glacier-national-park-176.jpg

We Escaped Winter With a Ford Mustang GT California Special-san-diego-vacation-188.jpg
wanted33 (1/11/17)
Old 1/11/17, 10:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That is one good looking car my Tar Heel brother.
NC14GT (1/12/17)
Old 2/5/17, 08:16 AM

Change of plans. We started checking motel prices, etc.. and CA is out of our price range. Our budget won't be large enough.
We are now heading to the national parks in Utah and visiting the Durango/ Littleton area of Colorado. Another section of Route 66 will be considered on our way home off I-40. We'll have fun there too. We are glad we visited CA so many times in the past because we may not be back there again unfortunately.