General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Share Special Order Experience

Old 3/2/15, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Share Special Order Experience

I placed my order for a 2015 GT Premium spec'd out the way I wanted it with the color I wanted early Nov 2014. I'm still waiting as of 2 Mar 2015.

Dealer says, it's on the way; should have it any day (been saying that for about a month). Ford Special Order Tracking website says it's awaiting transport (Website status has been saying that for about a month too). Ford customer service said early last month that it was still in production. So, three different stories depending on the source. Last week a senior Ford customer service rep called me and admitted they have no clue where the car is. They've lost it.

Question: How do you lose a $46K automobile?

So here I sit wondering why I can track a $10.00 order via FedEx, UPS, etc. from start to finish and Ford apparently has no method in place to do something similar.

Ford said they are trying to track down the plant manager to trace the car. That also was a week ago. Perhaps they're having trouble tracking him down too?

Meanwhile I'm wondering if I should cancel this special order and start over or what.

Anyone else have similar experiences with special orders?
Old 3/2/15, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Have you talked with Deysha? Looks like this is your first post. There is a Customer service person from Ford. She is the Best. She can look up your car and tell you exactly where it is.
Old 3/2/15, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems with your order. Mine went very smoothly as you can see from the timeline info in my signature. Jazzman is right about Deysha. She's awesome and won't BS you.
Old 3/3/15, 08:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PiperOwner
I placed my order for a 2015 GT Premium spec'd out the way I wanted it with the color I wanted early Nov 2014. I'm still waiting as of 2 Mar 2015.

Dealer says, it's on the way; should have it any day (been saying that for about a month). Ford Special Order Tracking website says it's awaiting transport (Website status has been saying that for about a month too). Ford customer service said early last month that it was still in production. So, three different stories depending on the source. Last week a senior Ford customer service rep called me and admitted they have no clue where the car is. They've lost it.

Question: How do you lose a $46K automobile?

So here I sit wondering why I can track a $10.00 order via FedEx, UPS, etc. from start to finish and Ford apparently has no method in place to do something similar.

Ford said they are trying to track down the plant manager to trace the car. That also was a week ago. Perhaps they're having trouble tracking him down too?

Meanwhile I'm wondering if I should cancel this special order and start over or what.

Anyone else have similar experiences with special orders?
Hello PiperOwner,

Welcome to the forum! Please PM me with your VIN, or dealer’s name and order number so I can help.

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Have you talked with Deysha? Looks like this is your first post. There is a Customer service person from Ford. She is the Best. She can look up your car and tell you exactly where it is.
Originally Posted by tukatz
Sorry to hear of your problems with your order. Mine went very smoothly as you can see from the timeline info in my signature. Jazzman is right about Deysha. She's awesome and won't BS you.
Thank you for the support, guys!

Deysha
Old 3/3/15, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Please keep us updated
Old 3/3/15, 12:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I smell a one post wonder.
Old 3/10/15, 06:29 AM

I apologize for the delay in replying. We're a military family in the process of transferring back to the USA from overseas and currently living out of suit cases while we wait for our household goods to arrive. I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger getting the house ready, etc., and haven't had a lot of spare time.

Update:
I got a call from Ford Customer service ~ Tue last week (and by the way, I am going to contact Deysha after I post this reply -- thanks for the tip) telling me they found the car and it is back in the queue to be sent to the dealer. The next day the dealer called and confirmed they got notice it was on the way. This morning (10 Mar) the Ford tracking website said 5 days to delivery. I guess it's a really slow train to make the 550 mile trip from Flat Rock to the dealer. Maybe they stop every 5 miles or so to drop off a car or two.
Old 3/10/15, 07:07 AM

I apologize for the delay in replying. We're a military family in the process of transferring back to the USA from overseas and currently living out of suit cases while we wait for our household goods to arrive. I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger getting the house ready, etc., and haven't had a lot of spare time.

Update:
I got a call from Ford Customer service ~ Tue last week (and by the way, I am going to contact Deysha after I post this reply -- thanks for the tip) telling me they found the car and it is back in the queue to be sent to the dealer. The next day the dealer called and confirmed they got notice it was on the way. This morning (10 Mar) the Ford tracking website said 5 days to delivery. I guess it's a really slow train to make the 550 mile trip from Flat Rock to the dealer. Maybe they stop every 5 miles or so to drop off a car or two.
Welcome home, PiperOwner! Definitely PM me with your VIN when you get a chance.

Deysha
Old 3/10/15, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome home, PiperOwner! Definitely PM me with your VIN when you get a chance.

Deysha
Hi Deysha. If I did it right you should have a private message in your inbox.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 3/10/15, 02:07 PM

Hi Deysha. If I did it right you should have a private message in your inbox.

Cheers
You sure did, PiperOwner! I sent you a response.

Deysha
Old 3/10/15, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Please keep us updated
Update 10 Mar 2015

Deysha indeed got back to me with an explanation. The car was not lost. Apparently something came up that Ford wanted to take a closer look at before shipping a whole bunch of cars which caused a significant delay to reinspect each car. Knowing that I'm glad that Ford took the time to make sure everything is tip top before shipping my car. I just wish I'd have known that a month ago.

Using the "is the glass half-empty or half-full" concept I'm taking the attitude that perhaps the delay is a good thing since by the time the car gets here, hopefully all the snow and salty roads will be gone. Otherwise it probably would have sat in my garage -- a lot. (At least I could be running the battery down playing with all the bells & whistles.)
Old 3/10/15, 11:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
It can take a surprisingly long time from the time the car gets to your nearest rail yard until it gets trucked to the dealer. Mine was four days. They don't truck them down to the dealer one at a time, they wait to have a full truckload.
Old 3/11/15, 08:06 AM

Update 10 Mar 2015

Deysha indeed got back to me with an explanation. The car was not lost. Apparently something came up that Ford wanted to take a closer look at before shipping a whole bunch of cars which caused a significant delay to reinspect each car. Knowing that I'm glad that Ford took the time to make sure everything is tip top before shipping my car. I just wish I'd have known that a month ago.

Using the "is the glass half-empty or half-full" concept I'm taking the attitude that perhaps the delay is a good thing since by the time the car gets here, hopefully all the snow and salty roads will be gone. Otherwise it probably would have sat in my garage -- a lot. (At least I could be running the battery down playing with all the bells & whistles.)
You’re welcome, PiperOwner. It’ll be there before you know it!

Deysha
Old 4/17/15, 11:04 PM

Another update. Got my car a month ago today. It was an interesting day. I got up that morning excited to be finally getting my car. I had a bit of drive to get there since the dealership was 108 miles from my house. Before I left, I went out to walk my dog and managed to trip on a sidewalk defect falling hard on my right wrist. Big-time pain. I figured I might have done some damage to my wrist but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting my car since I had been waiting so long. My wife and I drove to the dealership and I drove my new Mustang home gritting my teeth with every shift. After putting it in the garage I went to the emergency room and sure enough after looking at the X-Rays the doctor said I fractured my right radius. No wonder it hurt so much to shift gears!

Broken bones aside, the car is everything I hoped for and more. So far the adaptive cruise is my favorite feature. The freeway was crowded most of the way home and I didn't have to touch my brakes the whole way other than exiting the freeway. I kept my foot hovering over the brake but the car did everything for me flawlessly. When a car pulled in my lane in front of me my car either slowed down or applied the brakes as needed to maintain the gap.

One thing that annoyed me however. When I picked up the car the salesman said he wasn't happy with the way the temporary tag was mounted and said he needed to take it to the service department for a moment. I didn't think much about it until a couple weeks later when my permanent tags arrived. When I removed the bolts holding the temp tag I was astonished to see that some moron in the service department had actually put pieces of duct tape around the undersized tag mount bolts/screws. This idiot had drilled out the mounting holes with a drill bit that was too big for the bolts and then used duct tape in an attempt to hold the bolts in place. (I took photos but am unsure how to post them on this forum.) Unbelievable! I wonder if the only reason he didn't use chewing gum was because he wasn't chewing any at the time. Can you imagine taking your car in for service? No telling what this idiot might do with serious mechanical work. You might get home, up the hood and see bailing wire and no telling what else under there. I called the dealership and emailed the photos of the offending bolts with the duct tape wrapped around them and strongly suggested they consider drop-kicking this idiot out the door.

The sales manager apologized and suggested I take the car into a local dealer in my area for a fix and send the bill to him. Seeing as how they drilled out the mounting holes way too big he suggested they put in bolts and a nut on the inside of the valence to hold the tag in place. That may sound OK on the surface but think about it. Do you really want the hassle of reaching up under the valence and trying to put a wrench blindly on a nut EVERY TIME you want to remove your tag to put on a new license frame or whatever? What about later on if the bolt and nut get rusted from winter driving and you can't get the tag off?

I think the simplest solution might be to use the same approach you would to hang a picture on drywall with anchors. The right size anchor should fit snugly in the hole and expand as you put in the screw or bolt and hold the tag in place nicely. It may be an easy fix but why should I have to mess with this crap to begin with?

Changing the subject. I didn't buy this car for every day transportation and only have a bit over 200 miles on it so far with my broken wrist. I'll post my thoughts on the car as I drive it more and get more experience with all the features (I pretty much spec'd it out with everything: GT Premium 5.0, Package 401A, Ruby Red, 50 Years Appearance Package, Enhanced Security Package, GT Performance Package, Reverse Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation and Rain Sensing Wipers, Voice-Activate Navigation System and a few assorted extras).

Last edited by PiperOwner; 4/17/15 at 11:21 PM.
Old 5/2/15, 11:30 AM

I'm new on this forum and I new as a Mustang owner !

Since year I planned to buy a Mustang 50th anniversary match with my 50th anniversary.

At the begining of March I placed an order for a 2015 GT Premium convertible with the color we wanted my wife and I
At the end of March the dealer told us that the car was built and planned to be shipped between april 10th to 16th.
Now we are still waiting and the car is sill at the Michigan Plant's without any date to be delivered !

What is going on ?
Is there any problem with the car ?
It's difficult to believe that there is no transportation available for cars built since a month !

We have a very good services with the dealer and we are sure that the issus is not on that side.

Do you think that I will have a Mustang 2015 for my anniversary ?
Here in Quebec, the season to drive a convertible is short and it's already started.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm French )
Old 5/4/15, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by DanielSTEJ
I'm new on this forum and I new as a Mustang owner !

Since year I planned to buy a Mustang 50th anniversary match with my 50th anniversary.

At the begining of March I placed an order for a 2015 GT Premium convertible with the color we wanted my wife and I
At the end of March the dealer told us that the car was built and planned to be shipped between april 10th to 16th.
Now we are still waiting and the car is sill at the Michigan Plant's without any date to be delivered ! ...
Welcome and congrats on your order, DanielSTEJ! PM me with your VIN so I can check on it.

Deysha